rooji

Mother-in-law is PR but want to apply for daughter back hom

83 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, rooji said:

my MIL's daughter is not in US or is able to travel to US so I am not sure what you are suggesting here. My MIL can travel back and forth with her PR.

That was assuming she gets a tourist visa...but like you said, you already applied 3 times but was denied. Nobody knows the outcome for the 4th try but if you're quite sure she will be rejected again then you can try your other plan.

Why not try working in another country? Is the daughter of legal age already? She can try working/residing in a safer country where she can live on her own.

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Just now, Boiler said:

What was plan when her mother immigrated? Not sure how visits by her Mother effect her security  positively. She is very unlikely to get a tourist visa to the US for obvious reasons, so sounds like there needs to be a Plan B.

Originally the plan was for my SIL2 to come to US to visit from time to time and when the time comes, which is when my MIL got her PR then she could apply for her daughter. the problem is that she didn't get visit visa plus MIL just got her PR but she is not in US for long enough to find a job or do anything because she has to keep going back to Pakistan. my MIL was looking for a spouse for her daughter but due to age and such, it is becoming harder. we all thought that within a year some spouse would be found but still nothing so now we are looking for alternative, which is for my MIL to go to Pakistan or apply for her daughter but the wait period seems to be 7 years and that makes it more complicated.

1 minute ago, audacieux89 said:

That was assuming she gets a tourist visa...but like you said, you already applied 3 times but was denied. Nobody knows the outcome for the 4th try but if you're quite sure she will be rejected again then you can try your other plan.

Why not try working in another country? Is the daughter of legal age already? She can try working/residing in a safer country where she can live on her own.

easy to suggest but harder to do and i know that for a fact because of the country she is hailing from.

2 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

By 7 years I expect there won't be any adult children visas .

I'm not sure what you mean

When she gets a work visa in the said "safe"  country. My definition of a safe country is a first world country or a country that is not a developing country. More industrial and something similar. If she becomes a resident of that country and holds a work visa...she will then have "strong ties" and might give her a greater chance of getting a tourist visa (she applies for the tourist visa in the US consulate in that country...not Pakistan).

This is just a suggestion aside from getting a tourist visa from Pakistan and filing a petition for her. Just to give you possible options. :)

Edited by audacieux89

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The classes of visas most likely to be eliminated soon are sibllings and adult children .  When this happens there will be no path to the US for these people.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Anyway, hope you can figure out a way for your MIL's daughter!

When she gets a work visa in the said "safe"  country. My definition of a safe country is a first world country or a country that is not a developing country. More industrial and something similar. If she becomes a resident of that country and holds a work visa...she will then have "strong ties" and might give her a greater chance of getting a tourist visa.

This is just a suggestion aside from getting a tourist visa from Pakistan and filing a petition for her. Just to give you possible options. :)

Pakistan is not a terrible country to live in if you have a supporting family and it is much more advance than most people think. it is just not safe a lone person as opposed to family. if my SIL2 had stronger and better ties with her extended family, that is if they wanted her, she would have easily lived there and this would not be an issue.

1 minute ago, NigeriaorBust said:

The classes of visas most likely to be eliminated soon are sibllings and adult children .  When this happens there will be no path to the US for these people.

I hope that is not true because that would be so stupid.

Anyway, hope you can figure out a way for your MIL's daughter!

I hope so too. now we are back to square one.

45 minutes ago, rooji said:

Okay Pakistan is not safe for someone to be left alone by themselves that too an unmarried girl. She does have other relatives but she doesn't want to live with them, not a good relationship with them.

We are hoping that by that time she is either married or something but right now the only family she has is us and we all are here in the states. after marriage we will not have to worry about her being alone. plus there is also cultural reason behind that.

Are you saying that the only reason the MIL has a green card is to sponsor the daughter one day?

i don’t really understand why leaving her 3 months is some kind of maximum time, like why the difference if she’s alone for 1 or 3 or 5 months ...ok so i don’t understand the culture. But if it is such an issue for her on her own, maybe the daughter’s safety should be worth more than the mother’s green card?

35 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

Yeah. No disrespect to the OP,  it’s a valid question about the best legal route, but this type of thread is perfect fodder for those opposing chain migration

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
41 minutes ago, CEE53147 said:

Please do not suggest marrying for a green card. This is fraud.

Actually it is not, otherwise VJ would lose half its business, well maybe more.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Really it is to MiL, which is more important, obviously we are talking about being half a world away, where does she want to live and work. I do not see how the current situation is sustainable, well unless SIL 2 gets married. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, CEE53147 said:

Please do not suggest marrying for a green card. This is fraud.

he didn't suggest marrying for green  card... He suggested if they can find a spouse for her in US.. I hope you are familiar with arranged marriage in that part of the world. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, NigeriaorBust said:

When this will happen ??  What will happen to the pending petitions 

Edited by dnp2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.