2,950 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, belizedreams said:

We received notice of my husband’s N-400 interview today. Hopefully it will be a combo interview, unless they approve his ROC before January 3rd. 

they wont approve I751 first since both your files are at the local office now. Most officers doing N400 has no access to I751 system. What they can do is briefly interview you or your spouse and recommend approval/REF, pass I751 to someone who can made a decision. then you N400 be approved after I751 is clear. 

20 hours ago, belizedreams said:

We received notice of my husband’s N-400 interview today. Hopefully it will be a combo interview, unless they approve his ROC before January 3rd. 

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 hours ago, asdfzc said:

they wont approve I751 first since both your files are at the local office now. Most officers doing N400 has no access to I751 system. What they can do is briefly interview you or your spouse and recommend approval/REF, pass I751 to someone who can made a decision. then you N400 be approved after I751 is clear. 

This was not the case for my wife. The IO had access to the i751 system, had printed out a hard copy of her i751 application and approved the i751 on the spot during the combo interview.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

2 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

This was not the case for my wife. The IO had access to the i751 system, had printed out a hard copy of her i751 application and approved the i751 on the spot during the combo interview.

that's good, but only few of them could do that and luckily you had one. but if they verbal approved the I751, its just a matter of time to get everything done. We have been waiting so long, extra weeks/months isn't that big deal anymore since we know our journey gonna be over:)

We got to the point where I didn't hear anything about my I751 (submitted for removal back in July '17) so when the N400 opened up we applied online. Within about 3-4 months a letter came through for a N400interview this 12/03/2018. Thought wow that was quick turnaround as the status said 12-18month and hopefully they will do a combo interview. Well to mix it up a bit, just received a letter today asking for me and my wife to attend a interview for the I751 on the 18th December, then I just checked online and they have cancelled my N400 "due to unforeseen circumstances". This whole process is ####### and I'm pissed beyond belief.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is my combo interview experience at the Seattle office!  :star:

I brought my spouse, but my IO didn't bother interviewing him (who was waiting outside)!  :lol:   I guess I sent more than enough supporting documents for my I-751 application!  :whistle:

My IO asked me how we met, if my spouse has visited my hometown and met my parents, who usually cooks, who usually manages our finances, if we're thinking about adopting children, etc.!  :yes:

My IO asked me to show her our joint condo ownership certificate since I told her that we bought a condo 1.5 years ago.  :thumbs:  I also showed her our 2017 joint tax return transcript.   :joy:

For the citizenship part, I scored the first 6 questions correctly!  :joy:

- What do we call the first ten amendments of the Constitution?

- We elect a President for how many years?

- What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?

- Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?

- When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?

- Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States?

My IO asked me to read "George Washington was the first president of the United States." and write "Lincoln was president during the Civil War."

My combo interview took 30 minutes!  :yes:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 4:15 PM, TMDM said:

Hi all!

I wanted to give a proper update on my case for all who are curious. My interview was at the San Bernardino office in CA. Interview went well, Officer couldn’t approve because of pending I-751 but said he will try and get it all done and schedule me into November oath. 2 days after the interview I got a RFE for my N400 and a transfer notice for I-751. I responded to the RFE and on the same day the I-751 was approved (about 8 days after interview). N400 was approved the following day (yesterday) and my current status says “Oath ceremony will be scheduled”. For all of you who have finished the process, how long did it take for your status to change to say that the oath was scheduled and receive your ceremony date? 

Thanks so much 😊

If its ok can you share what was the RFE about?

15 hours ago, Cougarfalcon83 said:

If its ok can you share what was the RFE about?

Of course, they requested that I provide 3 years worth of documents to prove my relationship with my wife. I had provided this already but resubmitted new documents that I had. I figured it’s better to provide too much than too little 😊

On 11/16/2018 at 2:36 PM, UWOTM8 said:

We got to the point where I didn't hear anything about my I751 (submitted for removal back in July '17) so when the N400 opened up we applied online. Within about 3-4 months a letter came through for a N400interview this 12/03/2018. Thought wow that was quick turnaround as the status said 12-18month and hopefully they will do a combo interview. Well to mix it up a bit, just received a letter today asking for me and my wife to attend a interview for the I751 on the 18th December, then I just checked online and they have cancelled my N400 "due to unforeseen circumstances". This whole process is ####### and I'm pissed beyond belief.

My wife's N-400 interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances also.  She was rescheduled for an new interview within 2 days.  The new interview was

pushed back only two weeks.  Hang in there, your time will come soon.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:24 PM, Husbandandwife said:

The 18 month extention letter is not expired. The letter gave me 18 months extention from the expiration date indicated on my GC (July/2017). So its good until January/2019. I really hope i have my interview and oath before January/2019. I like your idea to go to San Pedro to talk with the supervidor. It will be good to talk to somebody who knows the imigration process. Please keep me posted when you receive your Real ID. Crossed fingers to receive any update in both process. Thank you for the advise.

Just FYI, I got my REAL ID DL in the mail yesterday. Expires 2023.

38 minutes ago, Cocoza said:

Just FYI, I got my REAL ID DL in the mail yesterday. Expires 2023.

This is amazing!!! Thank you for the update. 

I went to DMV San Pedro last week. I explained all the situation again and attached my 18 months extension letter. Then I called the legal department to let them know about the extension letter. Now I am awating for any update or card in the mail. I’m not sure if they will give me the Real ID or the regular DL. I will keep you posted. Thank you  again. :) 

37 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

I went to DMV San Pedro last week. I explained all the situation again and attached my 18 months extension letter. Then I called the legal department to let them know about the extension letter. Now I am awating for any update or card in the mail. I’m not sure if they will give me the Real ID or the regular DL. I will keep you posted. Thank you  again. :) 

Did you attach all the necessary Docs for Real ID?

41 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

Since you went last week, there should be an update by now. You can call Customer Service on Monday and all you need to confirm with Customer Service is to tell you the Expiry Date that shows on their computer. It takes less than 4-5 days for an update to show that it is processing. You can also ask if it is the REAL ID or regular

Edited by Cocoza

39 minutes ago, Cocoza said:

Did you attach all the necessary Docs for Real ID?

Well I attached all what I have. I don’t have the stamp because I am covered with the letter until the end of January and I hope this situation is all done until there. 

I will call again on Monday to see if I get any new. Whatever I get now will be great, because I am tired to be driving with a bunch of paper. Thank you for the tip. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.