AdilRegina

Proof of Relationship- Whatsapp chats

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

my fiancé and I are still in the process of deciding if we are going to file for a K1 visa or CR1 (marriage visa) But in the interim I wanted to stay ahead the curve and keep track of my correspondence with my fiancé. We chat and call on WhatsApp. We met in August and I have kept records by copying are chats on a Microsoft Word Document. But I have noticed already we have 60 some odd pages of messages, which if I print out will be really heavy and expensive to send. Is this necessary that I keep doing this or is there a better way to document proof of our relationship? Thank you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Can you explain pls, what exactly are you copying into Microsoft Word???? Do you mean printscreen of the chats, not a text messages itself, right? :D

Remember, that the text messages/chats are considered only one type of proofs of bona fide and  i think its not necesary to share with them all as they might dig in it. dont print all. there are better proofs of bona fide: photos, travel tickets, shared phone bills, bank account (it doesnt have to be an US bank account)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

You can request that WhatsApp email you a transcript of your messages with a specific person over a limited time period... Like 6 months or something. I picked 2 days a month and included those transcripts. However, I made sure to read them all very carefully to make sure we never gave an indication of being married and other things to make them shorter and easier to read. Because they are editable, they aren't very good evidence. So be sure to focus on things that are more concrete like plane tickets, hotel receipts, credit card bills, phone bills, a few photos, etc. Think about the quality of the evidence and try to balance the desire to submit EVERYTHING with the need to make sure the important, concrete stuff actually gets noticed.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just a few chosen screenshots, spread out somewhat evenly in time, would look nice. Nobody really wants to read sixty pages of chats.

If you are conversing in language other than English, then whatever is submitted together with the petition needs to be translated, and the translation has to be certified (you can self certify).

Timeline

Thank you everyone for your imput. Yes obviously the plane tickets hotel receipts pictures of me and my fiance for three weeks together and our upcoming trip are much more substanstial than the whatsapp messages. I just wanted to know if the whatsapp message were at all important. Will take your advice and just submit some of the messages and not all. I appreciate all your help! 

best regards

regina

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think we used maybe 4 or 5 sentences of a facebook messager chat (one about him working on my house when I was at work when he was visiting and another about planning our wedding).

The rest of the evidence was hard evidence such as credit card records of both him and I at the same store at the same time with pictures of us together at the places we purchased things from (such as a Kangaroo sanctuary purchasing gifts/food at the sanctuary with picture with us with the kangaroos). Hotel receipts and dinner receipts from when we went on a trip to Martha's Vineyard together and a couple of pictures with both of our families.

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

15 hours ago, AdilRegina said:

Hello Everyone, 

my fiancé and I are still in the process of deciding if we are going to file for a K1 visa or CR1 (marriage visa) But in the interim I wanted to stay ahead the curve and keep track of my correspondence with my fiancé. We chat and call on WhatsApp. We met in August and I have kept records by copying are chats on a Microsoft Word Document. But I have noticed already we have 60 some odd pages of messages, which if I print out will be really heavy and expensive to send. Is this necessary that I keep doing this or is there a better way to document proof of our relationship? Thank you. 

Honestly, none of the hard evidence matter if you are not closer in age. In other words, if he is older than you, you are golden. If you are older than him by a lot, you will face some major challenges. There are many sad cases here of North African men who have been denied Visas based on age difference. I hope I am wrong and that you are either younger than him, or just few years older. Best of luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

not needed all pages

just a few lines from each month to show continuous communication

make sure photos include USC with moroccan family

Casa embassy doesn't like it when you get married on 1st visit

and they like several visits (plenty of face time)

proof of relationship is airline itinery to show visits. stamped page of passport to show arrival in Morocco

photos with moroccan and family

many visits

moroccan needs full informaiton about USC and family here

Moroccan needs all information about living environment here

Moroccan needs to speak understanable English / not interview in Arabic / they will say moroccan can but it is used against them for denial/ they wxpect only older parents to do this on tourist visist to see moroccan later in your marriage

getting married in morocco is the best way to go as they deny most K1 / but you need at least 3 weeks to do the process / took us 3 and 1/2 to do all documents to marry / i suggest if you fully trust the mail and morocco and him to send some ahead to have them translated to save time

send any of us on moroccan site a personal message and we will try to help with questions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I copied skype conversation between me and my husband (then fiance) from computer screen.

Can you log into account from computer too? I don't think you don't need to make copies of every single

conversations. How about like a couple pages for each month? That's what I did. Then highlight the date and yours and your fiance's name so that officers can see them.

:idea: KC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Morocco is a tough embassy.  You may want to read the subforum and get more details about embassy and interview process. I assume you met August (2017) and you are filing for a K1 visa; your chances are slim to make it after 1 visit (not impossible but very slim).  There are many guys here from Morocco and you can ask them how long it took and how many visit and how painful the process was. 

Whats app chat, email copies, etc are not a solid proof of relationship. Time spent together counts and weighs more. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

not needed all pages

just a few lines from each month to show continuous communication

make sure photos include USC with moroccan family

Casa embassy doesn't like it when you get married on 1st visit

and they like several visits (plenty of face time)

proof of relationship is airline itinery to show visits. stamped page of passport to show arrival in Morocco

photos with moroccan and family

many visits

moroccan needs full informaiton about USC and family here

Moroccan needs all information about living environment here

Moroccan needs to speak understanable English / not interview in Arabic / they will say moroccan can but it is used against them for denial/ they wxpect only older parents to do this on tourist visist to see moroccan later in your marriage

getting married in morocco is the best way to go as they deny most K1 / but you need at least 3 weeks to do the process / took us 3 and 1/2 to do all documents to marry / i suggest if you fully trust the mail and morocco and him to send some ahead to have them translated to save time

send any of us on moroccan site a personal message and we will try to help with questions

One of the couple with the best info on Morocco. Listen these guys coz they dealt with it and they are helping others here 

Timeline

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all of your help with everything. I am planning on somehow going back in a couple months. I have not filed anything as I am trying to do the best thing. For he and I. Will decide in a few months. I agree I need more visits.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.