Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/28/2019 at 11:09 AM, paki-guy said:

There is nothing wrong in the name "Khan".  Every day there are at least 130  visa issued with the name Kahn in different visa categories.  There are so many other factors involve.  Your waiting time is still Feb 2020. I'm not and export on how to get passport back from the embassy, but I think you can call or send 2nd e-mail

My name is khan and i am not terrorist..lol and i think that's why they took it serious..lol

Timeline

Hi everyone. First off, I hope all who have been waiting receive their visas soon inshaAllah.

I was wanting to know if any USC had applied for their parents IR-5, how long did it take after the interview to get the visa? My father in law has been in AP for a year now.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

For the first time in last 6 months, i-e: after submitting ds-5535 through email, we got a case update on its own. I used to inquire after every month or so and the case got updated but i stopped getting response from embassy. Now, on 5-Mar case got updated on its own. Strange thing is that we 5 family members are in AP but case of only my father has been updated, none of the others are updated. Embassy asked for ds-5535 of my father only in last September. Is this a good sign or what? 

2 hours ago, Salman94 said:

For the first time in last 6 months, i-e: after submitting ds-5535 through email, we got a case update on its own. I used to inquire after every month or so and the case got updated but i stopped getting response from embassy. Now, on 5-Mar case got updated on its own. Strange thing is that we 5 family members are in AP but case of only my father has been updated, none of the others are updated. Embassy asked for ds-5535 of my father only in last September. Is this a good sign or what? 

That's a good sign. That means they are working on your application. The reason for only your father case got an update is if i am right he is the principle applicant thats why. Moreover can you explain which embassy your family applied from? And what case do your family applied for?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chaudhary231 said:

That's a good sign. That means they are working on your application. The reason for only your father case got an update is if i am right he is the principle applicant thats why. Moreover can you explain which embassy your family applied from? And what case do your family applied for?

Yes, my father is principal applicant. F4, islamabad. Details of my case are in this forum: 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Azra zahid said:

What is A number that is found in our interview letter. This number is different for all family member. 

F3

pak-guy 

help please

and why it is shown on interview letter

thanks

That should be different always. That will be your assigned green card number if the cases get approved.

Timeline
On 3/5/2019 at 3:50 PM, sabrina2011 said:

Hi everyone. First off, I hope all who have been waiting receive their visas soon inshaAllah.

I was wanting to know if any USC had applied for their parents IR-5, how long did it take after the interview to get the visa? My father in law has been in AP for a year now.

Hi Sabrina,,, I did apply for my parents and they are still in AP since June 2017.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

Hi Sabrina,,, I did apply for my parents and they are still in AP since June 2017.

Wow, that is a long time. I hope they get their visa soon. May I ask if the  CO ask for additional documents? Or DS-5535? 

Timeline
Just now, sabrina2011 said:

Wow, that is a long time. I hope they get their visa soon. May I ask if the  CO ask for additional documents? Or DS-5535? 

Thanks and i hope too. No they didn't ask any additional documents. They asked them basic questions about me my job where i live and everything else was fine. They kept their passport and medical and have been in AP. I pray for you as well that you hear some good news soon In Sha Allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had interviewed February 20,2019 and almost 30 minutes interview ask about all my background and education and my wife how met her and when revert in ISLAM and saw wedding pics, End of interview Counselor kept my passport and marriage certificate and gave me 221g for refused for Administration process and below nothing any documents need for submit and I said also Counselor I have joint sponsor he said If we need will be ask you. Hope we will be not call you again for any verification in embassy.  Ceac.state site case show ready until now just first date was changed on Interview day and second was February 28,2019. They don't put on Administrative process on website. I don't know what meaning this. 

21 minutes ago, Azra zahid said:

Can someone tell me how many weeks embassy takes to review new joint sponsors. It’s been 2 weeks documents showing submitted but not accepted. Online submitted. May i need to submit through AEG as well. 

I think you had to submit via AEG as my sister had same case and after submitting within 15 days she got issued. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.