September 5 2017 US EMBASSY Interview experience

24 posts in this topic

Visa approved!!
Timeline: 
NOA1: Feb.9,2017
NOA2: July 25,2017
Sent to NVC: Aug 1,2017
MNL case number: Aug 12,2017
Paid AOS and IV:  Aug 15,2017 (Sent the expedite letter as well) 
DS 260 done:  Aug 18,2017
Medical: Aug 22,2017 (I went really early and my medical was done in 1 day) 
Expedite approval and papers sent to Manila, Case status ready: Aug 23,2017
Interview: Sept 5,2017 - Approved!! 
VOH: Soon!! 

Interview experience :
My schedule was 6:45 but went there at 6 am, I went straight to the guard and showed my interview appointment letter, he told me to go inside and fall in line which I did, we waited for 30 minutes and they let us in (naawa siguro kasi sobrang lakas ng ulan). 

Second set of lady guards or assistants, idk what they are gave us zip lock bags for our passport, the bio of your passport should be showing. Also show your DS 260 or 160 because they will put a sticker. Follow the line and go inside the embassy.

Inside the embassy, you will go through 2 scanners, just be courtious and follow instructions of the guards because they get irritated easily... 

Next step:
I waited inside for the Pre screening windows to open. And when it was my turn the lady was very pleasant. Her questions were:
Hi how are you? Answered I'm fine, and you? She said she's OK. 
Asked for my DS 260 and passport. 
What's my name? 
Who is petitioning me? A:My husband (his name) 
Asked how we met. Asked for the original documents (CENOMAR. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE. BIRTH CERTIFICATE. AOS. NBI, MEDICAL RESULTS) And she asked questions about ourselves. She said me and my husband are very lucky because we are both single, same age and same hobbies which is online gaming and animes and we are both Filipino. Told me to proceed to the window for finger scanning

TIP: BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW, MOISTURIZE YOU HAND ALWAYS KASI MAY PALYA YUNG FINGER SCANNER NILA

Finger scanning experience : I've read a lot about this guy that he gets irritated easily!!
The person  before me was asked to stand aside because their paper isn't ready.. So he took mine instead and asked my name and date of birth then asked me to press my left four fingers without the thumb and I did, isang click lang scan agad (always moisturize your hands sis) then he said very good, now right hand please, then I did as well, and thank God, one click lang ulit na scan na, then asked to press the scanner with my two thumbs and BAM na scan ulit!! he was pleased and he even did a small talk, He smiled and asked so where are you going? And I answered San Diego, California sir, and then he said wow California girl and I gave him the best smile I can give to someone, he told me good luck and I said thank you, and have a good day sir. 

Next step is the final interview. 
I wasn't really nervous, as long as you know your relationship is genuine ang dali lang ng tanong. The interviewer was a beautiful American woman, she asked me to swear an oath and have my fingers scanned then I gave my ds 260

TIP: ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BE PREPARED TO GIVE YOUR DS 260. And LISTEN TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE BEFORE YOU WERE GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS LIKE PREPARE YOUR DS 260 AND HABANG NAKAUPO KA IPREPARE MO NA RIN PARA PAG TURN MO NA, PASA AGAD!! DAPAT ACTIVE KASI GUSTO NG AMERICANS MABILISAN BECAUSE TIME IS GOLD FOR THEM.THEY HAVE A LOT TO DO AND YOU HOLDING THEM UP WILL MAKE THEM IRRITATED.

she asked me the standard questions that the Filipina consul asked me.. 
Name? Husband's name? Job? Where does he live? Have I ever been outside the country? My age?  And then she stopped asking and was doing something with her computer.. 
I am a very chatty person so while she was fixing her computer I complimented her eyelashes because she was wearing extensions and ako kasi mahilig rin ako sa make ups and beauty stuff, she said thank you, told her I'm planning to get one as well, then she told me that I better get one before I go to America cuz it's expensive there.. And then she said, OK Lora I'll be endorsing your visa for approval. Expect your visa to be delivered within 2 weeks. I was like.. Ok mam. Uhhh that's it?? She said yea, just get a  pamphlet and update your delivery information online
Me: um so I can go home? 
Her: Yes, and tell the good news to your husband. 
I bid her good bye and thank you and told her to have a nice day. 

