19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, enova78 said:

I met my fiance on Tinder. The preparer is needing proof that states Tinder is not a marriage broker. Has anyone met there fiance through Tinder and if so what proof did you have to provide and where to find it? Thank you so much in advance

Hi! 

I met my fiancé on tinder, too. All the information we supplied was on the “extra information” on how we met on form I-129f. All it was was a few lines saying “we met on tinder, carried on talking until we met in person, started a relationship” and so on and so forth. When we got the approved petition back we saw it had been annotated with “non IMBR” (non international marriage broker”. 

There were no problems in the slightest. 

In fact, when I had my interview last week the consular officer said he interviews at least one fiancé/e a day who’ve met on tinder!

Best of luck!

march_hare

Edited by march_hare

2 minutes ago, march_hare said:

Hi! 

I met my fiancé on tinder, too. All the information we supplied was on the “extra information” on how we met on form I-129f. All it was was a few lines saying “we met on tinder, carried on talking until we met in person, started a relationship” and so on and so forth. When we got the approved petition back we saw it had been annotated with “non IMBR” (non international marriage broker”. 

There were no problems in the slightest. 

In fact, when I had my interview last week the consular officer said he interviews at least one fiancé/e who’ve met on tinder!

Best of luck!

march_hare

Thank you, I am using Rapid Visa and on the application I did put that we met through Tinder and have been talking ever since and all the times we have met in person. Rapid Visa is asking for a hand written letter from Tinder. I would think that immigration knows about Tinder

7 minutes ago, enova78 said:

I met my fiance on Tinder. The preparer is needing proof that states Tinder is not a marriage broker. Has anyone met there fiance through Tinder and if so what proof did you have to provide and where to find it? Thank you so much in advance

Check out this link for Tinder Terms of Service.  https://www.gotinder.com/terms?locale=en

1 minute ago, enova78 said:

Thank you, I am using Rapid Visa and on the application I did put that we met through Tinder and have been talking ever since and all the times we have met in person. Rapid Visa is asking for a hand written letter from Tinder. I would think that immigration knows about Tinder

Tinder from what i can find is Norwegian based company

3 minutes ago, enova78 said:

Thanks but I didn't see anything stating they weren't a marriage broker. 

I went through rapid visa also, if it does not state anything that they are not a marriage broker, ( you might be good ) it should say they are a marriage broker it they actually are one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also met my husband through Tinder. Attached the typical proofs of relationship. We also managed to find the first message we exchanged after the first time we met (which was something like "it was nice to meet you today, hope we can meet again soon").

Had no problems at all, no RFE, I'm already in the US waiting for my Green Card. :)

2 hours ago, enova78 said:

We used RapidVisa too.  Make a copy of Tinder's Terms and Conditions and include that in the package.  You don't need anything hand written.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

HOw about the defintion in wikipedia?

Tinder is a location-based social search mobile app that facilitates communication between mutually interested users, allowing matched users to chat. The app is most commonly used as a dating app or hookup app,[1][2][3]but it also has services, making it a social media application too. Matching is based on Facebook and Spotifyprofiles.[4]

Print out their terms and conditions.

Also, if you can write to their customer support if they can provide you a statement that they are not a marriage broker site.

I did this with my application but I met my (now) spouse on OkCupid instead of Tinder. There was no issue when I sent those as proof.

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, enova78 said:

We also met on Tinder whilst my fiancé was in my country on military duty. 

We included an internet link to Tinder's terms of service and stated that it was not an international marriage broker.

youll have no issues. USCIS knows what tinder is.

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

10 hours ago, enova78 said:

Rapid Visa is asking for a hand written letter from Tinder. I would think that immigration knows about Tinder

Handwritten? Well, good luck. I used a printout of the email from their customer service team + a printout of their TOS. I used another service (OKC), but the idea is the same.

They probably do, but at the same time, they need evidence in their case file. They use to regularly (but not always) not send an RFE for the very well-known websites, but they seem to be stricter on this over the past year.

I wouldn't use a definition from Wikipedia for immigration purposes (especially since you could change it to whatever you want right beforehand).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Marriage brokers by definition charge a fee to arrange marriage. You should dump rapid visa if they dont have the most basic understanding of imbra... you should provide nothing because you didnt use a marriage broker. Imbra is meant to protect unwilling people from potentially being coerced into a marriage so that the broker could profit monetarly. Therefore marriage brokerers who profit by arranging marriage must show they only use honest tactics... no free online dating service in the world falls under imbra.

1 hour ago, NateAndJessica said:

you should provide nothing because you didnt use a marriage broker.

Many people have received an RFE for not providing evidence that they met without the services of an IMB.

From my RFE earlier this year:

"

Circumstances of Meeting

You indicated that you met the beneficiary through a free dating website online, www.OkCupid.com. However, you did not provide any specific details about this website. Submit information about this website and the circumstances under which you and the beneficiary met to establish the relationship.

International Marriage Broker (IMB)

The evidence submitted indicates that you may have met the beneficiary through the services of an International Marriage Broker (IMB). You stated that you met the beneficiary through a dating website. Although your answer to question 35 (this is question #55 on the newest I-129F!) on the fiancee petition indicates that you did not meet the beneficiary through through the services of an international marriage broker, you you did not establish that the website is not an international marriage broker as defined by regulations. [yada yada yada] As such, you must submit...documentations to establish that the website is not an international marriage broker."

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.