rainey0914

Guide: Getting a Singapore Police Clearance from the Philippines

178 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/23/2018 at 9:37 PM, ratstar77 said:

Hi, thanks for your post. I just got my COC in the mail. Your post was very helpful, though I didn’t go to Camp Crane because I was pressed for time. 

I downloaded the SG police fingerprint form (which looks very archaic), and then printed out the email from SPF, then went to the nearest police station that had a fingerprinting system. At the time I was in Manila, so this was a station in Malate. I called their landline and asked about the availability of their fingerprint service and they replied that it’s available till 7 pm. 

I went there by pedicab (it was raining), we at first went to the wrong station and were redirected. It’s close to Harrison Plaza. The police were very professional. I made my request and they did the fingerprint service free of charge. I just had to wait till they finished doing the blotter for a detainee. I tried to offer something - maybe a little cash so they can buy snacks for their trouble - and they refused, saying it’s definitely not allowed. I was happy with the service. The cops were not potbellied couch potatoes. They looked fit (like they can actually chase suspects) and very polite and professional. They all looked tired as they had to round up “tambays” the whole day and just released them. The fingerprint officer in particular looked exhausted. These guys are truly the unsung heroes. 

Then I went to LBC and had the prints couriered to SPF. They replied after a week that the COC was approved. I breathed a sigh of relief. But after 20 days - still nothing. I called SPF’s landline and our usual friendly local replied. Spoke in fast clipped tones, s/he did give me the tracking number, as I was repeating it back s/he hung up. Tracking number showed that the COC was approved on 5 July then mailed on 11 July. It arrived at the Philippine processing centre on 14 July. And we just received it today, total 10 days transit. I suggest just having a friend to pick it up from SPF. I didn’t want to inconvenience anyone but if this document holds up important processes then maybe just need to “thicken” one’s face and ask. 

Thanks for the update! Sorry I wasn’t able to reply immediately as I wasn’t online here earlier this week. 

Wow, I didn’t know Malate police could do that! Would have made everything easier for me since I was familiar with the area. I live in Las Pinas/Paranaque area and the police stations told me they didn’t do that. They even looked confused, haha.

The Singapore fingerprint form sounds new! They didn’t have that when I applied for mine.

I got my COC roughly 10-14 days after they mailed it to me (without tracking —- they used normal mail!) 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
21 hours ago, Greg N Gem said:

Hello guys! Ask q lang kung ok lang n friend q na kkuha ng PC q sa Singapore and what are the docs needed to give to my friend? Thanks!

Hi! Please read the SG Police FAQs here: http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/SPF/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx#FAQ_182218 :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 4:51 PM, rainey0914 said:

Thanks for the update! Sorry I wasn’t able to reply immediately as I wasn’t online here earlier this week. 

Wow, I didn’t know Malate police could do that! Would have made everything easier for me since I was familiar with the area. I live in Las Pinas/Paranaque area and the police stations told me they didn’t do that. They even looked confused, haha.

The Singapore fingerprint form sounds new! They didn’t have that when I applied for mine.

I got my COC roughly 10-14 days after they mailed it to me (without tracking —- they used normal mail!) 

Wow, normal mail! They’d make a heap more money if they charge for a courier service and partner with someone. I would pay for it! 

I guess in my situation it was “tsamba-tsamba”. It was also the first time that the police in Malate heard of sending finger prints to SG; good thing they were open about it and competent to do it. 

I saw the fingerprint form on the SPF police website and downloaded it, thinking it would make my request look more legitimate. 

I would have applied while I was still in SG doing work clearance, but I didn’t have the supporting document yet. I think this is a big delaying factor. Whereas in NBI one can (and I did) request for a multipurpose clearance that covers employment and travel even if one’s activities are still in the planning stage, in anticipation of future, for the SG COC one needs supporting documents. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, ratstar77 said:

Wow, normal mail! They’d make a heap more money if they charge for a courier service and partner with someone. I would pay for it! 

I guess in my situation it was “tsamba-tsamba”. It was also the first time that the police in Malate heard of sending finger prints to SG; good thing they were open about it and competent to do it. 

I saw the fingerprint form on the SPF police website and downloaded it, thinking it would make my request look more legitimate. 

I would have applied while I was still in SG doing work clearance, but I didn’t have the supporting document yet. I think this is a big delaying factor. Whereas in NBI one can (and I did) request for a multipurpose clearance that covers employment and travel even if one’s activities are still in the planning stage, in anticipation of future, for the SG COC one needs supporting documents. 

I would've definitely paid extra for the courier service, just to give myself a peace of mind while waiting for the clearance 😹

Singapore has a lot of requirements and restrictions and I agree that it's a delaying factor 😕 I'm glad that they now provide fingerprint form on their website. During my time last year, they didn't have any and I had to obtain it from Camp Crame.

Timeline
On 9/10/2018 at 7:50 AM, Greg N Gem said:

It's been 1 week now and every time I checked my COC status it always says No Record Found.. how long does it take before we know they approved our COC?

It was like that for me and then suddenly the status changed to "Mailed" or "Sent to requester" or something like that. It will come! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, ratstar77 said:

Hello! Just wanna check if this is the fingerprint form you're referring to?

https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/coc_fingerprint_form.pdf

COC_Fingerprint_Form page 1.png

COC_Fingerprint_Form page 2.png

15 hours ago, ai... said:

Hello! Just wanna check if this is the fingerprint form you're referring to?

https://www.police.gov.sg/~/media/coc_fingerprint_form.pdf

COC_Fingerprint_Form page 1.png

COC_Fingerprint_Form page 2.png

Hi ai. Not sure if my other reply was posted... yup this is the form. If you got it from the SPF website then it should be all right. All the best!!! 🙂 

On 9/18/2018 at 2:59 AM, bogsdmd said:

Hello.

just want to ask, I cannot remember the date of issue of my S-pass in SG.

please help. 

Hi bogsdmd. This is very difficult to answer. I don’t see any links on MOM website to aid one in searching for details about one’s FIN. In my case I searched old emails. Usually I have to send a copy of my FIN card by email for verification and managed to find an old PDF/image. Perhaps you can ask a friend at SG to go to MOM and inquire directly, or you can call them: 64385122. Best of luck to you! 

Timeline

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but the USCIS now has a form letter to provide to Singapore, and documents the need for the clearance. Can be found at this link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/reciprocity/Request Letter for Singapore COC.pdf

2 hours ago, Terjancebu said:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but the USCIS now has a form letter to provide to Singapore, and documents the need for the clearance. Can be found at this link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/reciprocity/Request Letter for Singapore COC.pdf

Thanks for the link! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

I happen to jump on this post and saw that we have a similar case. I was requested to obtain SG police clearance as well during my interview for my K1 visa. I do have questions:

1. Will the process be shortened if I have it be done by my friend who’s in Singapore?

2. I know for myself that I did not violate anything in SG. Is there a chance that my K1 visa be denied upon submission of COC?

3. Upon submission of COC, how long did you wait for your visa, if approved?

I know I have a lot of questions. I do hope you could accomodate me. Thank you so much!

Gretch

P.S. Can you include also the whole list of requirements to be sent to SG for the appeal. Thank you so much 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Edited by Gretchengomez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.