25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

hopefully with more time together (they call it face time here) and the fact your child is going now, you will be successful this interview

since you have been married 4 years i am sure u have talked about everything and they can ask a lot of questions about him 

a man being older is no big deal / a woman being older is

they never will or should mention age difference as that is a violation of the constitution against age discriminition

but they do use it against the older woman

good luck and don't be scared

be confident and honest

be serious as the embassy takes this serious

Good advice adil-rafa,

From what I see here on vj it seems that Ghana is one of the toughest embassy's to issue visa's. Me being married to a Ghanaian man and being older has me extremely worried as I see all the issues that many others have dealt with..

Im still waiting for my approval since Nov 2016 so hope for that any day now and then the challenge is on... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
16 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

hopefully with more time together (they call it face time here) and the fact your child is going now, you will be successful this interview

since you have been married 4 years i am sure u have talked about everything and they can ask a lot of questions about him 

a man being older is no big deal / a woman being older is

they never will or should mention age difference as that is a violation of the constitution against age discriminition

but they do use it against the older woman

good luck and don't be scared

be confident and honest

be serious as the embassy takes this serious

Each Embassy though are part of the DOS adjudicates petitions based on their knowledge of local customs/culture etc. Maybe that is the wrong word?? I other words, a woman outside of child bearing age and a much much younger African man will go through the wringer and be scrutinized and usually refused the first time. There is a strategy behind this. Children are very important for African cultures and if there is an age difference they will not approve.

Your case is different it seems about children and the age difference. Just provide all and everything related to the marriage to them and be honest

Timeline
1 hour ago, NYCruiser said:

Each Embassy though are part of the DOS adjudicates petitions based on their knowledge of local customs/culture etc. Maybe that is the wrong word?? I other words, a woman outside of child bearing age and a much much younger African man will go through the wringer and be scrutinized and usually refused the first time. There is a strategy behind this. Children are very important for African cultures and if there is an age difference they will not approve.

Your case is different it seems about children and the age difference. Just provide all and everything related to the marriage to them and be honest

Well I guess I better be ready to be scrutinized because my husband is younger and I'm older. We married in Ghana early 2016 and I filed for him Nov 2016 and still waiting to hear from ucsic for a NOA2 or something. My husband doesn't wish to have children tho as we discussed this many times before we married so he's entitled to his wish and should not be denied because of his own personal wishes. I pray for the best when it gets to that stage🙏🙏

Timeline
23 hours ago, Sundee said:

Well I guess I better be ready to be scrutinized because my husband is younger and I'm older. We married in Ghana early 2016 and I filed for him Nov 2016 and still waiting to hear from ucsic for a NOA2 or something. My husband doesn't wish to have children tho as we discussed this many times before we married so he's entitled to his wish and should not be denied because of his own personal wishes. I pray for the best when it gets to that stage🙏🙏

I understand. However, what if he changes his mind in the future? Not sure how old you are but if it is beyond childbearing age? (I am assuming surrogate or adoption being out of the question here). 

I believe posts go with the general prevailing cultural norms in the host country. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i am one who is married to African and older (above child bearing age) 

it is important in muslim countries but we overcame it

Ghana is 41 % Christain and only 25% muslim 

Timeline
5 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

I understand. However, what if he changes his mind in the future? Not sure how old you are but if it is beyond childbearing age? (I am assuming surrogate or adoption being out of the question here). 

I believe posts go with the general prevailing cultural norms in the host country. 

I leave all in Gods hands. We hope to raise my husbands sisters child who is 3 and raise him as our own as his sister can't take care of him and we love him like he is already our own... Gods in control 🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
3 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

i am one who is married to African and older (above child bearing age) 

it is important in muslim countries but we overcame it

Ghana is 41 % Christain and only 25% muslim 

My husband isn't Muslim and if I may ask how much older are you then your husband and what African country is your husband from? If you are the blond adil-rafa in this profile pic with your husband you look like a nice couple and you look very young.... Any advice u give is welcomed..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

that photo was taken in last year and i am over 60

no surgeries / just no sun as us Finnish do not tan

i am over 30 years his senior

and it took us a while to be approved but we are now married over 7 and 1 /2 years 

and that is why i mentioned that most of Ghana is not muslim as it is not as important in Christainity to be of  child bearing age as we realize that if children are wanted we can adopt / more important for the muslim to have their own

as you are also older you may feel like you are fighting , we did

it was a hard and long struggle but we made it

he was now been here with 10 year green card and succeessful at his job working 6 10 hour days to help family back home.  and will apply for citzenship next year

when you get frustrated with the process, don't take it out on each other / talk to a friend\/ keep this time with each other as light and romantic as possible / serious when it comes to doing all immigration needs

good luck

Timeline
37 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

and it took us a while to be approved but we are now married over 7 and 1 /2 years 

and that is why i mentioned that most of Ghana is not muslim as it is not as important in Christainity to be of  child bearing age as we realize that if children are wanted we can adopt / more important for the muslim to have their own

he was now been here with 10 year green card and succeessful at his job working 6 10 hour days to help family back home.  and will apply for citzenship next year

when you get frustrated with the process, don't take it out on each other / talk to a friend\/ keep this time with each other as light and romantic as possible / serious when it comes to doing all immigration needs

good luck

Agreed. Posts adjudicate applications on fiance/marriage based on culture and social norms in the Country of the Citizenship of the applicant. Other factors are taking into account too. For instance, I have seen same-sex marriage couples getting married with even bigger lopsided age difference. For instance, Egypt same sex couple 82/42 years, another Iranian/US couple 82/27, etc etc... since they are not going to have children the natural way, these factors don't enter in the equation. In most of Africa, too, same sex couples don't get the age scrutiny for the same reasons. However, heterosexual couples do in Africa/Middle East

Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

good luck

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your encouragement and being that I'm still waiting for a NOA2 I know after that I will still have a long road ahead of me.. If I need any guidance since you've gone through this process, can I inquire with you??? 

What African country is your husband from? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.