Jump to content

Traveling with AP and F1 status

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!


I'm a current F1 student that will be initiating his application for adjustment of status soon, under the CAA. Since I will probably need to travel out of the US while my application is being processed, I plan to apply for an Advance Parole together with the filing of I-485. However, I have a question:


Once I travel outside the country and re-enter using the Advance Parole will I still keep my F1 status? Or will I still be able to study? My trip would happen in the middle of the semester and I would still need to attend my classes and graduate...


I hope you all can help me clarify this. Finishing school is really my priority and I wouldn't Luke to jeopardize that. 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.