jairoshott

I'm us citizen how long take to bring my brother and sister to usa

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe 15 years or so, could be more could be less.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Assuming you mean to live in the US, it's roughly 13-15 years last time I checked. Maybe even longer.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/20/2017 at 11:16 AM, jairoshott said:

I'm us citizen how long take to bring my brother and sister to usa

Current waiting time does not provide a good future waiting time estimation as F4 line has grown significantly in the past few years. Based on current scenario, waiting time could get much much longer. To put this into a prospective, this category has an annual quota of 65k each year, but there are over 2.5 million people waiting on line - and after considering derivative beneficiaries the numbers could reach even higher. 

• 10 months later...

My brother and sister dad is American he never did  anything for them  he did merry mom for 26 years  my brother and sister r us citizen born in overseas he died a year ago what they can do 

15 minutes ago, jairoshott said:

My brother and sister dad is American he never did  anything for them  he did merry mom for 26 years  my brother and sister r us citizen born in overseas he died a year ago what they can do 

If your father never filed for them when he was alive there is nothing they can do now that he is dead. If they were not born in the US and your father never filed for them, they are not US citizens.

Like everyone already said, it is going to take you 15 plus years for you to petition for them.

What status is your mother?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

My step dad was 100%american he married man for 26 years my brother and sister are american born in costa rica got hes dna 

6 minutes ago, jairoshott said:

My step dad was 100%american he married man for 26 years my brother and sister are american born in costa rica got hes dna 

5 minutes ago, jairoshott said:

They are american well i mean boths got hes blood but hes dead i just wonder

OK. I understand that they are American by blood. But they are not US citizens. They can't just claim American citizenship because their father is one. There is a process that your father was supposed to do when they were born. He was supposed to report your brother and sister to the US so they could gain citizenship. But if he never did, then they are not US citizens.

2 minutes ago, jairoshott said:

Got a question whats the difference me having a citizenship than someone that born in USA

If you are born in the US then you will automatically become a citizen. You have naturalized according to your profile. That means you were not born in another country but you were brought to the US by a US citizen relative. It is the same thing you are trying to do with your brother and sister.

Naturalization requires that a person be a relative of a US citizen and must be a permanent resident for a few years before becoming a US citizen.

Everything is a process. A US citizen simply marrying someone in another country and having children with them does not automatically make them a US citizens.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

6 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

OK. I understand that they are American by blood. But they are not US citizens. They can't just claim American citizenship because their father is one. There is a process that your father was supposed to do when they were born. He was supposed to report your brother and sister to the US so they could gain citizenship. But if he never did, then they are not US citizens.

If you are born in the US then you will automatically become a citizen. You have naturalized according to your profile. That means you were not born in another country but you were brought to the US by a US citizen relative. It is the same thing you are trying to do with your brother and sister.

Naturalization requires that a person be a relative of a US citizen and must be a permanent resident for a few years before becoming a US citizen.

Everything is a process. A US citizen simply marrying someone in another country and having children with them does not automatically make them a US citizens.

Lets forget about my brother and sister  whats the difference between a naturalized  like me and a born citizen in usa  the born citizen is better than a naturalized   we boths have the same rights ,or the born citizen is better than a naturalized

8 minutes ago, jairoshott said:

Lets forget about my brother and sister  whats the difference between a naturalized  like me and a born citizen in usa  the born citizen is better than a naturalized   we boths have the same rights ,or the born citizen is better than a naturalized

I answered you already. What I told you is the only difference. One is born in the US, the other became a citizen through immigration process. There is no other difference.

You are a US citizen. You have the same rights as a person, like me, who was born in the US. You can do the same things that I can.

The only small difference is that citizenship can be removed from someone who naturalized IF they are found to have gained citizenship through fraud. But those are very rare cases. Almost never happens.

The reason i ask is because  few people tell me hey mexican go back to ur country  ,or u cannot b invited to the party u are not white collar , or stuff like that  or i will call ICE few people said it is offensive but i just feel sorry for those bean brains 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.