2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

751 has been pending for almost 1 year and 3 months. We applied for 400 this early August, and we filed on paper. Please join the forum if you are in the same situation. Let's support each other and exchange information and experiences. I have been in line for 400 interview since 9/28 this year. Please share. The thing to watch is whether they will approve our 751 before the 400 interview, it seems more and more unlikely it will happen, however, we are still monitoring to see if that trend will change. August 751 CSC 2016 filer here. 

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My spouse has been waiting 13 months for Removal of Conditions, filing the I-751 on Sep 28, 2016. His conditional permanent residence extension will expire in about a month and we've been trying to get an Infopass appointment for a I-551 stamp. We've tried about 100 times online, but it always says there are no appointments available. So, he's planning to file a N-400, thinking that might automatically extend his green card extension. However, our attorney says filing a N-400 does not extend your permanent residence. So now we're stuck. Even though USCIS says there are no walk-ins, we're going to try it anyway, since we can't get an appointment online. 

3 minutes ago, mindthegap said:

Fire your attorney.

If you have filed an I-751, your status is automatically extended until approval, or, in the case of denial, a final order of removal by a judge.

When the initial one year extension expires, your status does NOT expire - only the proof of it, which is the purpose of the stamp, and there is no requirement to obtain a stamp. It is sensible to, but there is no requirement to do so.

Doesn't matter if you have a 10yr card, 2yr card, I-797C extension letter, or an I-551 stamp - they are all proof of status and not the status itself.

So I guess you are an attorney and KNOW the law?

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The last two respondents will knock off the bickering, immediately and permanently.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

17 hours ago, JerrySF said:

My spouse has been waiting 13 months for Removal of Conditions, filing the I-751 on Sep 28, 2016. His conditional permanent residence extension will expire in about a month and we've been trying to get an Infopass appointment for a I-551 stamp. We've tried about 100 times online, but it always says there are no appointments available. So, he's planning to file a N-400, thinking that might automatically extend his green card extension. However, our attorney says filing a N-400 does not extend your permanent residence. So now we're stuck. Even though USCIS says there are no walk-ins, we're going to try it anyway, since we can't get an appointment online. 

Look after midnight, normally appointments update around that time or very early in the morning.  

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

21 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

751 has been pending for almost 1 year and 3 months. We applied for 400 this early August, and we filed on paper. Please join the forum if you are in the same situation. Let's support each other and exchange information and experiences. I have been in line for 400 interview since 9/28 this year. Please share. The thing to watch is whether they will approve our 751 before the 400 interview, it seems more and more unlikely it will happen, however, we are still monitoring to see if that trend will change. August 751 CSC 2016 filer here. 

This is a great idea!  Shame there isn't a forum for joint petitions of ROC combined with N400.

Timeline
1 minute ago, shell20 said:

This is a great idea!  Shame there isn't a forum for joint petitions of ROC combined with N400.

Thanks for responding. Yes I hope people who are in my situation or who are going to apply for 400 while 751 is pending can come here and be supportive of each other.

Just now, Zombie69 said:

Thanks for responding. Yes I hope people who are in my situation or who are going to apply for 400 while 751 is pending can come here and be supportive of each other.

I intend to do that in February and it will be VERY interesting to see how long the process takes on average and whether its faster online or by submitting paperwork through the mail.  Whether some field offices are slower than other's. Whether it's a combined interview or not and all the different synopsis that may happen. I think if California maintain such a slow pace this is going to be the norm for a long time to come!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I intend to do that in February and it will be VERY interesting to see how long the process takes on average and whether its faster online or by submitting paperwork through the mail.  Whether some field offices are slower than other's. Whether it's a combined interview or not and all the different synopsis that may happen. I think if California maintain such a slow pace this is going to be the norm for a long time to come!

Time will tell, this whole process is all about patience and waiting unfortunately. The delay of CSC is also having an impact of all 751 applicants because and the combo adjudication might very well become the norm from now now. Who knows?

Timeline
17 hours ago, JerrySF said:

In my experience, you can't walk in and expect to get a 551 stamp. I did also have difficulty making appointments for Los Angeles field office on line, I ended up finding a filed office that was closest to Los Angeles area and that was in Santa Ana, I locked down the appointment on line, and when I got there, it took me only 30 minutes to get a stamp there. So you can try other locations that are less crowded, but they will reject you if you just walk in an an attempt to get your 551 stamp. Good luck to you! Keep us posted.

2 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

Time will tell, this whole process is all about patience and waiting unfortunately. The delay of CSC is also having an impact of all 751 applicants because and the combo adjudication might very well become the norm from now now. Who knows?

My heart goes out to California applicants/filers.  When I first applied to Vermont it was them who were taking  over a year, they still are, but not in my wildest dreams did I think California go from being fast and efficient to this HUGE mess and it is a mess. I also can't help feeling sorry for the USCIS workers. I am sure they must get overwhelmed with the back log at times.  I wonder when someone in charge is going to make an executive decision or perhaps getting the new processing centre to take some of the workload. I think someone needs to take ownership of it all.

Timeline
1 minute ago, shell20 said:

My heart goes out to California applicants/filers.  When I first applied to Vermont it was them who were taking  over a year, they still are, but not in my wildest dreams did I think California go from being fast and efficient to this HUGE mess and it is a mess. I also can't help feeling sorry for the USCIS workers. I am sure they must get overwhelmed with the back log at times.  I wonder when someone in charge is going to make an executive decision or perhaps getting the new processing centre to take some of the workload. I think someone needs to take ownership of it all.

Agreed, this whole thing is a mess, and I guess USCIS needs reform, and we might have to wait until we have a new White House in 2020.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, shell20 said:

Dear Shell, your I-751 would be approved before you file for N-400 since you are a VSC applicant. The long waiting is for the CSC applicants but I wonder if the online N-400 application is going to be the best option for CSC applicants with a pending I-751.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.