K1applicant

Canada K1 visa interview in Montreal?

24 posts in this topic

First question always asked "is it cold?"  No we just use a different temperature system so when we say "30 degrees" you think omg it's snowing and meanwhile we're sunburnt and in a swimsuit.

But I lived in an igloo and had a polar bear as a pet, what would I know?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, NikLR said:

First question always asked "is it cold?"  No we just use a different temperature system so when we say "30 degrees" you think omg it's snowing and meanwhile we're sunburnt and in a swimsuit.

Yeah, but -40's the same in metric and old money. And no matter what the temperature, it can snow any day with "y" in its name.

Yup I do know -40 is -40 and I'm happy to be out of Alberta where it was regularly below -40 for a month a time. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

On 9/2/2017 at 6:01 PM, JFH said:

Yep, you missed the boat with Vancouver. Two years ago you would have been able to go to Vancouver but things have changed.

Some people have to travel to other countries for their interviews. 

I imagine the the Russians feel the same way about having to go to Moscow for their interviews. Great if you live in Moscow, not so great if you live in Vladivostok. 

Yes I imagine someone from Vladivostok would feel the exact same way as I feel now. Hopefully they'll be a little more free to travel than me though - my concern is for my newborn who kinda needs me physically present in order to eat and who I cannot take on a bacteria ridden plane until she's at least a year. 

My kid travelled on planes before a year.  She's 14 and travels by herself now 6-8 times a year.  Rarely is sick.  In fact the only time she got sick travelling to see family was the time I decided to drive on my own for 10 hours when she was 6 months old vs taking the plane. 

3 hours ago, NikLR said:

My kid travelled on planes before a year.  She's 14 and travels by herself now 6-8 times a year.  Rarely is sick.  In fact the only time she got sick travelling to see family was the time I decided to drive on my own for 10 hours when she was 6 months old vs taking the plane. 

That's you, your kid and your situation though, not mine. Every mother makes decisions for her child based on what they think is best and I respect yours because you're that child's mom. For me, I am not comfortable taking her on a plane while she is very small and I have my reasons for feeling that way and making that decision.

Is your fiance planning on helping you out with paperwork and the interview?

Most of the original bit is technically the petitioner's.  My husband pretty much just signed. Lol. But with a baby on the way you have a lot on your plate already. Too bad you arent doing the cr1 so you can get EI upon arrival.  I think you can still get maternity though without an ead

Beyond that i offered advice that your kiddo will be okay, but your choices are yours obviously. 

Edited by NikLR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.