KC & SC

RFE is bank statement really needed?

60 posts in this topic

OMG! I never in my wildest thoughts imagined that to print documents was this strenuous. :huh::huh:

Even Rocket Science is not this difficult.

All I can say is that May the Peace Of the Lord be with you always!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I will get my bank's statement tomorrow. Ahhh. 46 months of statement. But luckily I shouldn't have much transaction in each month

or I hope.

I hope staff at the bank will be in good mood.

:idea: KC

4 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

Why in the world are you reluctant to print ALL BANK STATEMENTS?  Just print them all.  You are talking about what 10 or 20 bucks?  You really wanna take a chance and only submit "some" of your proof then go ahead.  Everyone here has told you over and over to print them all but you fail to heed our advice.  I am out on this thread.  You will not listen, I have no idea why?

Sounds like a fake situation to me, if u are a married couple have 1 account not seperate accounts, that could possibly be frowned upon since it is immigration. Just need to print everything requested and be done with it.

5 hours ago, KC & SC said:

I will get my bank's statement tomorrow. Ahhh. 46 months of statement. But luckily I shouldn't have much transaction in each month

or I hope.

I think you're being confused because you kind of missing the point on the quote "JOINT" and to show co-mingling of funds. These can also mean both of you helping each other paying bills, gifting presents on anniversaries etc. Anything that's related to your relationship will help.

I'm not working either which I initially was concerned and so worried about, that it will affect my ROC, will be doing my ROC real soon in Dec and my husband is also paying for all bills too. However, other than joint accounts, I will be printing out all via online banking including my personal savings which only has my name but it also shows that I have been contributing such as in circumstances like buying gifts for him, emergency use, etc.

For your information, regarding printing out bank statements with the bank, I recently closed one of my joint accounts months ago, and realized later that I made a HUGE mistake of not saving soft copies and printing them out before closing. Made a trip to the bank, had a few issues as they will charge a certain fees for requesting statements to be printed anything backtrack 12 months. Luckily I had statements before 12 months because of Adjustment of Status. As what you've mentioned 46 months? (Try to get them from your old adjustment of status files) I hope you will have your online account to track it back or you did not close the account as long as you're still a customer, they will most likely do it for free. I NEGOTIATED, YOU CAN TOO. You can also request online to send the statements to you, but there's charges.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, KC & SC said:

or I hope.

Some banks, if you are still a customer holding other accounts with them, will do it for free.  Others will charge a nominal service fee attached to your existing account (so the money doesn't physically come out of your hands if you don't have enough cash on you).

Chase bank mailed me 5 years worth of statements from an old joint account several months ago at no charge.

You should have seen the size of that pile of paper.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 hours ago, KC & SC said:

Good morning,

I am trying to gather paperworks to present to USCIS as they requested more evidence.

I know having joint account in bank can be very important proof that our marrige is in good shape.

However, if we print out statement from the time I joined my husband's account, the amount of

papers needed will be huge! I don't really want to print out everything.

Requirement for RFE is "Copies of bank statement that reflect joint/savings and /or checking

accounts to include the transaction pages for each bank statement period".

You think will it be ok not to provide banking information, but we will provide joint tax return

transcrips and copies of lease of apartments we lived in the past?

I can probably ask bank a document stating my name is on my husband's account. But

USCIS may not see as a proof.

If it helps, we originally just provided the first page of our most recent statement, and it was part of what we got an RFE for.  They want to see that the account has been in both your names and used for the duration of your marriage.  I had the same conundrum as to if I should print everything from the history or not.  In the end I just did 2 statements from each year, I think June and December and when we got to this year I think I did March and the most recently available one.  They were apparently satisfied with that as our petition to remove conditions was approved.  

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

On 11/6/2017 at 10:03 PM, Murph4865 said:

Sounds like a fake situation to me, if u are a married couple have 1 account not seperate accounts, that could possibly be frowned upon since it is immigration. Just need to print everything requested and be done with it.

many many many married people do not have joint accounts.  I wasnt married to my ex but we lived together for 8.5 years and had separate accounts.  I sent him money from mine but it was never joint.  My husband's best friends have totally separate accounts.  The wife doesnt help with bills except food.  Hubs and I have a joint checking, which we use 90% of the time but he has his own savings, and I also have a separate savings.  We also dont comingle a credit card.

So if the OP is sending money to her husbands account and he uses that to pay bills, theyre still co-mingling finances but she needs to print the statements that reflect that, if they in fact do not have a joint account they use regularily. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In addition you have a stay at home mum category - contributes by taking care of the lil ones so you won’t see much co-mingling when one isn’t employed.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Timeline
On ‎2017‎年‎11‎月‎7‎日 at 5:34 AM, Avery Cates said:

If it helps, we originally just provided the first page of our most recent statement, and it was part of what we got an RFE for.  They want to see that the account has been in both your names and used for the duration of your marriage.  I had the same conundrum as to if I should print everything from the history or not.  In the end I just did 2 statements from each year, I think June and December and when we got to this year I think I did March and the most recently available one.  They were apparently satisfied with that as our petition to remove conditions was approved.  

