Confused89

NVC change processing times???

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Jorge Ramirez, an Oceanside minister and unauthorized immigrant, didn’t think he would end up in line for deportation when he encouraged his U.S. citizen daughter to vote for now-President Donald Trump.

In line with his conservative religious beliefs, Ramirez considers himself a Republican, he said in an interview at Otay Mesa Detention Center, where he is awaiting deportation proceedings. Border Patrol picked him up after staking out his house early one May morning, and he’s been in the detention facility since.

Read the rest of the story below.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/immigration/sd-me-oceanside-bond-20170630-story.html

Timeline

Hopefully, this clueless and tweeting President who behaves like a dictator by firing anyone who disagrees with him, does not violate the rights of people applying for visas. I understand that we have to curb illegal immigration but don't affect people who are trying to get here legally.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, jakelake said:

Hopefully, this clueless and tweeting President who behaves like a dictator by firing anyone who disagrees with him, does not violate the rights of people applying for visas. I understand that we have to curb illegal immigration but don't affect people who are trying to get here legally.

Our legally elected president is doing what he said he would do.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, missileman said:

Our legally elected president is doing what he said he would do.

What has he accomplished so far? Are you one of the clueless who believe the lies. Stop watching FOX News!

By the way, I am not a Democrat and I am not a Republican. I did not vote for either of the fools.

Only a fool would have confidence in clueless Trump.

Timeline

If the processing times are faster, then it because the back logs have cleared and/or the current administration have succumbed to the public pressures.

We are now off topic. Case closed.

1 hour ago, jakelake said:

If the processing times are faster, then it because the back logs have cleared and/or the current administration have succumbed to the public pressures.

We are now off topic. Case closed.

Just last week i was told by an operator at NVC they are clearing the backlogs, so hopefully things go faster

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mary Lou said:

Just last week i was told by an operator at NVC they are clearing the backlogs, so hopefully things go faster

Is the backlog due to all the November filings?

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

7 minutes ago, MrHanky said:

Is the backlog due to all the November filings?

She didn't say, but i'd say that and December filings could have factored seeing the fee increase that happened Dec 23

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

2 hours ago, jakelake said:

he is not a supporter of immigrants.

He married two! He employs hundreds in his hotels and resorts! He is opposed to illegal immigration and I have no problem with that. I am also opposed to illegal activity in any form. Nothing wrong with that. And he wants to restrict legal immigration by removing certain categories of eligibility, in line with the rest of the world. He has never said he will make the process for those who ARE eligible any more complex or expensive. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 hours ago, jakelake said:

There are no rights when it comes to immigration. Only privileges. No one has the right to immigrate here. The privilege is extended to a certain group of people based in their circumstances (family, business, etc). 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
28 minutes ago, JFH said:

He married two! He employs hundreds in his hotels and resorts! He is opposed to illegal immigration and I have no problem with that. I am also opposed to illegal activity in any form. Nothing wrong with that. And he wants to restrict legal immigration by removing certain categories of eligibility, in line with the rest of the world. He has never said he will make the process for those who ARE eligible any more complex or expensive. 

They have started making it more complex, in person green card interviews now required for some categories and being expanded.

I do agree that it is a privilege and not a right.

One of the main problems is that people end up bringing their whole families and don't play by the rules when they get here and its a burden on tax payers.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mary Lou said:

Hope so too.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, JFH said:

He married two!

He employs hundreds in his hotels and resorts!

He is opposed to illegal immigration and I have no problem with that. I am also opposed to illegal activity in any form. Nothing wrong with that. And he wants to restrict legal immigration by removing certain categories of eligibility, in line with the rest of the world. He has never said he will make the process for those who ARE eligible any more complex or expensive. 

There are immigrants from Europe and then there are immigrants from the rest of the world. Trump seems to think those from non-European countries are problems. He married 2 from European countries.

I am sure that he employs many in his hotels. Guess what? These are jobs many don't want because they are near minimum wage, part time and no health care. Many of these immigrants have no choice if they don't speak English and cannot get another job. There may be some who are illegal!

Numerous people employ immigrants to do their menial jobs and they pay them close to nothing and no insurance, just like Trump.

I am opposed to illegal immigration as well.

My initial point was that the Trump administration may not have anything to do with the back logs getting cleared. That was the whole purpose of this thread. Some of you give Trump too much credit and he has done nothing but tweet. Let's see what he does with North Korea. He is a weak President. All talk and tweet but no action! Let's hope that he does not do anything stupid that will compromise the safety of the US and the rest of the world.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, missileman said:

Really?  Then why didn't he stop ALL immigration?  It is well within his authority to do so if he deemed necessary.

Think about what you typed.....does it make sense or is it just more "I hate Trump" #######?  Our President Trump has no reason to "keep out as many people as possible"...some of you people have been watching too much MSNBC.

He can't change the Immigration law or it's process as immigration law or changing the law required Congress approval, therefore even Trump wants to change the law he can't do it. 

Edited by amiralam45

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, jakelake said:

Trump is just a bigot. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.