80 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

hello suha..newbie here. Any updates in your applicatio? .same case here. My Priority date is july 2016, NVC messaged us in april 2017 that my papers has been sent to Abu Dhabi embassy and wait dor interview date. Until now we haven't received anything from the embassy..anyway im CR-1 as well..

On 9/21/2017 at 11:48 PM, HII said:

hello suha..newbie here. Any updates in your applicatio? .same case here. My Priority date is july 2016, NVC messaged us in april 2017 that my papers has been sent to Abu Dhabi embassy and wait dor interview date. Until now we haven't received anything from the embassy..anyway im CR-1 as well..

Oh okay.. they sent me the email on 5th of june too.. nothing yet :( still waiting 

Hi everyone! Me and my  husband are still waiting for my approval notice of my ( I-130 petition) to arrive and my consulate is US Embassy in UAE. I live in Dubai and so once we clear the NVC stage the documents should be arriving in US Embassy in Dubai. Anybody has had experienced same delays in Dubai Embassy too? Are they as slow as Abu Dhabi Embassy with scheduling dates for Interview? How was your experience with Dubai Embassy?

1 hour ago, tcy said:

Hi everyone! Me and my  husband are still waiting for my approval notice of my ( I-130 petition) to arrive and my consulate is US Embassy in UAE. I live in Dubai and so once we clear the NVC stage the documents should be arriving in US Embassy in Dubai. Anybody has had experienced same delays in Dubai Embassy too? Are they as slow as Abu Dhabi Embassy with scheduling dates for Interview? How was your experience with Dubai Embassy?

I just checked US embassy Dubai's website to confirm where mine will be scheduled...its Abu Dhabi! Omg :( I wonder if you guys are still awaiting to get a interview date then what will happen in my case andh ow much ill have to wait :(  I wish everyone good luck!

On 9/6/2017 at 9:47 AM, Suha said:

My priority date is july052016. I received a letter from NVC on June052017 saying that Theyve received all the requested documents for this immigrant visa case and is now in a queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas and that it takes within 3 months to schedule the interview. Now today its September062017 3 months exactly since receiving that letter  and nothing from Abu Dhabi embassy or NVC and still waiting for an interview date!

Please share your own experience & timeline. 

Thanks & Good luck for all. 

Hi Suha,

Just checking if you received an interview yet??

10/06/2011: Documents sent to Dallas

10/17/2011: Received NOA (dated: 10/14/2011)

11/01/2011: Status change: Testing and Interviewing

12/08/2011: Yellow Letter received (dated: 12/06/2011)

01/06/2012: Status Change!!!: Initial Testing and Interviewing

On 9/26/2017 at 4:36 AM, tcy said:

I just checked US embassy Dubai's website to confirm where mine will be scheduled...its Abu Dhabi! Omg :( I wonder if you guys are still awaiting to get a interview date then what will happen in my case andh ow much ill have to wait :(  I wish everyone good luck!

Hello,

There are a couple of us here who are still waiting to be interviewed. Yes wait time is very difficult. We are waiting since May away from each other, so be patient it will come hopefully soon.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:29 AM, Dareen22 said:

It took the US embassy in AbuDhabi 6 months to send me an appointment date..6 months after the NVC had told me that my case was in queue awaiting an interview..so you need to have patience!! Good luck

Hi Dareen,

May i asked when did you get your CC and when did they send a letter for an interview. Just trying to estimate the time frame.

1 hour ago, Tatsi said:

Hi Suha,

Just checking if you received an interview yet??

Not yet. Crossing fingers for October.. gd luck!! Btw when is your Priority date and when did NVC send you a letter that ure in a queue? 

2 minutes ago, Suha said:

Not yet. Crossing fingers for October.. gd luck!! Btw when is your Priority date and when did NVC send you a letter that ure in a queue? 

