59 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Koki Ali said:

Sir my Petition was truthful. My I-485 Application back in 2009/2010 i

looked at it had no question where it ask if I’ve ever used a different name or anything plus at my I-485 I informed the IO regarding my fake European passport.

them again on the N-400 I told them the truth because it was I who filled this application.

the link to that I-485 Form is here

national-resource-links?reaction=downloa

Okay...so what are the misrepresentations they are claiming?

The I-485 back then required a G-325A, which requested all names you have ever used. I don't know the exact date you filed, but the G-325A has been required since before 2009 until only this year (where they integrated it into the I-485).

https://web.archive.org/web/20100225080011/http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

https://web.archive.org/web/20091229114147/http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

32 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Okay...so what are the misrepresentations they are claiming?

The I-485 back then required a G-325A, which requested all names you have ever used. I don't know the exact date you filed, but the G-325A has been required since before 2009 until only this year (where they integrated it into the I-485).

https://web.archive.org/web/20100225080011/http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

https://web.archive.org/web/20091229114147/http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

I applied in 2010 for I-485. The IO at my I-485 Interview was in great hurry I was the last one for the interview around 4:00pm my interview took about 15-18 minutes he particularly asked me for my arrests I gave him my disposition where it clearly said why he took my dispositions from me and hardly even looked at them. And after 7 years now they’re telling me that I did not demonstrate my lawful presence of 3/5 years which is one of the requirements to become citizen.

I swear I had no intentions to hide anything I provided my dispositions and told the truth on my N-400.

Im just burnt up.

Edited by Koki Ali

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Koki Ali said:

Sir my Petition was truthful. My I-485 Application back in 2009/2010 i

looked at it had no question where it ask if I’ve ever used a different name or anything plus at my I-485 I informed the IO regarding my fake European passport.

them again on the N-400 I told them the truth because it was I who filled this application.

the link to that I-485 Form is here

national-resource-links?reaction=downloa

There is no question about previous names used on the 12/31/2010 version of the  i-485 application, but there are questions about unlawful entry/entering without inspection/previous removal proceedings from the US (assuming you answered "yes" to any of these questions, as you should have, you were required to include a full written explanation of the circumstances with your application).  

The G-325A form, which was included in petitions back in 2009/2010 specifically asks about previous names used (legally or illegally).

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
8 hours ago, Koki Ali said:

I spoke to two top Immigration lawyers known for their work from long time. After they read the decision, they advised me not to pursue with that matter for now because on the decision they only denying to grant me for citizenship. And one of the lawyer even said guaranteed I’ll be able to renew my GC with no issues. By the way the IO at my 485 had all the dispositions of those allegations because I actually got arrested in 2010 for using that passport by mutual agent working with DMV/ DHS/ Citizenship. 

I got GC by marrying to US citizen.

Lawyers like to guarantee lots of things.  Unfortunately there is no guarantee of receiving immigration benefits since those two top immigration lawyers you spoke to, don't work for USCIS.

Normally, yes, when one is denied citizenship they have no problem renewing their green card and continuing on their merry way as an Legal Permanent Resident.  

When your basis for becoming an LPR may have been approved mistakenly, however, that road is a bit trickier.

That's not to say there is no path for you to continue to live/work legally in the US.  If/when USCIS places you in removal proceedings ---- by the way, when you got your denial letter, did it mention anything about removal?---you will have an opportunity to present your case to an Immigration Judge, and your wife will have an opportunity to present her case of extreme hardship she would personally face if you were deported (they don't care about any hardships you would face, only those from the US citizen).

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

your aplicaation for the green card was not truthful

the lawyer's name is also on this / they don't say to lie or hide it as it is their reputation and livelyhood license to practice in stake

you bear the responsibilities here and you will suffer the consciences

denial of renewl of green card will probably be next

so sorry for your family 

i hope you told all this to your wife before marriage so she understood this could happen

so, she is prepared

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It appears the issues lies in the fact that your GC should not have been approved based on the things you came clean about. That is like pulling the keystone out of something, the rest come stumbling down. You made a choice to enter on a fake passport and all the other bells and whistles. 

The N400 is one final time they can sit and review your entire case file from A to Z, for errors, mistakes, etc. You got arrested by someone with DHS using that same passport, you gave all those docs to an IO at your AOS interview. Well, perhaps now they are going to connect the dots of everything you told them back then.

You really have done this to yourself. Never, ever lie to USCIS. It is always better to tell the truth from day 1 even if it is a messy truth.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

I am not sure how it works , but I know that in NJ , Delaware, PA I think is a Law, it calls Garcia ruling , or something like that.

It basically says that after 5 years since green card was granted it can not be taking away even for misrep and fraud .

Not sure, but maybe you should look in to this.Maybe it's time to move to NJ. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lillyrose said:

I am not sure how it works , but I know that in NJ , Delaware, PA I think is a Law, it calls Garcia ruling , or something like that.

It basically says that after 5 years since green card was granted it can not be taking away even for misrep and fraud .

Immigration is a federal thing, there is no difference in the law in any regional area nor can a state make laws that  supersede it.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I don't think you are seeing the big elephant in the room, not only you use a fake passport to enter but you stayed illegally here for 4 years until you move to Canada. The only reason why you were allowed to get the GC besides the obvious reason of your marriage is that they didn't know back then about your previous US stay. So you literally have an automatic ban since the moment they find out what you did. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to revoked your gc.

As everybody states, this definitely not DIY case, hired a good lawyer but I see it as a very very complicated case

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Lillyrose said:

The government is not bound by the action set out by the Court for the 3rd Circuit (and it covers only New Jersey).   

In any case, even if that DID work, the OP moving all of a sudden to NJ would surely be seen as his attempt to circumvent immigration law... again.
Edited by Going through

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have seen similar cases, going for Naturalisation in such circumstances was stupid.

I assume they are likely to do nothing, you never of course know. Assuming that OP did end up in front of an IJ presumably an application to adjust would be filed this time with an in country waiver which would could be successful. Now of course of he gets into more trouble all bets are off. Or is laws change.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 hours ago, Going through said:

Lawyers like to guarantee lots of things.  Unfortunately there is no guarantee of receiving immigration benefits since those two top immigration lawyers you spoke to, don't work for USCIS.

Normally, yes, when one is denied citizenship they have no problem renewing their green card and continuing on their merry way as an Legal Permanent Resident.  

When your basis for becoming an LPR may have been approved mistakenly, however, that road is a bit trickier.

That's not to say there is no path for you to continue to live/work legally in the US.  If/when USCIS places you in removal proceedings ---- by the way, when you got your denial letter, did it mention anything about removal?---you will have an opportunity to present your case to an Immigration Judge, and your wife will have an opportunity to present her case of extreme hardship she would personally face if you were deported (they don't care about any hardships you would face, only those from the US citizen).

No mention of removal. They said because I didn’t demonstrate my lawful presence for 3/5 years which is one of the requirement to be legible for Naturalization.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Koki Ali said:

No mention of removal. They said because I didn’t demonstrate my lawful presence for 3/5 years which is one of the requirement to be legible for Naturalization.

On the denial letter, does is state any sort of numbers, or Immigration law act?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Koki Ali said:

That is all they needed to do, the rest is another issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.