49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DECKKAM said:

AOS...also I stay in North carolina.it is compulsory I send my filled forms to Chicago lockbox or USCIS Immigration office in NC

If you are filing AOS from a K-1visa then the AOS application will go to Chicago lockbox...the following is the complete address..

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Additionally check this...https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

1 minute ago, DECKKAM said:

That's very true Avii... I'll take that advice...den must I post my forms to Chicago..wen there is an USCIS office in my state NC

You are welcome :)

Edited by Aviinashh M

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

On 9/6/2017 at 3:56 PM, Aviinashh M said:

By the way what are your thoughts on the latest decision about DACA ?

I do have sympathy and I do have a few personal friends who are under DACA. 

So being that said, it is such a tragedy that President Obama pushed it through too much to the point where now Red states are threatening to sue if the Federal government does not take proper action. Indeed, it was when Pres. Obama wanted to create DAPA(Deferred Action Of Parents of America) that was blocked in 5th federal court of U.S in Texas. Basically, the program was to give protection against deportations and work permits for those parents who have U.S. born kids or permanent resident kids. 

The reason that the Red States brought this to the hands of federal Judges in Texas was that

1) They are concerned about growing populations of hispanic, 2) this would encourage more illegal immigrants crossing the rivers to US from Mexico "have a baby born in Texas, and you don't have to worry about deportations as well as you are free to work anywhere in U.S.

So they retaliated by suing Pres. Obama's policy and they won. (I have to say regretfully that if Pres. Obama did not push it to this point, DACA would be still valid at today because of no court ruling decisions about DAPA)

So, the rational behind many critics to DACA is citing the court's decision and ruling against DAPA to the point that DACA, taking into account similiarly situated circumstances, is gonna be ruled as illegal and unconstitutional by the court.

(DAPA is for those parents with US citizens and DACA is for those children under Illegal or undocumented immigrants) 

Here is highly interesting thing, I would like to point out.

As President Trump outcry the "Court-Shopping" earlier in this year when his anti-immigration policy was blocked and halted by federal judge in Hawaii and California, the Republican states are bringing the lawsuits in Texas and Lousiana in order to acheive their political goals.

Of course, Hawaii and California have been liberal states and the same story go for the U.S. federal district of the court, which is why pro-immigrants organizations brought Trump's anti-immigration policy into the judges in Hawaii, knowing that it will give them a favorable decisions (block the President's crazyness, or if not, it was expected to give the president Trump some blows politically) 

Long story shorts, to my eyes, both republicans and democrats are like "the pot calling the kettle black" . It is all about politics and as you know, there is no absolutely correct answers in politics. It will  just turn out who was right after 40-50 years later on. 

So being that said, I am truly sorry to rescind of DACA, but I am no way around to judge whether the decision is correct or not. Only time will tell who is right after 40-50 years later. 

Lastly, When hurricane Harvey hit the Texas, and while it is deeply sorry to see many Texans losing houses and life-style, some gained the benefits such as oil-producing companies and retail sellers. (the gas station in my city skyrocked from 2.2 to 2.8 $, and I take my increased spending of gas money as donations to Texans affected by Harvey). In other words, there will be losers and winners, which I wouldn't specify, but clearly both are present after the Trump's decision of rescinding DACA. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.