Luyen

Beneficiary passport expiring

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, You&me15 said:

She can expedite her passport but needs to pay 3x the actual price (under the table) ask the people in dfa they will tell her how. Sad to say we filipinos are victims of this scam and the people behind this are the same people we vote. 

"under the table" payment isn't necessary at DFA to get your passport quickly, since they upgraded their computer system things more much faster now.  If paying the Expedited processing fee P1250, a person can have their passport in about a week, or less.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Luyen said:

Pardon my ignorance folks but what is a "DFA"? Department of Foreign Affairs? :o 

You are correct sir.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Luyen said:

Well folks, I tried to look for any open slot, but absolutely nobody has an open slot

https://www.passport.gov.ph/sites/site

Any advice? :( She lives in Cebu, but if needed we could go to Manila, but as it seems, they don't have an open time slot either.

Is she pregnant, handicapped, over 60 or has an infant?   Those are the only people that don't need an appt.  ;)    

Doubt you have one of these ;)  :lol: 

Aladdin-And-Magic-Lamp-450x400.jpg

Your fiancee will need a passport with validity for 6 months, no IFs ANDs or BUTs ...   

Best grab the earlier appointment at DFA you can find, then go from there.   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

If that's the case, is it possible to adjust the interview date so that it will happen after we renew the passport?  It is my understanding that the interview date, the medical exam, etc, will be set in stone and there isn't much I can do about it.  That's why I fear we may end up with 

a) expired passport during the medical / interview

b) still valid passport during interview, get the K-1 issued, 6 month timer will start, and we won't have a renewal before then, and then K-1 expires before we even get the passport

The above is what I fear and I am trying to gain a better understanding as to what can be done to avoid both a) and b).  Any thoughts?  Also yet again, thank you everyone for all your assistance.  We are still panicking but doing what we can.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luyen said:

If that's the case, is it possible to adjust the interview date so that it will happen after we renew the passport?  It is my understanding that the interview date, the medical exam, etc, will be set in stone and there isn't much I can do about it.  That's why I fear we may end up with 

a) expired passport during the medical / interview

b) still valid passport during interview, get the K-1 issued, 6 month timer will start, and we won't have a renewal before then, and then K-1 expires before we even get the passport

The above is what I fear and I am trying to gain a better understanding as to what can be done to avoid both a) and b).  Any thoughts?  Also yet again, thank you everyone for all your assistance.  We are still panicking but doing what we can.

You are K-1.  You set your own interview date, you complete the medical on your schedule.   You have up to a year to complete the interview, the embassy automatically extends the petition validity.

Best way to go is to not complete the interview until you have the new passport in hand, same in regards to the medical.  

Once you have been to DFA you will have a very good handle on when the passport will be released, you can schedule things accordingly then.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/22/2017 at 0:37 PM, cyberfx1024 said:

When are you guys planning on moving to the USA? If it is within the next couple months then just do ROM and Passport Renewal here in the USA. What is the problem with that?

LIke hank pointed out so eloquently, the problem is the passport needs at least 6 months validity.  I want to reiterate this point because you may not even be allowed to board an international flight if your passport is going to expire in less than 6 months.  

On 9/22/2017 at 7:48 PM, Hank_ said:

Isn't that the truth about going fast or slow, I think that one couple is going for a record of under a month.  Only one other completed things that quickly and they did it when SLEC still sent the med file to USEM.  :lol: 

Is this one month from NOA2, or 1 month from getting the MNL# issued?  And is this one month to get approved or POE?  

Edited by Zzyzx

AOS

01-10-2018 -  AOS packet sent (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-12-2018 - NOA1 receipt date (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-16-2018 - 3 Texts/Emails Received (AOS)

01-27-2018 - NOA1 & Biometrics Appt letters received

02-09-2018 - Bio-metrics Appointment

05-25-2018 - I-797 for I-131/I-765 EAD and AP Approved

06-02-2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received by Mail 

2 hours ago, Zzyzx said:

LIke hank pointed out so eloquently, the problem is the passport needs at least 6 months validity.  I want to reiterate this point because you may not even be allowed to board an international flight if your passport is going to expire in less than 6 months.  

Is this one month from NOA2, or 1 month from getting the MNL# issued?  And is this one month to get approved or POE?  

1 month from MNL#. To get to the interview. They do not have their visa yet.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
4 hours ago, Zzyzx said:

One month from receiving your MNL # to completing the interview .. they moved very quickly... ;)   Visa delivery varies, but normally 5-10 days after ISSUED status on the CEAC website.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/24/2017 at 4:44 PM, Hank_ said:

One month from receiving your MNL # to completing the interview .. they moved very quickly... ;)   Visa delivery varies, but normally 5-10 days after ISSUED status on the CEAC website.

We are in that boat too.  We received our MNL# on 9-11-17.  Interview scheduled for Friday 10-06-17.  Will do medical next Monday 10-2, so crossing our fingers it goes well.       

AOS

01-10-2018 -  AOS packet sent (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-12-2018 - NOA1 receipt date (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-16-2018 - 3 Texts/Emails Received (AOS)

01-27-2018 - NOA1 & Biometrics Appt letters received

05-25-2018 - I-797 for I-131/I-765 EAD and AP Approved

06-02-2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received by Mail 

Timeline

So we have Ruby and Zz  racing for the finish line.  ;)  :thumbs:  

Imagine if they sat around waiting for "the letter" ...  :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

So we have Ruby and Zz  racing for the finish line.  ;)  :thumbs:  

Imagine if they sat around waiting for "the letter" ...  :lol:  

Yeah I know right, I am glad they listened to our advice. BTW I got your email I will reply to it in a bit. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.