TIP: Always be pleasant and pro active. They really appreciate applicants who can answer questions right away, ayaw nila ng paulit ulit  and smile, be confident and as much as possible,dont get an interpreter.. Because you will be migrating to America, it's natural that you should know their language. And the best tip is have faith, prayers really do move mountains. Pray to whoever your God is may it be Allah or Buddha or Jesus, as long as you pray hard and be a good person. Good things will come to you!

"And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it" - The Alchemist.

Thank you so much for this group and shout out to my mommy and angel Katrina Martin. Thank you  for  guiding me and I  will forever be thankful with what you did. I love you sis and may all the blessings and good karma be given to you and your family.

23 minutes ago, Lora18 said:

Visa approved!!
Timeline: 

Interview experience :
My schedule was 6:45 but went there at 6 am, I went straight to the guard and showed my interview appointment letter, he told me to go inside and fall in line which I did, we waited for 30 minutes and they let us in (naawa siguro kasi sobrang lakas ng ulan). 

Second set of lady guards or assistants, idk what they are gave us zip lock bags for our passport, the bio of your passport should be showing. Also show your DS 260 or 160 because they will put a sticker. Follow the line and go inside the embassy.

Inside the embassy, you will go through 2 scanners, just be courtious and follow instructions of the guards because they get irritated easily... 

Next step:
I waited inside for the Pre screening windows to open. And when it was my turn the lady was very pleasant. Her questions were:
What's my name? 
Asked how we met. Asked for the original documents (CENOMAR. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE. BIRTH CERTIFICATE. AOS. NBI, MEDICAL RESULTS) And she asked questions about ourselves. She said me and my husband are very lucky because we are both single, same age and same hobbies which is online gaming and animes and we are both Filipino. Told me to proceed to the window for finger scanning

TIP: BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW, MOISTURIZE YOU HAND ALWAYS KASI MAY PALYA YUNG FINGER SCANNER NILA

Finger scanning experience : I've read a lot about this guy that he gets irritated easily!!
The person  before me was asked to stand aside because their paper isn't ready.. So he took mine instead and asked my name and date of birth then asked me to press my left four fingers without the thumb and I did, isang click lang scan agad (always moisturize your hands sis) then he said very good, now right hand please, then I did as well, and thank God, one click lang ulit na scan na, then asked to press the scanner with my two thumbs and BAM na scan ulit!! he was pleased and he even did a small talk, He smiled and asked so where are you going? And I answered San Diego, California sir, and then he said wow California girl and I gave him the best smile I can give to someone, he told me good luck and I said thank you, and have a good day sir. 

I wasn't really nervous, as long as you know your relationship is genuine ang dali lang ng tanong. The interviewer was a beautiful American woman, she asked me to swear an oath and have my fingers scanned then I gave my ds 260

TIP: ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BE PREPARED TO GIVE YOUR DS 260. And LISTEN TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE BEFORE YOU WERE GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS LIKE PREPARE YOUR DS 260 AND HABANG NAKAUPO KA IPREPARE MO NA RIN PARA PAG TURN MO NA, PASA AGAD!! DAPAT ACTIVE KASI GUSTO NG AMERICANS MABILISAN BECAUSE TIME IS GOLD FOR THEM.THEY HAVE A LOT TO DO AND YOU HOLDING THEM UP WILL MAKE THEM IRRITATED.

Name? Husband's name? Job? Where does he live? Have I ever been outside the country? My age?  And then she stopped asking and was doing something with her computer.. 
I am a very chatty person so while she was fixing her computer I complimented her eyelashes because she was wearing extensions and ako kasi mahilig rin ako sa make ups and beauty stuff, she said thank you, told her I'm planning to get one as well, then she told me that I better get one before I go to America cuz it's expensive there.. And then she said, OK Lora I'll be endorsing your visa for approval. Expect your visa to be delivered within 2 weeks. I was like.. Ok mam. Uhhh that's it?? She said yea, just get a  pamphlet and update your delivery information online

TIP: Always be pleasant and pro active. They really appreciate applicants who can answer questions right away, ayaw nila ng paulit ulit  and smile, be confident and as much as possible,dont get an interpreter.. Because you will be migrating to America, it's natural that you should know their language. And the best tip is have faith, prayers really do move mountains. Pray to whoever your God is may it be Allah or Buddha or Jesus, as long as you pray hard and be a good person. Good things will come to you!

