Jump to content

Need some advice

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm a LPR waiting in line for my citizenship interview , I want to adjust my husband , he is out of status , came to the US on a tourist visa , expired now , I want to start the process of LR , what forms we have to submit ? I now that when I get my citizenship I can upgrade his priority , but I want to gane some time . I need some advaice , what is best to do  thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites





it's not worth it, the i130 by itself can take from 5 to 9 months or even more to be approved. once you have your certificate, you can file all the forms together


you won't gain time, the opposite, it will delay you. so wait until you are a USC

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.