I went ahead and have bank printed statements from the month we got married for my husband's account/when my account was created for my account until June 2016. And printed online checking account statements from July 2016 until October 2017 at home. Online statements don't show names and saving account activities, so asked bank to print out first pages only for those months so that names of account holder and saving account activities can be confirmed. It may have been ok with not printing all for recent months, but I didn't want to take a risk. Our names weren't added to each other's account until 16 months later as we never thought about it until my in-laws told me that just incase anything happen to my husband or me, court will cease the asset. 

Timeline
On ‎2017‎年‎11‎月‎7‎日 at 1:12 AM, Roy&Chanel said:

I think you're being confused because you kind of missing the point on the quote "JOINT" and to show co-mingling of funds. These can also mean both of you helping each other paying bills, gifting presents on anniversaries etc. Anything that's related to your relationship will help.

I'm not working either which I initially was concerned and so worried about, that it will affect my ROC, will be doing my ROC real soon in Dec and my husband is also paying for all bills too. However, other than joint accounts, I will be printing out all via online banking including my personal savings which only has my name but it also shows that I have been contributing such as in circumstances like buying gifts for him, emergency use, etc.

For your information, regarding printing out bank statements with the bank, I recently closed one of my joint accounts months ago, and realized later that I made a HUGE mistake of not saving soft copies and printing them out before closing. Made a trip to the bank, had a few issues as they will charge a certain fees for requesting statements to be printed anything backtrack 12 months. Luckily I had statements before 12 months because of Adjustment of Status. As what you've mentioned 46 months? (Try to get them from your old adjustment of status files) I hope you will have your online account to track it back or you did not close the account as long as you're still a customer, they will most likely do it for free. I NEGOTIATED, YOU CAN TOO. You can also request online to send the statements to you, but there's charges.

Hope this helps.

I now see the purpose of presenting bank statements, not just names on accounts but  USCIS wants to see interactions between us. We never submited bank statements in AOS. I was able to obtain online statement going back to July 2016 until now for mine and husband's account. But rest of the statements had to be printed at the bank. They couldn't do it for free. Luckily,  first page of statatements for online banking (as online banking statements do not show names of account holder), I explained to the bank that names have to be shown on the statements and they printed for free.

Timeline

Good that you got the bank statements----don't forget to send in the original RFE letter with them too when mailing to USCIS, and get tracking on the envelope for your own peace of mind.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
1 minute ago, Going through said:

Good that you got the bank statements----don't forget to send in the original RFE letter with them too when mailing to USCIS, and get tracking on the envelope for your own peace of mind.

:DTy. Am I sending with original letter? Not the copy? On the bottom of letter, it says "Save this notice. Please enclose a copy of it if

you write to us about this case, or if you file another application based on this decision. Our address is...."

I was talking to my husband about thickness of the documents being prepared. I was telling him we are going to have to send in a box, not in the envelope. Still wating for tax transcrips to arrive and a couple more of affidavid from our family members to boost up. I got you about getting a tracking#. I am thinking about insuring the parcel too.

Timeline
9 hours ago, KC & SC said:

:DTy. Am I sending with original letter? Not the copy? On the bottom of letter, it says "Save this notice. Please enclose a copy of it if

you write to us about this case, or if you file another application based on this decision. Our address is...."

I was talking to my husband about thickness of the documents being prepared. I was telling him we are going to have to send in a box, not in the envelope. Still wating for tax transcrips to arrive and a couple more of affidavid from our family members to boost up. I got you about getting a tracking#. I am thinking about insuring the parcel too.

I always sent the original and kept a copy of it for my own records---really doesn't make a difference I suppose since the copy is going to look exactly the same as the original, and it doesn't bear anyone's signature.

21 hours ago, KC & SC said:

I now see the purpose of presenting bank statements, not just names on accounts but  USCIS wants to see interactions between us. We never submited bank statements in AOS. I was able to obtain online statement going back to July 2016 until now for mine and husband's account. But rest of the statements had to be printed at the bank. They couldn't do it for free. Luckily,  first page of statatements for online banking (as online banking statements do not show names of account holder), I explained to the bank that names have to be shown on the statements and they printed for free.

Which bank are you using? Because for Citibank, Chase bank, Bank of America, they do show names of the account holders on online banking statements, you can download the statements backtrack up to 12 months. I've just started doing my ROC and collating the bank statements, got no problem with having names on the online banking statements.

I believe you're going to the wrong options, instead of looking at the main page, there is an option tab where u can download them and view, those are full bank statements online.

Glad that you managed to print them anyway! Good luck!

You can download tax transcripts online, its free. I just got mine.

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Roy&Chanel said:

Which bank are you using? Because for Citibank, Chase bank, Bank of America, they do show names of the account holders on online banking statements, you can download the statements backtrack up to 12 months. I've just started doing my ROC and collating the bank statements, got no problem with having names on the online banking statements.

I believe you're going to the wrong options, instead of looking at the main page, there is an option tab where u can download them and view, those are full bank statements online.

Glad that you managed to print them anyway! Good luck!

You can download tax transcripts online, its free. I just got mine.

Our bank is A+ Credit Union.You are with good bank:) Computer screen shows main account holder on right hand corner, no other added names are shown. Printed version does not show name at all. For checking account activities which I was able to obtain from online banking, bank printed out first page of the statements that show names of account holder and saving account activities for each month free. Currently IRS website to obtain transcrips is under maintenance, at least since last Saturday and still down. I requested to be mailed on this past Sunday. Hopefully they will arrive by end of next week.

Good luck to you too! Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.