miki0630

after RFE received, how long will it take for approval??

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
4 hours ago, rachied26 said:

I got an RFE sent it back around 2 weeks ago, I had a letter saying they had recieved it & that's it. Hopefully it won't take too long, we submitted Noa1 beggining of April. I have read many people's results from the last couple of months from RFEs taking anything from 2 weeks to 6 weeks on average so fingers crossed!!  

What did you get your RFE for? 

2weeks to 6weeks is much better I pray the count down won't start from 0. the initial evidence they asked me about was supporting documents for affidavit of support. what about u?

Edited by miki0630

Timeline
2 hours ago, amul said:

Took us 10 days -- hope yours will be a quick one as well! ☺️

sounds great your RFE says request for initial evidence?? what did they ask you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
34 minutes ago, miki0630 said:

2weeks to 6weeks is much better I pray the count down won't start from 0. the initial evidence they asked me about was supporting documents for affidavit of support. what about u?

Me too!!! 

Was that when you went for you interview? Ours was a whole list of things to be honest with you ( last time I'm leaving matt in charge of mailing stuff lol). It was a beneficiarys intent to marry, more detailed response of how we met & proof that we met in person and also his birth certificate. So we sent it all in, passport stamps, tickets, 15 pics, screen shots from Fb of his family tagging me in stuff & pics etc. A letter stating we had met, a detailed letter of how we initially met, his birth certificate etc etc. 

I reallu hope its back soon. I'd like to move by the end of the year! 

20 hours ago, miki0630 said:

hello friends after RFE received, how long will it take for approval?? anyone have this experience the waiting is so frustrating😔😔

I recieved an RFE July 23rd sent documents within 24 hours an said got approved September 13th !!!

its so frustrating isn't it?! Good luck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

I recieved an RFE July 23rd sent documents within 24 hours an said got approved September 13th !!!

its so frustrating isn't it?! Good luck 

It really is, so yours got approved within the 6 weeks which is good to hear! Did you have to send much info?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, miki0630 said:

sounds great your RFE says request for initial evidence?? what did they ask you?

They wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, we were told that the certification of registration of marriage is the legal document in India, so that is what I sent, but apparently we needed both! 

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

5 hours ago, rachied26 said:

It really is, so yours got approved within the 6 weeks which is good to hear! Did you have to send much info?

Letter of intent! Yeah it was approved within the 6 weeks! However, we had to wait almost 7 months to even receive the RFE! Succccks.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

Letter of intent! Yeah it was approved within the 6 weeks! However, we had to wait almost 7 months to even receive the RFE! Succccks.

7months wait for RFE? That sucks indeed what was your RFE all about?

11 hours ago, miki0630 said:

7months wait for RFE? That sucks indeed what was your RFE all about?

We missed out our letters of intent 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

In my case, I got a RFIE and the case status changed to "interview is scheduled" after around 2 mouthes.

It seems varies a lot, so be hopeful and good luck!;)

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/18/2017 at 5:20 AM, abe&kari said:

We got the notice of approval after 3 months from submitting the RFE

4months since RFE was updated and we are still waiting for our approval notice 

18 hours ago, Abies said:

4months since RFE was updated and we are still waiting for our approval notice 

maybe it's time to contact your congressperson but before that try to contact USCIS and know what is going on.

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just submitted some RFE documents regarding supporting relationship between parents an myself to PSC VISA center. I tracked on the USPS tracking number. It shows PSC USCIS received it on April 2rd, 2018.  Who has the experience on this and can share how long it takes from submit to get letter from PSC USCIS VISA center? I know each office has different processing time on the RFE documents. 

Thanks, 

Tiffany

• 9 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello Everyone!  I filed I130 for my parents on February 2018 and still my I130 is pending (Nebraska service center). I received RFE for late birth certificate registration (unfortunate but common RFE). I responded my RFE within 15 days and since last October 31, my status is showing RFE response received. After 60 days, I have raised service request & called customer service, all are just repeating  of what I can see in USCIS case status check. I know it is a waiting game but is anyone in the same situation or have any idea about the RFE response review  timeline. Thanks!

Edited by garjisme

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.