17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 11/11/2017 at 5:15 PM, TatiyPablo said:

Some other questions as I am filling out Form I-485.

@058rocale  @forena99 @eruiz3 if you guys went through any of these I would be so appreciative for your help, like always! :) (L)

Questions 23.c. Status on I-94

My husband's I-94 says "Class of Admission: K1", am I supposed to enter that? The form doesn't let me enter numbers or special characters only letters, so would I have to handwrite "K1"?

I think I put "Fiance Visa" or "K one Fiance"
24. What is your current immigration status? (If it has changed since arrival.)

Do we fill this out? If so, what do we enter? He came on a K1, we married, and now are doing AoS.

I left this blank because it had not changed.
Part 2. 2. Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act INA section 245i?

Assuming thats a No, for K1 Visa?

I put "No"
Part 3: 1. Have you ever applied for an immigrant visa to obtain permanent resident status at a US Embassy or Consulate Abroad?

Does our K1 visa application count? Or do I answer no?

I put "No"
Part 3: Did you write the addresses of old residences and employer in Spanish or English, how they would appear in Cuba or us?

US address in US style in English and Cuban address in Cuban style in Spanish
For residences and employment there are two sections - the first two questions ask for most recent, then the next two ask for most recent residences/employment out of US, should we just follow in chronological order? For instance, my husbands current address is in New York, US, and his previous was in Havana, Cuba. Do these need to be listed in the separate sections, or consecutively?
If it is not listed above in the first section and he lived there for more than one year, then you have to put it in the Part 3 section.  We left it blank since it was already listed above, you don't need to repeat.
Part 8:  1. Have you ever been a member of, involved in, or in any way associated with any organization, association, fund, foundation, party,  club, society, or similar group in the US or any other location in the world including any military service?

My husband spent 9 months doing the obligatory Cuban military service, in a general position. Would we have to mark YES for this question? And it has implications for the following questions:

We put No for Part 8, but put Yes for #49.  and put No for #55.   - Go figure!  I don't think I could explain to you our logic at the time.

49. Have you EVER received any type of military, paramilitary, or weapons training?

We are hesitant to answer yes because he truly did the most basic form of general military service. Thoughts?

55. Have you EVER served in, been a member of, assisted, or participated in any military unit, paramilitary unit, police unit, self defense unit...etc?

Would we answer yes to this since he was technically in the military?

Thank you for reading through this! Obsessing over the details a bit as we want everything to be correct. Any help would be so appreciated!

:) 

My answers are above in RED, I hope.

Thanks and cheers, good luck!!

Forena

Removal of Condition on Residency
09/24/20...Submitted I-751
10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed
01/13/21...Moved to local USCIS (WAC)
03/02/21...Letter of Approval (biometrics & interview waived)
03/06/21...Green Card Received

RGyvm8.png

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.