"And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it" - The Alchemist.

Thank you so much for this group and shout out to my mommy and angel Katrina Martin. Thank you  for  guiding me and I  will forever be thankful with what you did. I love you sis and may all the blessings and good karma be given to you and your family.

Congratulations dear😊Hey I am confused they will ask ds260 form or ds260 confirmation page because in my appointment letter it's maintain ds260 confirmation page so 😊It will be thankful if you will be able to reply take care  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Oliva said:

Congratulations dear😊Hey I am confused they will ask ds260 form or ds260 confirmation page because in my appointment letter it's maintain ds260 confirmation page so 😊It will be thankful if you will be able to reply take care  

DS-260 is completed online, you only get a confirmation once finished.   Do print 3 copies of the confirmation page, beside USEM,  SLEC will ask for copies also.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Lora18 said:

Visa approved!!
Timeline: 

Interview experience :

Next step:
What's my name? 

Congrats!! :dancing:

Good write up .   Make sure to add this to your timeline also, so others can find it easily over time.   Thanks

Did you even notice the rain today when you left the embassy, or were you walking on clouds?  :lol: 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

DS-260 is completed online, you only get a confirmation once finished.   Do print 3 copies of the confirmation page, beside USEM,  SLEC will ask for copies also.

Aww 😊Thank you so much

But what is USEM and SLEC I am sorry I couldn't get it 😊

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

1 hour ago, Oliva said:

oh just the confirmation page sweetheart. 

Sorry I was confusing lol

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Congrats!! :dancing:

Good write up .   Make sure to add this to your timeline also, so others can find it easily over time.   Thanks

Did you even notice the rain today when you left the embassy, or were you walking on clouds?  :lol: 

Hahahaha. It was raining cats and dogs, the place was almost flooded and it smelled like poop but I didnt care, I was in a euphoric state lol

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lora18 said:

Hahahaha. It was raining cats and dogs, the place was almost flooded and it smelled like poop but I didnt care, I was in a euphoric state lol

And that is why it is called smell-a-bay. ;) 

Yes it was for sure coming down.   When the weather broke we did a quick dash to SM HyperMart by us for a few things then back before the clouds opened up again.

Party hardy!!  Spend time with family and friends... soon you will be flying!!   :dance:  

You got CFO done already?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Oliva said:

Aww 😊Thank you so much

But what is USEM and SLEC I am sorry I couldn't get it 😊

USEM = U.S. Embassy Manila

SLEC = St. Luke's Extension Clinic

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

And that is why it is called smell-a-bay. ;) 

Yes it was for sure coming down.   When the weather broke we did a quick dash to SM HyperMart by us for a few things then back before the clouds opened up again.

Party hardy!!  Spend time with family and friends... soon you will be flying!!   :dance:  

You got CFO done already?

Yea,the weather yesterday was being cray-cray.. It rains then after a good 10-minute downpour it'll stop then itll rain again. :D

And yea, My husband's gonna come here this september and we'll be flying back together on the 22nd. 

CFO's done, I just have to go back there for the sticker..

BTW, when do i need to apply for greencard?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Lora18 said:

Yea,the weather yesterday was being cray-cray.. It rains then after a good 10-minute downpour it'll stop then itll rain again. :D

And yea, My husband's gonna come here this september and we'll be flying back together on the 22nd. 

CFO's done, I just have to go back there for the sticker..

BTW, when do i need to apply for greencard?

Has the ELIS fee been paid?   https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/how-pay-uscis-immigrant-fee

If your ELIS fee has been paid, upon arrival in the USA your passport will receive an I-551 stamp, 2-6 weeks later your green card will arrive in the mail.

Your SS card should arrive in the mail also.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Has the ELIS fee been paid?   https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/how-pay-uscis-immigrant-fee

If your ELIS fee has been paid, upon arrival in the USA your passport will receive an I-551 stamp, 2-6 weeks later your green card will arrive in the mail.

Your SS card should arrive in the mail also.

Can i pay it now even thought i still dont have the visa? Ceac status is issued tho. Still waiting for delivery..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.