vchvishnu

USCIS Background check in aliens country for K1 visa

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys 

Im writing this letter in a depressed mood .I will explain u my situation 

Last year i met someone so special in online & we both fell in love each other so fast & now the situation is like we cant even miss each other for a second .While sleeping also we will be in call & Atlast we are gonna meet this coming october from chiang mai thailand . So after that we have decided to file a K 1  visa to get me there .so where the problem starts is my family is not aware of this relationship & im sure dey will not understand my situation

so here is my question

1) Will this cause any trouble for my visa as my parents are not aware of this ?

2)While doing the background check whether they will check with my family regarding this ?

3) IS there any other way to get there ? 

Im from india & my girlfriend is from US

6 minutes ago, vchvishnu said:

Hi Guys 

Im writing this letter in a depressed mood .I will explain u my situation 

Last year i met someone so special in online & we both fell in love each other so fast & now the situation is like we cant even miss each other for a second .While sleeping also we will be in call & Atlast we are gonna meet this coming october from chiang mai thailand . So after that we have decided to file a K 1  visa to get me there .so where the problem starts is my family is not aware of this relationship & im sure dey will not understand my situation

so here is my question

1) Will this cause any trouble for my visa as my parents are not aware of this ?

In my personal opinion, best not to hide your relationship. Otherwise it seems as though you're trying to keep a fake relationship and that's why nobody in your real life knows about it. Kinda not a good look. But like I said, this is my personal opinion and it doesn't matter as long as you can prove a bonafide relationship.

2)While doing the background check whether they will check with my family regarding this ?

No, background check does not involve USCIS or embassy taking onto themselves to check with your family.

3) IS there any other way to get there ? 

No. Either fiance visa or spousal visa if you want to move to the US permanently to be with your US petitioner.

Im from india & my girlfriend is from US

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

@KULtoATL what all verification will be done to approve the visa ,Whether i need to submit any thing like i dont have any police case  or they will check it anonymously

Timeline

Hi

What all verification will USCIS or emabassy do on  aliens country or alien should give the police clearance certificate  ? Im asking this because my parents are not aware of my relationship & I dont want dem to know about this 

1 hour ago, vchvishnu said:

@KULtoATL what all verification will be done to approve the visa ,Whether i need to submit any thing like i dont have any police case  or they will check it anonymously

You need to submit a police clearance certificate for any country you have lived in for more than 6 months.

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Criminal background checks.

And yes, police certificates are required. Refer to https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html, scroll down to Police Certificates tab.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

@KULtoATL will there be any mails coming o my home or anything like dat after we file the petition as im living in another state nott with my parents

@KULtoATL im so sorry to ask so many things bcz i need to find solution for this and there is no one to help 

Thank you 

Vishnu

Timeline

@jayjayj  will there be any mails coming o my home or anything like dat after we file the petition as im living in another state nott with my parents

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
57 minutes ago, vchvishnu said:

@jayjayj  will there be any mails coming o my home or anything like dat after we file the petition as im living in another state nott with my parents

There will be only one mail coming to your house and that is the letter from the US consulate/embassy where you reside with instructions to start your visa procedure(visa fees, medical exam, police certificate etc). 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys 

Is there any way to know clearly what all verification they will do .  like will they check with my family that they are aware of this or something like that

Timeline
Hi Guys I just want to know some information about the fiancee visa. So I'm from India and my girl friend is from USA. So we are planning for a trip to chiang mai this October last and after that we are planning to a file a fiancee visa to get me there. So she suggested me to do this. But I have some issues like my family doesn't knows about this relation ship and im sure they will not agree this. So I planned not to tell dem about all these things. It's not because I don't respect them and after all you know how Indian parents will respond when it comes to things like this and she is older than me and have kids too.. But I'm not considering all these things as negative because I love her so much   So here are my questions    
1) what all things we should submit for the fiancee visa & what all files or papers they will USCIS or consulate send to my address as im not staying at my current address but same country (Is there any option to send it to my address)
2)what is actual process for getting this visa 
3) as my parents are not aware of this will it cause any trouble to get the visa 
4) what all kind of police verification will be there to get the visa.. Like whether they will come and check all details with my parents or 

Please help me to find out this  it will be so helpful 

Regards 
cleardot.gif
Vishnu      

Check the GUIDES section.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

India is not the easiest country to get a visa from. Many are not given or returned to the US.  Meeting your girlfriend who is older, with kids, one time, not having famoly approval goes against your culture and could potentially result in a visa not given.  Your most important thing will be having a lot of time together.  Consider 2-3 visits before you file.  Yes, it takes longer and costs more but would likely have a better outcome.  

Here is a link to the India portal, you can reach out to others specifically from your area and look at timelines.  Read consulate reviews too, they talk about questions asked and let you know if people got their visas or administrative processing.  http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=India

Read the guides for step by step direction. Please understand I'm just trying to be helpful, although my fiance is from Morocco not India, we did not get our k1 and it's been difficult and I would definitely do things differently. I often see members who's fiancee or spouse from India write about being denied, often after years together, several trips and even family acceptance.  I'm not doubting you love each other, just be aware up front it could be an uphill battle. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.