Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have a Question my brother came in US last month and he has a Visit visa B1 B2 and he intend to apply for the i130 i485 and i765 together with his Green Card holder girlfriend is that possible he can apply for the work permit while he wait for the approval? 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

To file the petition I-130, they need to be married first otherwise the petition will be rejected. Once they get Married they must wait for the I-130 to be approved, then they could file for I-765

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



that's incorrect, he can't file for adjustment since his girlfriend is only a resident, spouses of residents don't qualify to adjust status, since the process takes 2 years


they should marry and she can start the process with the i130, but he has to return to his country to wait the process there


he can come to visit but never overstay

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.