Joel Schmidt

Please Help with this USCIS/NVC ISSUE

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancée and I filled our fiance visa on april 2017 and we received and approval notice in September (NOA2) stating that our case would be transferred to the NVC within 2-4 weeks.
My fiance's congressman also made an inquiry with the NVC and she's awaiting a response and we have contacted the state senator also.
We know what is going on, and there were no issues with our application not even a request for evidence.
It has also been 7 weeks since the approval.

My fiancée sent an inquiry through the USCIS website and this is the respone that we received:

The status of this service request is:

On October 25, 2017, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-130 to notify us that your case is not located in NVC. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

The petition indicated that the beneficiary would adjust status in the United States.  Therefore it will not be forwarded to NVC.  If you want your case to be forwarded to NVC, you will need to file a Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition.  You can download this form by visiting our website at www.USCIS.gov.

What You Can Do
Please see the "Online Services" below to check the status of your case in the near future. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

We are totally stressed and worried about what is happening and what will happen. 
If someone could help us about what to do.
This is very concerning for now.

Thank you for your help, 

Joel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Joel Schmidt said:

Hello,

My fiancée and I filled our fiance visa on april 2017 and we received and approval notice in September (NOA2) stating that our case would be transferred to the NVC within 2-4 weeks.
My fiance's congressman also made an inquiry with the NVC and she's awaiting a response and we have contacted the state senator also.
We know what is going on, and there were no issues with our application not even a request for evidence.
It has also been 7 weeks since the approval.

My fiancée sent an inquiry through the USCIS website and this is the respone that we received:

The status of this service request is:

On October 25, 2017, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-130 to notify us that your case is not located in NVC. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

The petition indicated that the beneficiary would adjust status in the United States.  Therefore it will not be forwarded to NVC.  If you want your case to be forwarded to NVC, you will need to file a Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition.  You can download this form by visiting our website at www.USCIS.gov.

What You Can Do
Please see the "Online Services" below to check the status of your case in the near future. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

We are totally stressed and worried about what is happening and what will happen. 
If someone could help us about what to do.
This is very concerning for now.

Thank you for your help, 

Joel

Fiance Visa is I-29F  form not I-130 did you sent right form to them

Timeline

Yes I am sure we sent the right form to them. 
We got an approval notice for the I-29F and it said our case was approved and it would be sent to the NVC

Edited by Joel Schmidt

Timeline

We also received this from the NVC research yesterday: 

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center received your inquiry and the attached I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Notice. Unfortunately we do not have a record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

NVC will work with USCIS to determine the location of your petition. We will let you know when we have more information. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to ensure your case is moving forward.

And parallely, we received the message I showed first today from the USCIS today.

Yikes...looks like USCIS screwed up on their end. Hopefully they work things out. Only thing to do is to wait how they will resolve this. 

Did they give you a timeframe when you can follow-up?

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Timeline

They unfortunately didnt say anything else (other than what I shared). This is just crazy.

My fiancée will also call a Tier 2 person tomorrow they are not accepting transfers now because of the call volume.

We also contacted the congressmans office and here is their response. 
I am awaiting a response from the NVC regarding the inquiry we made.  I received this interim message:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your inquiry.  In our efforts to provide you and your constituent with the most accurate and up to date information, we are reviewing the status of this petition. We will notify you when this review is complete.
 As soon as I have any further information I will let you know.  I am hesitant to have two simultaneous inquiries with the USCIS and NVC as that may cause confusion and delay.  
After that I receive a response from the NVC, I can inquire with the USCIS if that is still needed at that time.

We had already contacted them before contacting her

Edited by Joel Schmidt

8 minutes ago, Joel Schmidt said:

They unfortunately didnt say anything else (other than what I shared).
This is just crazy

Just in case this help, i was spproved on august 21,  my i129f was stuck at nvc until october 27 when was sent to the embassy.

I know is very hard be in this situation, good luck

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Timeline

If someone already had met this situation...
This is totally stressing me and I just want everything to be fixed as soon as possible.
It's been more a month that I am waiting for a response.

Do you have any idea  or advice ? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joel Schmidt said:

This is totally stressing me and I just want everything to be fixed as soon as possible.

I don't remember the name. Somebody who was waiting for months for I-129f got a letter saying you didn't file the I-130 together. Then he called about the mistake (I think he involved a congressman) and they resolved it as it was a mistake on their end. As I'm here only for 2 months it must have been a post during these 2 months but I couldn't find the OP sorry.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joel Schmidt said:

I don't remember the name. Somebody who was waiting for months for I-129f got a letter saying you didn't fi

Timeline

Hello again, 

Sorry again to send another message. 
My fiancée called the NVC again this morning in order to have more information concerning our case. 
they replied just that they don't have our case in their system even if we received the NOA2 - approval.
We are just very concerning about the fact they have nothing in their system...
It's been since September 20 that we received our NOA2

If someone can give us some advice or anything ...
We are driving crazy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.