Anuradha Venky

I 539 filed; I-797 Notice Arrived, but not clear about the extension

9 posts in this topic

•  

Hi all,

My Parents have B2 status and I-94 is going to get expired on 24th November , 2017 and We have  applied for I-539 (Application to extend non-immigrant status) on October 2nd week. The application was received by USCIS on October 15th and and status says as " n October 25, 2017, we received your Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number"***********" sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case".  We received I-797 and it says its IN PROCESS. Now I my concern is that, what happens if the decision is pending and my parents I-94 gets expire? Usually what is the processing time for the this kind of B2 Visa? Has anybody encountered approval or rejection lately? Any experience is much appreciated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What was the reason for looking for an extension ? . .Are you a citizen ? 

This form can be used for change of visa status. Its a 50/50 outcome regarding extension of B2 visa 

If you get rejected the overstay starts from 11/24/17 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Anuradha Venky said:

My parents have relatives and would like to cover pretty much of West side of US. Not only that, my sister lives in Phoenix and they weren't able to visit her in past few months. So thats why extension has been applied. We hold Green card as of now.

Ok... The outcome is 50/50.. There are times they approved the extension but definitely risky. If they over stay B2 will be automatically revoked.  

Edited by dnp2014

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Anuradha Venky said:

Ok thanks. I was just looking for any experience so far...Probability of the area they applied and the service center it belongs to? 

Probability is slim unless with some real credible reasons (medical, family death etc).. 

10 hours ago, Anuradha Venky said:

Ok thanks. I was just looking for any experience so far...Probability of the area they applied and the service center it belongs to? 

It's like with an actual visa application, its not where they apply but the facts of the case.

Assuming they've already been here some months (hence why they need an extension) I'm not sure that they didn't "have time" to visit other parts of the country is a valid reason. It's, what, a 6-hour flight from east to west coast? 

14 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It's like with an actual visa application, its not where they apply but the facts of the case.

Assuming they've already been here some months (hence why they need an extension) I'm not sure that they didn't "have time" to visit other parts of the country is a valid reason. It's, what, a 6-hour flight from east to west coast? 

You don't have to be so judgmental on this post. Just because am curious , I 've posted it online to get some help on this post. There is no point in being negative about this! Whatever we expect the result, we are going to act accordingly... Thank you for making this thread wonderful.

23 minutes ago, Anuradha Venky said:

You don't have to be so judgmental on this post. Just because am curious , I 've posted it online to get some help on this post. There is no point in being negative about this! Whatever we expect the result, we are going to act accordingly... Thank you for making this thread wonderful.

You may call it “judgemental”, i call it having had plenty of experience with how visa applications are adjudged. ( I can only assume that if you think that’s judgemental, you haven’t had a lot of experience with COs and how they think/approach applications. ) And you’re welcome. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.