Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Timeline
2 hours ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Thanks!! Yeah, those three numbers are in sequence. I also have started to use the online tracker to check my cases: unfortunately, they are not in the system yet. Gotta be patient! And looking forward to moving on!!

Everyone who is still waiting, I am sure you will hear from USCIS soon!!!

Oh you can't check your receipt numbers either?? I received the texts last week and got the NOA1s in the mail today but I still can't check them on case tracker.  Was going to call tomorrow to enquirer but maybe I'll wait if it's not just me.

11 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Oh you can't check your receipt numbers either?? I received the texts last week and got the NOA1s in the mail today but I still can't check them on case tracker.  Was going to call tomorrow to enquirer but maybe I'll wait if it's not just me.

How long they took to cash your check? 

19 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

No, I cannot. But I received the email from USCIS only yesterday. In the email, it says "We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status." So I just thought I had to wait. However, you have received your mail, I am starting to wonder if anyone had a similar situation like yours...

Timeline
9 minutes ago, HisForeverWife said:

How long they took to cash your check? 

I'm not sure exactly because we sent a money order, but my packet was received Sept. 28 and I got 2 texts (not 3) late Oct. 5 (and no emails).  Today I received all 3 NOAs.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JoJoJoJo said:

No, I cannot. But I received the email from USCIS only yesterday. In the email, it says "We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status." So I just thought I had to wait. However, you have received your mail, I am starting to wonder if anyone had a similar situation like yours...

Hmmm maybe I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I'll let you know!

4 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I'm not sure exactly because we sent a money order, but my packet was received Sept. 28 and I got 2 texts (not 3) late Oct. 5 (and no emails).  Today I received all 3 NOAs.  

4 minutes ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Maybe six days... Not sure when they opened my package, but the package was delivered six days ago.

Ok. Thanks much. My package was received on Friday.

Hi guys im new here i sent my AOS packet October 6 friday thru ups at USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517 supposed to be they will recieve on monday but due to holiday.. And i track it just arrived tuesday morning signed by Chyba i just confusing about the address  all my friend send to other address you think it same process? 

6 minutes ago, Angela Eckert said:

Hi guys im new here i sent my AOS packet October 6 friday thru ups at USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517 supposed to be they will recieve on monday but due to holiday.. And i track it just arrived tuesday morning signed by Chyba i just confusing about the address  all my friend send to other address you think it same process? 

I think that address is for when you're using UPS or FedEx or DHL, so you should be fine. Maybe they used USPS

Edited by HisForeverWife

Timeline
9 hours ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Just wanted to let you know that I checked my numbers and they work now (I didn't have to call).  So for anyone else who tries to check their numbers and they aren't found yet, just give it a few more days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey guys just to let you know , I received my NOA1 emails and texts at 12:35am this morning and my personal check has also been cashed! They received everything on October 1st 😗

:wub: Immigration & Expat Blog Links :wub:

My Full K1 Fiance Visa Journey

January 2017 Filer

K1 Approved on the 30th of June 2017 (6.5 months in total, no RFEs).

AOS Journey 

October 2017 filer

EAD/AP Approved December 2017 (75 days, no RFEs)

AOS Approved 8/15 (no RFEs) 

Living in the US

Info on getting set up

wedding planning

homesickness & everyday life

11 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Hmmm maybe I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. I'll let you know!

hey @eastcoastgroove - nice to see you in here. i remember you from the Feb i-129F group. =)

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.