59 posts in this topic

@Koki Ali: Your only hope of staying in the US and not living in the shadows lies with immigration court. You may have a slim chance at a successful 601 waiver application but you will have to be placed in deportation proceedings first. 

Read: Extreme Hardship and the 601 Waiver: Can I Avoid Deportation? I really need to stress that your chances here are very slim at best. Some people purposely get themselves in immigration court to take a shot at this but I would advise that you wait to see what if anything will be done about your situation and use that defense. 

You mentioned your debt. That's a level 4 qualifier for a 601 waiver.

"Level 4: Relative would not be able to pay debts by moving abroad..."

Good Luck!

Oh...I should have mentioned that most of the comments/replies here are pretty much on point. 

Also, constructive criticism or more acurate info/corrections in relation to this reply is welcomed.

Edited by Private One

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Filed: Country:
Timeline

forgetting the use of a fake passport.

did you get a waver for unlawful presence since you would of had a 10 year bar that would have lasted till 2013 and you hot your greencard in 2007. since even though they let you get a greencard you still entered with a 10 year bar that was not finished, even if they did not catch it then you still entered while having a ban and they can use it against you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Koki Ali said:

I applied in 2010 for I-485. The IO at my I-485 Interview was in great hurry I was the last one for the interview around 4:00pm my interview took about 15-18 minutes he particularly asked me for my arrests I gave him my disposition where it clearly said why he took my dispositions from me and hardly even looked at them. And after 7 years now they’re telling me that I did not demonstrate my lawful presence of 3/5 years which is one of the requirements to become citizen.

I swear I had no intentions to hide anything I provided my dispositions and told the truth on my N-400.

Im just burnt up.

It sounds like you chose to come here illegally, live here illegally which include working here illegally. You chose to declare that you are a citizen of country you don't even have a relationship to. 

If I was an immigration judge I would've denied your case in a hear bit. Just because now you have your sense and you married a citizen and you have a US citizen kid doesn't mean that you are guaranteed to stay here. 

People like you make it hard for the genuine immigrants. So hard that people get upset they have to stay away from their family in some cases for 20 years. 

My advice: Don't file nothing, not even an appeal. You poked the bear right now and you better hope he is not smelling honey on you and try to get you. 

When it comes to renewing your green card get ready for process that you will be grilled for awhile to renew your green card. Thats if USCIS did not determine to take further processing right now to revoke your green card for dishonesty and lying to an officer to get an immigration benefit. 

By the way, I would start working right now on getting ready for evidence and reasons you shouldn't be deported in case that comes up in the future. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Koki Ali said:

99 entered with fake passport in Florida
Stayed till 2003 then left to Canada using my real name
Stayed Canada till 2007. Came back in 2007 with real name got admitted at Seattle held in detention bonded out applied I-589 failed to mention the fake document entry lawyer prepared didn't even ask.
Got married in 2008 petition approved didn't mention again previous Florida entry lawyer filled the application didn't ask me about that entry. 2012 got Green Card.
2017 applied for N-400 told all the truth starting from the illegal fake document entry till now because this time I filled the N-400 form.
Got denied that I did not file for I-601 when it was available to me around Green Card application time. Unlawful presence more than a year and misrepresentation are the allegations.
Most lawyers told me to burry this matter keep living as a resident. Lay low all my life, and don't travel might be a flag on my GC/ file.
I have citizen wife two citizen kids financial debt of $300k been paying taxes since.
I feel like I'm contained like a virus.
Any advise from the experience person in such matter will be appreciated.
Thanks

Why would an attorney ask about misrepresentation that he/she wasn't aware of?  It was your responsibility to tell the truth on the forms and the fact that you lied is on you, not on any attorney. 

2 hours ago, Going through said:

On the denial letter, does is state any sort of numbers, or Immigration law act?

Refer to INA 212

Edited by Koki Ali

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Koki Ali said:

Refer to INA 212

Any subsection of 212, like 212 (a) for example?

If not, it just lists the many ways an alien can be deemed inadmissible.

INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION; WAIVERS OF INADMISSIBILITY

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

6 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

Any subsection of 212, like 212 (a) for example?

If not, it just lists the many ways an alien can be deemed inadmissible.

INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION; WAIVERS OF INADMISSIBILITY

C and B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You got the 212 b and c because you entered the USA on a fake passport, overstayed on that, then left again triggering a ban for 10 years. You somehow managed to get a greencard when you NEVER should have gotten one. The oversight, be it on USCIS or you not telling the truth, has been caught at the last checkpoint. 

Your card would either be revoked, or you won't be able to renew it again. Because USCIS now knows you never should have gotten it in the first place. 

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

6 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

You got the 212 b and c because you entered the USA on a fake passport, overstayed on that, then left again triggering a ban for 10 years. You somehow managed to get a greencard when you NEVER should have gotten one. The oversight, be it on USCIS or you not telling the truth, has been caught at the last checkpoint. 

Your card would either be revoked, or you won't be able to renew it again. Because USCIS now knows you never should have gotten it in the first place. 

That's right. Doesn't matter who is responsible for the oversight. You could have been as honest and forthcoming as possible and it would not have made a difference. 

@Koki Ali: A lot of what's being said here isn't what you want to hear but it's the truth. You're pretty much out of options. Your best hope right now is another oversight. A situation where they do not take steps to revoke your Green Card and keep issuing renewals unaware of your ineligibility because somebody screwed up the paperwork again. Your other option would be what I mentioned before. A 601 waiver based on the grounds that your deportation will create severe economic hardship for a US citizen (wife and kid). Using the forth recognized level as a qualifier for those grounds is weak but hey...a slim chance is better than nothing.

Be on the lookout for notices and hope that you do not get the dreaded Notice to Appear. If you do, don't ignore it...doing nothing makes deportation easier. It will speed up a process that could take years. 

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

As most have said, removal proceedings to deport you can take years.

I would use that time to hire a very good Immigration Attorney to try and get your case straightened up to give you the best shot if and when you get put in front of an immigration judge.

Regardless of whether USCIS messed up or not by giving you a Green Card is irrelevant; they have the right to revoke at any point without reason. However, with you they have many reasons. Illegally entering the US, illegally overstaying, illegally gaining immigration benefits (permanent residency via your Green Card).

I hope you have deep pockets as a good Immigration Attorney is going to charge you a lot of money for this...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

come on guys/gals all of y'all keep telling him about getting deported an all that #######, number one if he was going to get deported they would a take away is green card right there after his citizen interview, look you made a big mistake in the past and you still ending up getting your green card, you try to be honest in hope it will get you citizenship but it didn't, so please stop letting ppl on here scared u anymore than u already is scared just do what your lawyer said and just don't follow up with the citizenship an just whenever time for your green card to renew just renew it, as long as you still have you green card in hand you still have legal status until they request you to return it.

20 minutes ago, GC2010 said:

come on guys/gals all of y'all keep telling him about getting deported an all that #######, number one if he was going to get deported they would a take away is green card right there after his citizen interview, look you made a big mistake in the past and you still ending up getting your green card, you try to be honest in hope it will get you citizenship but it didn't, so please stop letting ppl on here scared u anymore than u already is scared just do what your lawyer said and just don't follow up with the citizenship an just whenever time for your green card to renew just renew it, as long as you still have you green card in hand you still have legal status until they request you to return it.

No... They wouldn't....

You have to go through a judicial process regardless of who you are and what you have done so please don't give out false information as it is misleading for others.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.