ThisguyJerry

Getting frustrated

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SteveE said:

USCIS work in mystery ways and I'm sure there are many factors that affect processing of cases.

That being said we filed for marriage based AOS and had a PD of 1/17.

On day 83 for me I called an inquired about my EAD and just got an update online saying my inquiry was assigned to an officer‚ reviewed and closed and that was all I ever got regarding the inquiry.

On 5/3 (day 106 for me) I called again and spoke to a tier 2 rep who told me that my case was within the normal processing time based on the dates published by the NBC and that as of January this year there was no longer a 90 day processing timeframe for EAD. I was told all I could do was wait and would probably hear by the end of the month. Lo and behold on the very same day‚ several hours later I received email and text alerts saying my I-765 was approved and the card was ordered.

Then‚ the very next day (5/4) I received email and text alerts telling me that my interview was scheduled for 6/7.

That's strange! So did you have to do the interview and didn't actually get the card until afterwards?

1 minute ago, snowcat said:

That's strange! So did you have to do the interview and didn't actually get the card until afterwards?

I received the EAD (received it on 5/11) before the interview (interview date 6/7).

I thought our case was going somewhat slow at the time‚ but then all of a sudden with the EAD approval the interview followed straight after. 

Our field office was Los Angeles and the day after the interview I received approval for the Green Card and received my 10 year card in hand on 6/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
Just now, SteveE said:

I received the EAD (received it on 5/11) before the interview (interview date 6/7).

I thought our case was going somewhat slow at the time‚ but then all of a sudden with the EAD approval the interview followed straight after. 

Our field office was Los Angeles and the day after the interview I received approval for the Green Card and received my 10 year card in hand on 6/16

Oh, congrats on the 10-year card...Good things happened. lol

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SteveE said:

Nice! Congrats. I hope I get any notification soon. It's now Day 130 for me and it's been nerve wracking. :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, ThisguyJerry said:

My wife and I sent her AOS in on May 24th NOA1 May 26th. Had biometrics June 19th. Still no card no nothing from USCIS and feeling frustrated because while my wife's friend who sent their AOS in end on June and received RFE had beeb approved. To me that is a bit unfair but I know how the government works. We called and put in a service request only for the email to say our case will have a decision soon. Called today to maybe speak to a tier 2 with the agent giving us the same ####### the email. Said. Is there anyway to see what's going on with our case. Even the agent was surprised it wasn't approved yet. Feel lost

Your wife is from a high fraud country. Your case will be scrutinized unfortunately. All you can do is wait.

http://mypathtocitizenship.com/which-countries-are-on-the-uscis-high-fraud-list/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

OP, I know it's frustrating to wait, everyone on here knows that feeling since we've all been in that boat throughout the immigration process. Based on your timeline, it's only been 4mos. so you have some time to wait still for the Greencard. EAD/AP has been taking about 4-5mos recently vs. the 90days so you are right within the timelines they have right now. You should be getting the EAD/AP within the next few weeks or so if not sooner. Hang in there, it will come. Also note that a lot of cases where you are adjusting from a K1 has the interview waived which means you may not hear anything until you get an approval and this can take a little longer then those that end up getting an interview scheduled. You may still get an interview but there is a possibility you won't.

I'm the USC

K1 Visa Process:

• I-129F Packet Sent: 09/11/2015 (Sent to Dallas, TX Lockbox)
  • Delivery Confirmation: 09/16/2015
  • NOA1 Received (Electronic notice): 09/18/2015 (Sent to CSC)
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 09/26/15
  • NOA2 Received (Electronic notice): 10/06/2015
  • NOA2 Received (Hard Copy): 10/10/2015
  • NVC Received: 10/26/2015
  • NVC Case# Assigned: 10/30/2015
  • NVC Sent to Consulate: 11/02/2015
  • Consulate Received: 11/05/2015
  • Packet 3 Received: 11/12/2015
  • Packet 3 Sent (DS160 Completed & Visa Fee Paid): 11/21/2015
  • Medical Date: 12/16/2015
  • Interview Date: 01/14/2016 (approval pending medical paperwork from Visa Medical Dr. office)
  • Medical Paperwork Sent: 01/27/2016
  • Medical Paperwork Received by Embassy: 02/03/2016
  • Visa Approved: 02/04/2016
  • Visa Issued: 02/05/2016
  • Visa Received: 02/11/2016
  • US Entry (POE): 03/12/2016
  • Applied for SSN: 03/17/2016
  • SSN & Temp Card Received: 03/23/2016
  • Marriage Date: 04/21/2016

