CaliCat

Trump splits with GOP to support Democrats' plan to package Harvey aid, debt ceiling, spending

29 posts in this topic

Timeline

And just like that, Pelosi (the Wicked Witch of the West) who is a Leftie (not from right) outmaneuvers (is smarter than) the GOP majority! :jest:

Welcome to Venezuela!

Meanwhile Ryan is seen pitching a hissy fit in his office.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/06/schumer-and-pelosi-say-democrats-will-support-harvey-aid-with-3-month-debt-limit-raise.html

So-called president Donald Trump on Wednesday broke with his party and agreed to back a short-term debt ceiling extension and government funding measure as part of the package to approve relief funding for Hurricane Harvey.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell later said he would support the package. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said that "the president and the congressional leadership agreed" to the proposal following a meeting at the White House. Republican lawmakers in the room opposed Schumer and Pelosi's push to extend the debt limit and fund the government for only three months, but Trump agreed to it.

Talking to reporters on Air Force One on his way to a tax reform speech in North Dakota, Trump said the deal "will be very good."

"We had a very good meeting with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. We agreed to a three-month extension on debt ceiling, which they consider to be sacred — very important — always we'll agree on debt ceiling automatically because of the importance of it," he said, according to a White House transcript.

Edited by CaliCat

I bet the MDL does not know what to do with this. Good for him. The repubs in congress have proven they were nothing but talk the last 8 years. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, CaliCat said:

And just like that, Pelosi (the Wicked Witch of the West) who is a Leftie (not from right) outmaneuvers (is smarter than) the GOP majority! :jest:

Welcome to Venezuela!

Meanwhile Ryan is seen pitching a hissy fit in his office.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/06/schumer-and-pelosi-say-democrats-will-support-harvey-aid-with-3-month-debt-limit-raise.html

So-called president Donald Trump on Wednesday broke with his party and agreed to back a short-term debt ceiling extension and government funding measure as part of the package to approve relief funding for Hurricane Harvey.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell later said he would support the package. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said that "the president and the congressional leadership agreed" to the proposal following a meeting at the White House. Republican lawmakers in the room opposed Schumer and Pelosi's push to extend the debt limit and fund the government for only three months, but Trump agreed to it.

Talking to reporters on Air Force One on his way to a tax reform speech in North Dakota, Trump said the deal "will be very good."

"We had a very good meeting with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. We agreed to a three-month extension on debt ceiling, which they consider to be sacred — very important — always we'll agree on debt ceiling automatically because of the importance of it," he said, according to a White House transcript.

He'll "revisit" this one, later.

Timeline
10 hours ago, CarlosAndSveta said:

Holy Poop! What a great negotiator. :rofl:

He may have realized the regime needs to negotiate with the other side of the aisle as well. Pelosi pretty much got everything she wanted, while the GOP was playing politics with the millions affected by Harvey. 

The north remembers...

Trump: "I'm going to add a chapter to my book,  'The Art of the Deal':  'How to Cave in on the First Offer.'"

1 hour ago, Tahoma said:

Trump: "I'm going to add a chapter to my book,  'The Art of the Deal':  'How to Cave in on the First Offer.'"

Or how to reach across the isle to work for the good of America. If he hadn't the MDL would be screaming he didn't care about Harvey victims . The leftist don't care about America they are just agianst anything Trump. It's like the parable of King Solomon and cutting the baby in half. They would destroy America, if they could keep Trump from having any success.  True, our queen lost Butt hurt 

38 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Or how to reach across the isle to work for the good of America. If he hadn't the MDL would be screaming he didn't care about Harvey victims . The leftist don't care about America they are just agianst anything Trump. It's like the parable of King Solomon and cutting the baby in half. They would destroy America, if they could keep Trump from having any success.  True, our queen lost Butt hurt 

Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan: "Apparently you missed class when they covered Negotiating 101."

3 hours ago, Tahoma said:

I read that when it was first published. I actually admired him back then. A lot changed in 30 years. His ego and arrogance got the best of him.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

2 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Our queen lost butt hurt? Is that good or bad?

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

2 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Like the right did for Obama? And how the right was against anything and everything Obama? And how not one righty voted for the affordable healthcare act and now controls all 3 branches of the government yet cannot repeal or replace it? You mean those guys who had America's true interest at heart? :rofl:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

35 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

Like the right did for Obama? And how the right was against anything and everything Obama? And how not one righty voted for the affordable healthcare act and now controls all 3 branches of the government yet cannot repeal or replace it? You mean those guys who had America's true interest at heart? :rofl:

I am sure in all that you had a point about Obama and the dems working , and my praise for both, but not sure what it was .