Jump to content

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, my finace and I have mailed our I-129F packet to the USCIS, we made a very organized and neat package but we forgot to check the ethnicity question where it asks if she is “Hispanic or Latino” or “Not Hispanic or Latino”. 

The packet was recieved by the USCIS yesterday, we still didn’t get a NOA1.

Should we mail them the corrected page of the I-129F and ask for it to be attached or should we wait for an RFE

And HOW LONG does it take to receive an RFE after the NOA1? 

And is that question important enough to get an RFE if everything else about her origins is filled in correctly? 

Detailed answers appreciated, thanks. 

0EEAC00F-0EB5-40E3-BAC4-4DAA498E34F9.jpeg

Edited by Saif Abu-Shakra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would NOT recommend submitting another form. They get thousands every day and it would be difficult to cross reference another piece of paper with something previously received. 

 

NOA1 usually takes 5-7 days to receive. 

 

I don't know if that's significant enough to receive RFE.  You did mark white underneath so that should help.  I'd think if you were, it would be quick because it's a missed box, not something that takes more time to investigate like lack of a bonfide relationship.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

I would NOT recommend submitting another form. They get thousands every day and it would be difficult to cross reference another piece of paper with something previously received. 

 

NOA1 usually takes 5-7 days to receive. 

 

I don't know if that's significant enough to receive RFE.  You did mark white underneath so that should help.  I'd think if you were, it would be quick because it's a missed box, not something that takes more time to investigate like lack of a bonfide relationship.  

 

Fingers crossed we don't get an RFE, we have our whole plans on hold for me to get there. Even 2 weeks will make a difference.
Thank you for your input, hopefully the information about her parents' origins and the fact she is white is enough to neglect that part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Saif Abu-Shakra said:

Fingers crossed we don't get an RFE, we have our whole plans on hold for me to get there. Even 2 weeks will make a difference.
Thank you for your input, hopefully the information about her parents' origins and the fact she is white is enough to neglect that part. 

DO NOT make any hard plans until you have your visa in hand. Many people on here make a huge mistake of thinking something like - if we make plans for 6 months or 8 months from now, it will be OK - but you never know - people end up having long AP or longer than expected background checks and things don't work out and a lot of money is lost. DO NOT make plans until your visa is in your hands or you could severely regret it. There are many many posts on here about people having done that and now they have to cancel them and are concerned because they can't get money back for places, etc. 

 

Do you and your fiance have any "red flags" so to speak? Or have you met several times, same age, same background, same religion, etc. I do not know too much about the Jordanian embassy - my sister-in-law married a man from Jordan but he was already in the US when they met so it was not an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

DO NOT make any hard plans until you have your visa in hand. Many people on here make a huge mistake of thinking something like - if we make plans for 6 months or 8 months from now, it will be OK - but you never know - people end up having long AP or longer than expected background checks and things don't work out and a lot of money is lost. DO NOT make plans until your visa is in your hands or you could severely regret it. There are many many posts on here about people having done that and now they have to cancel them and are concerned because they can't get money back for places, etc. 

 

Do you and your fiance have any "red flags" so to speak? Or have you met several times, same age, same background, same religion, etc. I do not know too much about the Jordanian embassy - my sister-in-law married a man from Jordan but he was already in the US when they met so it was not an issue. 

We did not make plans that involve payments, it's more like life plans sorta speaking, uhmm, we've known each other for 7 years when she lived in Jordan but we got engaged in a short amount of time after we got together when she came to visit Jordan, I asked a lawyer about it and she said "people meet and fall in love all the time, don't worry about it".
We included pictures of our engagement and photos of me and her family, and screenshots of Facetime of me and her parents, also comments from our parents on our announcement of our engagement on Facebook and pictures we took together while she was here, she stayed here for a month and a half.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Saif Abu-Shakra said:

Hello, my finace and I have mailed our I-129F packet to the USCIS, we made a very organized and neat package but we forgot to check the ethnicity question where it asks if she is “Hispanic or Latino” or “Not Hispanic or Latino”. 

The packet was recieved by the USCIS yesterday, we still didn’t get a NOA1.

Should we mail them the corrected page of the I-129F and ask for it to be attached or should we wait for an RFE

And HOW LONG does it take to receive an RFE after the NOA1? 

And is that question important enough to get an RFE if everything else about her origins is filled in correctly? 

Detailed answers appreciated, thanks. 

0EEAC00F-0EB5-40E3-BAC4-4DAA498E34F9.jpeg

NOA 1 in 7-10 days

RFE for not marking that box probably 99% no RFE. Now if you left other stuff off then they might send you one.

I would not worry and don't sent anything unless they ask for it.

 


 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2017 at 8:48 PM, EandH0904 said:

I would NOT recommend submitting another form. They get thousands every day and it would be difficult to cross reference another piece of paper with something previously received. 

 

NOA1 usually takes 5-7 days to receive. 

 

I don't know if that's significant enough to receive RFE.  You did mark white underneath so that should help.  I'd think if you were, it would be quick because it's a missed box, not something that takes more time to investigate like lack of a bonfide relationship.  

 

I stumbled upon a page on the USCIS website after creating a profile on it,  it allows me to correct typographic errors.
Can I use the link provided below to correct the "Hispanic or Latino" check box?
Is this tool made for such a thing?
Here is the link https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saif Abu-Shakra said:

I stumbled upon a page on the USCIS website after creating a profile on it,  it allows me to correct typographic errors.
Can I use the link provided below to correct the "Hispanic or Latino" check box?
Is this tool made for such a thing?
Here is the link https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do

I've never seen that link off hand before but I clicked on it and it reads: Did you receive a notice, document or card from USCIS and it contains a typographic error? We can assist you in correcting the error.

As you haven't received a notice from USCIS that had a typographical error on it (your name misspelled, birthdate wrong) or something like that, I would not think that this applies to you. However you are welcome to try it if you want - it's completely your call of course. 

(It also asks for a receipt number which I am guessing you don't have since you don't have any notices from them)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

I've never seen that link off hand before but I clicked on it and it reads: Did you receive a notice, document or card from USCIS and it contains a typographic error? We can assist you in correcting the error.

As you haven't received a notice from USCIS that had a typographical error on it (your name misspelled, birthdate wrong) or something like that, I would not think that this applies to you. However you are welcome to try it if you want - it's completely your call of course. 

(It also asks for a receipt number which I am guessing you don't have since you don't have any notices from them)

I did get my NOA1 2 days ago, I do have a receipt number. 
Yes I thought about that (Did you receive a notice, document or card from USCIS and it contains a typographic error? We can assist you in correcting the error.)  so I don't really know.
I did some research online and found no mentioning of this page, it must be a new added feature or something. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×