AOS/EAD/AP Process:

Spoiler
  • I-485/I-797/I-131 Packet Sent: 05/10/2016 (Sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox)
  • Tracking Shows Packet Delivered: 05/12/16
  • NOA1 Received (Electronic notices): 05/19/16 (for all 3: AOS, EAD & AP)
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copies): 05/23/16 (Notice date of 5/18/16 for all 3)
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received: 06/10/16
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: 06/20/16
  • Biometrics Appt. Completed: 06/20/16
  • EAD/AP Approved: 07/28/2016 {Day 76}
  • EAD/AP Card Received: 08/03/16 {Day 82}
  • DL Tests passed & 1yr. DL issued: 08/18/16
  • AOS Approved: 08/29/16 (Interview waived & Approval notice received in the mail on 9/1/16) {Day 108)
  • 2yr. Greencard Received: 09/09/16 {Day 119)
  • Updated info. w/Social Security Office: 09/22/16
  • Updated info. w/DMV & New 4yr. DL issued: 09/22/16
  • New Permanent SSN Card Received: 09/28/16

1st Date we can File ROC: 05/30/18

ROC Process:

Spoiler
  • I-751 Packet Sent: 06/11/18 (Sent to California Service Center)
  • Tracking Shows Packet Delivered: 6/13/18
  • Check Shows Cashed: 6/28/18
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 6/30/18 (Notice date of: 06/26/18)
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received: 3/16/19 (Notice date of: 03/08/19) - USCIS Biometrics Waiver Notice Received
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: N/A - (USCIS is resusing previous fingerprints/biometrics from AOS)
  • Notice of Transfer Received: 3/21/19 (Notice date of 03/15/19 )- USCIS transferred case to the Potomac Service Center in Arlington, VA for processing.
  • Interview Date: N/A - (Interview waived, received Electronic notice on 4/18/19 of update to case. It was  the ROC Approval with and approval date of 4/17/19)
  • ROC Approved: 4/15/19 (Received Electronic notice on 4/18/19 with an approval date of 4/17/19. Received Hard Copy in the mail on 4/20/19 with a Notice date of 4/15/19)
  • 10yr. Greencard Received4/24/19

1st Date we can File Naturalization (N400): 05/30/19

Naturalization Process:

• N-400 packet Sent: 3/13/2020 (Submitted online via the USCIS Website)
  • NOA1 Received (Elecctronic Notice): 3/13/2020 (Notice date of: 3/13/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 3/17/2020
  • NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 3/20/2020
  • Biometrics Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 3/14/2020 (Notice date of: 3/13/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 3/17/2020
  • Biometrics Letter Received (Hard Copy): 3/21/2020
  • Biometrics Appt. Scheduled for: 3/30/2020 (OKC local Field Office) - Office closed due to COVID-19, haven't received cancellation/reschedule notice yet... 😭
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 12/10/2020 (Notice date of: 12/10/2020) - USCIS Biometrics Reuse Notice Received
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Letter Received (Hard Copy): 12/15/2020
  • Re-Scheduled Biometrics Appt. for: N/A - (USCIS is reusing previous fingerprints/biometrics from AOS)
  • Interview Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 12/29/2020 (Notice date of: 12/29/2020) - Document itself viewable online on 12/30/2020
  • Interview Letter Received (Hard Copy): 1/11/2021
  • Interview Date: 02/17/2021 (at 1:30pm; OKC local Field Office) - Office closed due to Hazardous Weather Conditions; waiting for reschedule notice. 😭
  • Interview CANCELLATION Notice Received (Electronic Notice): 2/17/2021 (Notice date of: 2/17/2021) - voicemail from USCIS advising of cancellation received on 2/16/2021; document itself viewable online on 2/20/2021
  • Interview CANCELLATION Notice Received (Hard Copy): 2/26/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 2/22/2021 (Notice date of: 2/22/2021) - Document itself viewable online on 2/24/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Letter Received (Hard Copy): 3/1/2021
  • Re-Scheduled Interview Date for: 4/13/2021 (at 8:45am; OKC local Field Office) - Received recommended for Approval paper from USCIS Officer, waiting for confirmation and oath ceremony to be scheduled.
  • Naturalization Approved: 4/13/2021 
  • Oath Ceramony Appt. Letter Received (Electronic Notice): 4/14/2021 (Notice date of: 4/14/2021) - Document itself viewable online same day.
  • Oath Ceramony Letter Received (Hard Copy): 4/23/2021 
  • Oath Ceramony Date: 4/27/2021 (at 1:30pm; OKC local Field Office) - Oath completed, naturalization certificate in hand :dance:
  • Update SSN Info Appt. Scheduled for: 6/4/2021 - update from LPR to US Citizen w/SS Office...Done, waiting on new ss card in mail.
  • Updated SSN Card Received: / /
  • Updated Drivers License Received: / /
  • Applied for US Passport: / /

