Mallick

Got married on First visit

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Jose Michelena said:

Coz his marriage is arranged and this is not bonafide at all.    IN MY OPINION.

So I should not be worried on my case ?? Means uscis will be fine on my case ??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Mallick said:

Hello friends I have recently got married and my wife is a us born she came to Pakistan and we got married on her first visit ? She already sent form i130 for me in September  Is there any red flag? Coz our marriage is arranged. but we both have same religion which is Islam and I belongs to Pakistan .and she is my first cousin too. We have a lot of photos with my wife and our family together to prove as a bonafide relationship. She lives in California where cousin marriage is allowed too. Please I am in stress need helpful advice coz I don’t want any delay in my case. coz I am already suffering a lot without my wife. 

I believe some states don't allow you to marry your first cousin in the US. I am not sure if this would cause an issue with your immigration paperwork though? Someone on here probably would be able to answer this question though.

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Timeline
Just now, AshMarty said:

I believe some states don't allow you to marry your first cousin in the US. I am not sure if this would cause an issue with your immigration paperwork though?

Cousin marriage is allowed in California I have already figured it out 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Mallick said:

Hello friends I have recently got married and my wife is a us born she came to Pakistan and we got married on her first visit ? She already sent form i130 for me in September  Is there any red flag? Coz our marriage is arranged. but we both have same religion which is Islam and I belongs to Pakistan .and she is my first cousin too. We have a lot of photos with my wife and our family together to prove as a bonafide relationship. She lives in California where cousin marriage is allowed too. Please I am in stress need helpful advice coz I don’t want any delay in my case. coz I am already suffering a lot without my wife. 

Got married on first visit is a red flag too?? Or it’s fine?? Coz our marriage is arranged 

Timeline
16 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Culturally this is perfectly appropriate. I know both Muslims and Orthodox Jews who have very real marriages but they were arranged ones.

Got married on first visit is fine?? Or is it a red flag?? Coz our marriage is arranged not love 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, AshMarty said:

I believe some states don't allow you to marry your first cousin in the US. I am not sure if this would cause an issue with your immigration paperwork though? Someone on here probably would be able to answer this question though.

Got married on first visit is a red flag? Coz our marriage is arranged not love 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mallick said:

I am def not an expert on arranged Marriages (my husband I and I grew up in Catholic families but neither of us consider ourselves religious these days). If that is what is culturally the normal for you and your spouses culture, I would assume it would not be an issue if you provide proof of the religious aspects and ceremony then proof of marriage. Marriage is different everywhere and if this is how people enter into marriage in your culture than I don't think it would be an issue.

I think everyone else has stated basically the same thing above.

17 hours ago, Mallick said:

Hi....with reference to the case.....we are from india and our is also an arranged marriage....we are of same religion and also from same state....my husband is an USC and we got married the first time he visited itself....we have submitted our application in March'17 its gone to Nebraska and no updates till now.... 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Mallick said:

No where in the definition of Marriage is the word love. It is a union between two people.

The overall assumption in the western culture is marriage is when two people fall in love and want to spend the rest of their life together but  in a different culture it could be arranged by the family hoping those two people will grow to love each other and build a family unit.

Edited by AshMarty

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mallick said:

Got married on first visit is fine?? Or is it a red flag?? Coz our marriage is arranged not love 

Fact is you are already married so at this point focus on what you need moving forward.  As others posted above proof of ceremony (pictures, correct documentation, etc.).  Marriage is a contract do all you are able to do to show you are both fully committed to each other, that all though this marriage did not begin in love, you both are in a true marriage relationship.  Somethings that help with that are Facetime, chat or call detail.  

Even though arranged marriages are accepted you still have to show that this relationship is true and real.   Be honest and do your best to get more visits before the interview.  Having only that one visit could make things a little more difficult.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is another thread going on about arranged marriages and how it is a long and complicated process etc etc, so does seem odd.

I am sure the local Consulate are aware of the process and will check the formalities have been adhered to.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mallick said:

So I should not be worried on my case ?? Means uscis will be fine on my case ??

I wanted to add to add as long as you have submitted all correct documentation USCIS should approve your i130 its the embassy that could possible scrutinize your case.

Just now, Boiler said:

There is another thread going on about arranged marriages and how it is a long and complicated process etc etc, so does seem odd.

I am sure the local Consulate are aware of the process and will check the formalities have been adhered to.

Yes your correct.  Typically arranged through parents or other elders my sister in law just did engagement but will not be given to her husband for two more months.  Although considering op wife is in USA I'm not sure what the embassy would expect as far as timeline since its a little more difficult to travel.  Maybe someone here who is also in this situation could be more helpful.  

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
17 hours ago, Jose Michelena said:

Coz his marriage is arranged and this is not bonafide at all.    IN MY OPINION.

You're missing the point. Immigration's take cultural an religious customs in consideration as well.

They look what is customary in that country, in this case Pakistan where arranged marriages are part of the cultural.

If he s from a religious family and they would have met online, that would have set off some red flags because the IO knows that this is not very common.

The fact that his family and her family agreed and arranged this marriage makes it's bonafide. 

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline
Just now, Beachlover said:

You're missing the point. Immigration's take cultural an religious customs in consideration as well.

They look what is customary in that country, in this case Pakistan where arranged marriages are part of the cultural.

If he s from a religious family and they would have met online, that would have set off some red flags because the IO knows that this is not very common.

The fact that his family and her family agreed and arranged this marriage makes it's bonafide. 

That’s what I think too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.