DIVITA

Need help-k1

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi guys Im getting ready to send my package, but like many of others i want to be sure I send everything needed . can I get info of main docs i have to send. also I dont have wedding invitations will i need them? i just have so many questions if anyone can help me or give me as much info as possible its appreciated. Also if someone has got approve can you let me know the process time and how all went. Thanks!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You definitely do not need wedding invitations. You have no idea how long or short the process will take so how would you know what date to put on the invitations? DO NOT book or pay deposits on ANYTHING until you have your visa in hand. There are many many articles on here of people who even after perhaps getting an interview date, booked a location, etc and were not able to get their visa in their estimated time. 

Just follow the guides and make sure everything is checked off. 

The VisaJourney guide is very useful and should cover your questions and requirement queries :)

K1 Guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As was said above, follow the VJ guides. The instruction sheets that the govt provides for the forms are super helpful too. And, when in doubt, include the extra evidence.

Timeline

Thanks guys, when I send pictures can they be printed out in paper black and white? Do I have to write and explain dates and place? Also my fiancée and I visited Nicaragua I made copies of passport pages from his and mine same question its black and white do I write explaining what im sending?

I really don't think they'll care whether you print in color or not.

We sent in two photos of us together, with a post-it note attached saying date and time and location.

We also sent copies of passport stamps with post-it notes attached explaining what they were.

Honestly, don't worry too much - if they feel like something is missing they'll send you a Request for Evidence which REALLY isn't the end of the world like some people make it out to be.

Best of luck.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, BenjaminKeating said:

I really don't think they'll care whether you print in color or not.

We sent in two photos of us together, with a post-it note attached saying date and time and location.

We also sent copies of passport stamps with post-it notes attached explaining what they were.

Honestly, don't worry too much - if they feel like something is missing they'll send you a Request for Evidence which REALLY isn't the end of the world like some people make it out to be.

Best of luck.

Thanks so much!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.