2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Just passed the 6 month mark of waiting for 400, about 4 more months to go conservatively speaking 

That's a long wait, it means you been waiting for 18 months during this whole ROC and Naturalization process. Good luck and hopefully you don't have to wait too long. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

That's a long wait, it means you been waiting for 18 months during this whole ROC and Naturalization process. Good luck and hopefully you don't have to wait too long. 

Thanks, but at this point, I know my 751 won't be approved until the 400 interview and its approval. It is expected, 4 more months is not going to kill me, it will be a pleasant surprise if anthing comes before June. 

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks, but at this point, I know my 751 won't be approved until the 400 interview and its approval. It is expected, 4 more months is not going to kill me, it will be a pleasant surprise if anthing comes before June. 

Yeah Zombie you right, do you know if any VJ applicant from your local field office got their approval lately who applied in August-2017? 

Timeline
Just now, Name O Boy said:

Yeah Zombie you right, do you know if any VJ applicant from your local field office got their approval lately who applied in August-2017? 

Not one yet that I know of, I don't think I am alone.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Zombie69 said:

Not one yet that I know of, I don't think I am alone.

Okay, then it is your field office being backlogged. I know some VJ applicants reported on the threads that they got their ROC and N-400 application done within few months after filing for N-400 with a pending I-751.  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Okay, then it is your field office being backlogged. I know some VJ applicants reported on the threads that they got their ROC and N-400 application done within few months after filing for N-400 with a pending I-751.  

It depends on the field office, and the people who applied on line might get ahead by 60 percent too. I am numb from waiting this long, 4 or 5 more months is really not that far away. 

9 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

It depends on the field office, and the people who applied on line might get ahead by 60 percent too. I am numb from waiting this long, 4 or 5 more months is really not that far away. 

Humm, this is interesting to know.  Anyone have the stats on field office turn around time for the N-400 and I-751 combo?  I'd love to know who's on the ball and who's not.

Just came back from my field office and was denied a 551 stamp.  Was told I had to wait til  my extension letter expired.  Which is not what I have read on here nor what the CBP officer told me in YYZ.  Anyways I'm counting down the days til I can start this N-400 process to be free of customs and immigration b s.   

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Timeline
1 minute ago, mrs thb said:

Humm, this is interesting to know.  Anyone have the stats on field office turn around time for the N-400 and I-751 combo?  I'd love to know who's on the ball and who's not.

Just came back from my field office and was denied a 551 stamp.  Was told I had to wait til  my extension letter expired.  Which is not what I have read on here nor what the CBP officer told me in YYZ.  Anyways I'm counting down the days til I can start this N-400 process to be free of customs and immigration b s.   

You were denied? The general conclusion is they usually will give you a 551 thirty days before the letter expires, but sometimes it also doe depend on the officer too.

6 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

You were denied? The general conclusion is they usually will give you a 551 thirty days before the letter expires, but sometimes it also doe depend on the officer too.

Yip.  

She told me I need to return AFTER extension letter was expired.  Yah, obviously I wasn't impressed especially after the CBP officer was adamant on me getting the stamp.  Oh well, all I can do is wait...right?

I did tell her  I personally knew people who got it prior but she wasn't budging.  Oh well....

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Timeline
5 hours ago, mrs thb said:

Yip.  

She told me I need to return AFTER extension letter was expired.  Yah, obviously I wasn't impressed especially after the CBP officer was adamant on me getting the stamp.  Oh well, all I can do is wait...right?

I did tell her  I personally knew people who got it prior but she wasn't budging.  Oh well....

Yeah, unfortunately, you just have to do what she told you, just wait until it expires then go to the scheduled info pass appointment. 

18 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

19 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

RE:  field offices.

Is there a place to look to see stats for field office processing?  

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Timeline
Just now, mrs thb said:

RE:  field offices.

Is there a place to look to see stats for field office processing?  

I don't think so, you just have to wait for them to alert you. We can only check the processing times.

21 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

I don't think so, you just have to wait for them to alert you. We can only check the processing times.

Thanks!  I'm going to keep hunting though.

Here's the link for processing times.....

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Obviously you need to fill in the appropriate fields.  Luckily for me, my field office isn't that backlogged.  Fingers crossed it stays that way.  This has been a real drag...can't imagine what it's like for others.....

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee

POE-??

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mrs thb said:

Thanks!  I'm going to keep hunting though.

Here's the link for processing times.....

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Obviously you need to fill in the appropriate fields.  Luckily for me, my field office isn't that backlogged.  Fingers crossed it stays that way.  This has been a real drag...can't imagine what it's like for others.....

Yes, all we have to do is wait, I have about 4 more months, look forward to June. Your field office's processing time is about the same as mine. 3/5/2017. Mine is 3/15/2017, even slightly faster than yours. We will see.

Edited by Zombie69

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.