image.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I guess it's a waiting game. I think your wife will get her EAD soon. We send our AOS on 02/24 and received NOA1 on 03/11. I have received my EAD on 07/12 and heard nothing about I-485 (AOS). Our case online status still on "Finger print fee was received". Hopefully after long wait and no update from uscis, i will receive GC in our mailbox! :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 hours ago, ThisguyJerry said:

My wife and I sent her AOS in on May 24th NOA1 May 26th. Had biometrics June 19th. Still no card no nothing from USCIS and feeling frustrated because while my wife's friend who sent their AOS in end on June and received RFE had beeb approved. To me that is a bit unfair but I know how the government works. We called and put in a service request only for the email to say our case will have a decision soon. Called today to maybe speak to a tier 2 with the agent giving us the same ####### the email. Said. Is there anyway to see what's going on with our case. Even the agent was surprised it wasn't approved yet. Feel lost

Hi OP, the good news is that Adjustment of Status at your field office (either Louisville or Des Moines) is among the fastest in the country.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?history=90

Based on your timeline, I expect you may get an interview notice fairly soon, and if approved and may even receive the green card before the EAD.

Timeline

You're not alone. We are now on our 151st day of waiting for green card, EAD and AP.  I was supposed to have my green card  interview last sept 12th but due to my husband work we keep moving state to state and needed to rescheduled the interview. We called USCIS many time and told us to keep waiting. We were wondering if EAD is affected by our change of address as it's already 5 months pending. Can't believe it's still not approved. Let's keep praying and hope for the best! 

Timeline

Hi @ThisguyJerry! Just to let you know I received my EAD/AP card combo in the mail today! It's my birthday, too, so I can't believe the perfect timing! :) I filed my packet May 15th (a bit earlier than you), so I'm sure you'll receive your card soon enough, if you haven't yet! :D 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
Just now, snowcat said:

Hi @ThisguyJerry! Just to let you know I received my EAD/AP card combo in the mail today! It's my birthday, too, so I can't believe the perfect timing! :) I filed my packet May 15th (a bit earlier than you), so I'm sure you'll receive your card soon enough, if you haven't yet! :D 

Just now, snowcat said:

Congrats to you!  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, snowcat said:

That’s great!!! According to my timeline we are in line for sometime this week so hopefully we hear something. I’m happy for you!! Now get out there and work lol

11/30: Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

12/01: Petition recieved and signed

12/03: NOA1 text recieved @4:23pm

12/03: NOA1 Email recieved, sent to CSC

12/07: NOA1 hard copy recieved

Timeline
17 hours ago, Mmagic said:

Congrats to you!  

Thank you! 

14 hours ago, ThisguyJerry said:

That’s great!!! According to my timeline we are in line for sometime this week so hopefully we hear something. I’m happy for you!! Now get out there and work lol

Thanks! I'm pretty sure you'll receive yours soon, so keep checking your mailbox :D Gonna be working on my SSN now, and then a driver's license, and then work! Woot! Haha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, snowcat said:

Thank you! 

Thanks! I'm pretty sure you'll receive yours soon, so keep checking your mailbox :D Gonna be working on my SSN now, and then a driver's license, and then work! Woot! Haha

Did you case status not change at all to let you know you were approved?

11/30: Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

12/01: Petition recieved and signed

12/03: NOA1 text recieved @4:23pm

12/03: NOA1 Email recieved, sent to CSC

12/07: NOA1 hard copy recieved

Timeline
1 hour ago, ThisguyJerry said:

Did you case status not change at all to let you know you were approved?

Good question! I didn't check actually, but just checked now and it seems the case status for AP hasn't changed at all but my EAD case status now says this: 

Card Was Mailed To Me

On September 21, 2017, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxx, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by October 21, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

The card I got was both EAD and AP, though.

Edited by snowcat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.