Hey hey,

Ok priority date is March 2016 but dont look at that. If you are CR1 priority date doesnt matter as the visas are unlimited. The issue is AD embassy that's busy 😣. I got a letter from NVC on May 26th but hubby was approved (NVC told me when i called) on May 19. Still nothing. I reached the point that im hoping he gets scheduled this year at least.

15 hours ago, Tatsi said:

Hey hey,

Ok priority date is March 2016 but dont look at that. If you are CR1 priority date doesnt matter as the visas are unlimited. The issue is AD embassy that's busy 😣. I got a letter from NVC on May 26th but hubby was approved (NVC told me when i called) on May 19. Still nothing. I reached the point that im hoping he gets scheduled this year at least.

Yea the wait is unbearable. But how'd you know that the delay is from Abu dhabi embassy and not the NVC themselves as they're the ones who receive available appointment dates from Abu Dhabi embassy and fill them with Cases they have. Im confused on how the system works honestly but nevertheless hopefully we hear good news this month. Praying for that 

51 minutes ago, Suha said:

Yea the wait is unbearable. But how'd you know that the delay is from Abu dhabi embassy and not the NVC themselves as they're the ones who receive available appointment dates from Abu Dhabi embassy and fill them with Cases they have. Im confused on how the system works honestly but nevertheless hopefully we hear good news this month. Praying for that 

To be honest i started first looking into it when i got a letter from NVC. When i read that it might take up to 3 months to get an interview i freaked out because i NEVER thought that it would take that long. The first thing i did i went on here and just researched and read about the experiences from others. Example: embassies in some European countries take only 2 days, the Philippines something like 2 weeks, Egypt about 3 months...etc and only those who are in AD are frustrated the most due to the wait. Mind you when i saw some timelines of people in 2015 they were scheduled much faster, so not sure what has happened in the last 2 years 😣. A lot of people mentioned here that they embassy is busy due to a lof of Iran nationals, plus summer didnt help us and keep in mind shorter hours during Ramadan and public holidays in the U.S. and the UAE.

I also saw the info on travel.state, i believe,where it does say some embassies might take longer. Not to mention called NVC at least 3 times and heard the same answer.

So yes, my dear, at least you know its not just you and people on VJ do understand and share your frustrations

1 hour ago, Tatsi said:

To be honest i started first looking into it when i got a letter from NVC. When i read that it might take up to 3 months to get an interview i freaked out because i NEVER thought that it would take that long. The first thing i did i went on here and just researched and read about the experiences from others. Example: embassies in some European countries take only 2 days, the Philippines something like 2 weeks, Egypt about 3 months...etc and only those who are in AD are frustrated the most due to the wait. Mind you when i saw some timelines of people in 2015 they were scheduled much faster, so not sure what has happened in the last 2 years 😣. A lot of people mentioned here that they embassy is busy due to a lof of Iran nationals, plus summer didnt help us and keep in mind shorter hours during Ramadan and public holidays in the U.S. and the UAE.

I also saw the info on travel.state, i believe,where it does say some embassies might take longer. Not to mention called NVC at least 3 times and heard the same answer.

So yes, my dear, at least you know its not just you and people on VJ do understand and share your frustrations

Oooh okay! That's reallyyy frustrating not being able to do anything about it.  As you mentioned before Im hoping to also be scheduled at least before 2018! 

Good luck for us allll 🙏🏼 And thanks much for sharing! I'll update you if I get anything. GL 

On 10/1/2017 at 12:33 AM, Tatsi said:

Hi Dareen,

May i asked when did you get your CC and when did they send a letter for an interview. Just trying to estimate the time frame.

Hi TAtsie

I got my CC email on March 24th and then on September 2nd I got an email from the NVC saying that my appointment is on the 2nd of October. So yes i waited from March till October. 

Just now, Dareen22 said:

Hi TAtsie

I got my CC email on March 24th and then on September 2nd I got an email from the NVC saying that my appointment is on the 2nd of October. So yes i waited from March till October. 

Btw my case is IR-2. Hopefully you wont have to wait so long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.