legatoblue18

Fiancee Pregnant With Twins - Possible to Expedite K1?

29 posts in this topic

Timeline

After my last visit my fiancee is pregnant with twins (based on the date of conception there's no doubt I'm the father since it falls in the middle of my month long visit), is this a reason USCIS would expedite or give preferential treatment to our case?  I did include this information in the petition.  Also, what causes such a large variance in processing times of petitions?  I have been looking at different timelines and see some get NOA2 very quickly while others take twice as long, some people have Visa in hand after 5 months, others take upwards of 9.  As a first time filer what can I generally expect?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, legatoblue18 said:

is this a reason USCIS would expedite or give preferential treatment to our case?

Nope..

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Congrats on the twins :)

No, being pregnant is not a reason for expedite then there would be A LOT of pregnant people out there doing immigration.

Thanks, any info on why there is such a large variance in processing times?  We are just trying to plan where she will deliver, her due date is early April and I just mailed the petition on September 1st.  If it's finished

in 5-6 months we're hoping she will be able to deliver here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, legatoblue18 said:

Thanks, any info on why there is such a large variance in processing times?  We are just trying to plan where she will deliver, her due date is early April and I just mailed the petition on September 1st.  If it's finished

in 5-6 months we're hoping she will be able to deliver here.

Processing times can be very different because of a lot of things  JFH pretty much explained it so I will not do it also.

Just be aware that giving birth here is expensive and you need to have her on your insurance first also often with twins you give birth earlier. 

What country is she from? And do you have any red flags?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Processing times can be very different because of a lot of things  JFH pretty much explained it so I will not do it also.

Just be aware that giving birth here is expensive and you need to have her on your insurance first also often with twins you give birth earlier. 

What country is she from? And do you have any red flags?

She's a Filipina nurse living and working in Ireland (legally of course).  The only thing I have I'm concerned about is my ex wife falsely accused me of domestic battery which resulted in me being arrested but everything was dropped against me because it was obvious it was total BS. I had it expunged and I sent in all the certified copies showing this etc. 

If you want an idea of a timeline for the k1 here's mine -

K1 documents sent - January 3rd 17

NOA1 - January 10th

RFE - July 23rd (Almsost 7 months to be issued an RFE!!!!) 😡

.......... and stillllll waiting for NOA2. Haha it's not a fun process! 

Obviously every case case is different, but that's mine!

Congrats on the twins!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

when is she due?

I applied on september 2011 and got noa2 on january...visa interview april 3rd. If she is at least 3 months pregnant, that puts her due date sometime february- march. Is very unlikely  you will get her visa approved. Even if is a little bit before that, she wont be able to travel due to her pregnancy...on top of that, she is carrying twins so that means is a high risk pregnancy and usually twin pregnancy don't get to the 40 weeks (usually 34 to 38 weeks).

My adviced would be just to be patient and make peaces with the fact she (most likely) will give birth abroad, which is not an issue for the babies in terms of immigration. Once they are born you can go to the US embassy there and register your babies...

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

If you want an idea of a timeline for the k1 here's mine -

K1 documents sent - January 3rd 17

NOA1 - January 10th

RFE - July 23rd (Almsost 7 months to be issued an RFE!!!!) 😡

.......... and stillllll waiting for NOA2. Haha it's not a fun process! 

Obviously every case case is different, but that's mine!

Congrats on the twins!!

Hi! Wow, your case is taking so long. I am sorry :(
Have you called the USCIS? I guess you have all the rights to be angry now and ask about your case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would recommend her to give a birth in her home country.  It is going to be very expensive to give a birth here with no insurance.  Being fiance will not give you a reason to add her to your insurance.  Like others - being pregnant doesn't make any difference in processing time.  If it does then everyone will get pregnant and we will have a lot of people here just because they want to be in America and it is the easy way to get in.  I also told someone who is in the same situation as you are in, and she was hoping to make a case just because she was pregnant.  Processing date depends on when you apply not the situation that you are in.

Again, I would recommend her to give a birth in her home country and more likely it will be covered by her home country.  In the US, a vaginal birth will cost you up to 8K, and a C Section, will cost you up to 20K.  And with the twins, they will be doubled.

Just chiming in to plus-one the idea of giving birth in Ireland. If she's got healthcare there, you all are much better off having the babies there. Cheaper by miles, plus, you really may not have time to get her on your insurance before they arrive AND because we really don't know how the healthcare law will pan out... it's entirely possible that we'll return to the days of pre-existing condition wait periods or policies not including maternity care. I would not want to roll those dice. With twins, uninsured, you're looking at $100k easily. 

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

1 hour ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Hi! Wow, your case is taking so long. I am sorry :(
Have you called the USCIS? I guess you have all the rights to be angry now and ask about your case

Yes, we call every other week pretty much! 😂 We probably annoy them haha! The last time we spoke to them we were told that we should have our response by September the 7th (this Thursday!!) as that's UCSIS dead line for our case! And if we don't have our response by Thursday we can call and make ANOTHER case enquiry! 

With how things have gone so far I'm guessing we will be submitting another case enquiry! (Yay for us, not!)

Im just hoping to be there by Christmas!!! Is that realistic??? 😩😩

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

Yes, we call every other week pretty much! 😂 We probably annoy them haha! The last time we spoke to them we were told that we should have our response by September the 7th (this Thursday!!) as that's UCSIS dead line for our case! And if we don't have our response by Thursday we can call and make ANOTHER case enquiry! 

With how things have gone so far I'm guessing we will be submitting another case enquiry! (Yay for us, not!)

Im just hoping to be there by Christmas!!! Is that realistic??? 😩😩

Oh geez! You are so strong. Good luck to you! And I hope you'll be there by christmas (and me too. haha. We are the April fillers)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, topazfae said:

Being fiance will not give you a reason to add her to your insurance.

Actually, if she's living here it could give you a reason. I get health insurance through my company. They offer health insurance to domestic partners as well as spouses. A domestic partner is defined as someone you live with that you're in a committed relationship with. I was able to get my fiance health insurance from the day she arrived doing it that way. I just had to submit a form to them saying we lived together and were in a committed relationship. Not sure if that will work for everyone but it worked for us

Edited by optlh0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.