ChristopherChu

Considering Abandon I-751 Based on Divorce And Leave The Country Permenantly?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, ChristopherChu said:

Thank You missileman! Yes, he is a real lawyer. I hired him through my family law lawyer's recommendation, at the same time it's odd that his competency deems mismatch with his Avvo rating... Before him, I went Several attorneys, none of them would handle my case, once they heard 'Divorce'.

They wouldn't take your case even though you were going to pay them?? Surprising! Considering US lawyers LOVE money and will even represent a goat in court if they were getting that lucre!

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Get rid of your lawyer, he's an ###****.

Here's my recommendation, follow through the case (with a different lawyer) and try to get your 10 year visa approved, don't abandon until your case is completed, if you get denied you can leave and say that at least you tried everything, but if you get approved, you will be able to leave and still be a US Resident, with some exceptions of course if you plan to stay away more than 6-12 months. Don't send down the drain the last few years of effort without a fight.

Don't be scared of USCIS, you have a very complete case with SOLID proof that you entered your marriage in good faith, and even proof (maybe) that your wife cheated on you, the chances of approval for you are very high in my opinion.

Edited by dannymx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

First of all your lawyer should be reported and sue him for discrimination against you. 

Second, if you sent all of the evidence you mentioned, I dont see a reason of denial. You entered in good faith to the marriage, your ex is the one who messed up and was not faithful  you are at no wrong at all in this. 

My advice:FIRE THE LAWYER, stay in the US and find a job here. 

The US wont be "great again" without a well educated man like you. 

Trust me your chances of getting approved are high. And no you wont go to prison if you got denied. I cant believe that lawyer is still working talking to you like trash. He is the trash that makes America look bad. 

l just wanted to tell you to report the lawyer who told you nobody will believe a Chinese man over a white person. It happened to me years back and l don't want it to happen to anyone else. That's discrimination; one was done on me by a black woman who was a student advisor telling me American immigration will favor white South Africans over the black ones. I tell you that was difficult for me to hear and it left me psychologically scarred. If someone talks to you like that don't use their service or pay money to someone with such views.

sunbeam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

As others have mentioned fire that your lawyer immediately. His misinformation is so problematic it makes me wonder if that law degree belongs to him or a dead person. Now to the issue. If you have supplied your solid bona fide evidence as you mentioned, chill there's no reason to worry. You may be called for an interview and chances are you STILL can be approved without an interview. Yes it happens quite often that you can imagine and has happened to many members here. Even if called for one it's not the end of the world. USCIS is not marriage police and are not in the business of it. What they care about is if you initially entered the marriage in good faith and if you demonstrate (sounds a lot like you can). Provided you do, you'll be approved interview wise or not. Don't cut your ends lose and run away for no reason. With that being said even if it's denied, you'll be entitled to due process and refered to an immigration judge and not just picked up from your house and put in a plane like someone who recently illegally crossed the border. Your status wasn't given to you by ICE only an immigration judge can decide to strip it away.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

15 hours ago, ChristopherChu said:

Based on current CSC processing time, anyone would guess if it is likely I will be called to the interview within 40 days? Although, RFE should come first...

You keep mentioning RFE. Why are you so sure you are going to receive an RFE?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
18 hours ago, ChristopherChu said:

Hello Everyone

I'm new to the forum. It was a long story, but I try to keep it short, if anyone interested in detail, I will have more. I am from China and married to a USC, originally I came here by F-1 visa and studied at a prestigious university. I met my ex-wife on the internet in September 2014, after three months of dates, we bought a house and moved in together. We entered our marriage in 2015 May. In 2016 March, I got my 2 years green card. However, my wife, she cheated on me and had a baby with another man after she filed divorce last year April. Our marriage comes the its end by August 2016. And I hired a lawyer to file I-751 waiver based on good faith marriage, it went to CSC, at this point, I am still waiting for RFE. We had a strong pack of evidence, every possible evidence, joint house, cars, all bills, membership, pets, air and hotel tickets to New York-Hawaii honey trip, receipt of a diamond ring, e.t.c... the list goes on. However, my lawyer had some personal prejudices against me, saying "the local office will never believe a China man could ever marry a white American woman." "You are the kind of person USCIS wants to deport and kick you out of the country" "if you travel, you may never come back, e.t.c." "They will put you in prison if you get denied." So, I am worried about 'kangaroo court', if you know what I mean.

Now I have already graduated from my alma mater but could not find any decent mean to live here. So I am thinking about going back to China in October, at least my departure will make America greater again one step ahead. I see current CSC processing time in on 20 June 2016, I am afraid what if  I got called to an interview before my departure and denied, fast placed to immigration prison? My lawyer threatens me if I got denied by the local office, ice will bust my house arrest me, I don't know if I should believe him? Because I studied on this matter if my case denied, I can no longer have the valid statue once the card expired, which it will be in March 2018, but then I would be long gone. My current plan is pack up, leave the country on October 15th, once I'm in China, I will go straight to US embassy in Beijing and surrender my green card, then say God bless America. Most likely I won't be back to states in a long time, perhaps never again. Now my question is if I got called to the interview before my departure, and I went and got denied, or simply not showing up, what will happen?  Can I safely stay here until my departure?(Again, my card expire by March 2018) Right now I feel like I'm acting the movie Dunkirk, intensified and scattered. I only have roughly 40 days left. Anyone has any idea, Please comment, suggest and help me!

just to confirm, you said you went to a prestigious university?

You seem to have strong evidence of bonafide marriage even with a divorce. Don't give up and go home because of what your lawyer is telling you. He's a clown thats pretending to be your lawyer. Wait till your ROC is approved and then take some time off from the good ol' US of A and go back to home to China. I'm sure you'll miss it here and come back.

AOS FROM - F1 OPT                                                                                                                                             ROC
Day 00 - Jun-08-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]                                                          Day 00 - Mar-12-2018 - ROC Package Delivered [California Service Center] 

Day 13 - Jun-21-2016 - Hardcopy NOA  for I-485, I-130, I-765                                                                   Day 09 - Mar-21-2018- Check Cashed                                                                   

Day 17 - Jun-25-2016 - Biometrics Letter [Appointment July 5]                                                                 Day 11 - Mar-23-2018-Received NOA Letter

Day 50 - Jul-28-2016 -  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview                                                 Day 68 - May-18-2018 - Received Biometrics WAIVER Letter

Day 61 - Aug-08-2016 - AOS Interview Letter [interview Date Sept 7]                                                       Day 159 -Aug-17-2018 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

Day 71 - Aug-17-2016 - Interview Cancellation Letter [unforeseen Circumstances]                              Day 406-Apr-22-2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

Day 79 - Aug-25-2016 - New AOS Interview Letter [New Interview Date Sept 27]                                   Day 410-Apr26-2019 - Received ROC Approval Letter

Day 85 - Aug-31-2016 - Received EAD Card                                                                                                    Day 414- Apr-30-2019 - Received 10-year Green Card :dance:

Day 112 -Sep-27-2016 - AOS Interview [Case Status: New Card Is Being Produced]                              N400   5-yr-based                      

Day 118 -Oct-03-2016 -  Received AOS Approval Letter                                                                               Day 00 - Mar-12-2021- Submitted N400 Application online

Day 121 -Oct-06-2016 - Received Conditional Green Card [ROC opens ~ Mar 10, 2018]                       Day 322 - Jan-28-2022- N400 Interview Scheduled

Day 353 - Feb-26-2022- Interviewed. Approved. Same Day Oath 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One post, reported as off-topic, has been removed on that basis.

Everyone is reminded that typing alternative characters to disguise profanity is against the Terms of Service.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.