Jeric Barredo

Tips on Philippine passport renewal in Los Angeles and ROM

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jeric Barredo said:

If I send original marriage certificate, will it be returned to me? Also, if I do it in person, can I just like make 5 copies and hand it to them? And what does in mean PSA/NSO? is it not the one we have at birth? does that not count?

Yes you will get the original marriage certificate back, even if mailed, they will return it in the envelope you provided.

NSO is now PSA, the birth certificate needed has to be from PSA.   http://www.psa.gov.ph/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok so from what I am understanding is I have to register online and will have to wait for it to be delivered to me? because my wife has her very original birth certificate when she was born, does that not count as NSO/PSA?

Also, on ROM, if we go up there in person, we just need to have 5 copies of our marriage certificate, correct?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jeric Barredo said:

ok so from what I am understanding is I have to register online and will have to wait for it to be delivered to me? because my wife has her very original birth certificate when she was born, does that not count as NSO/PSA?

Also, on ROM, if we go up there in person, we just need to have 5 copies of our marriage certificate, correct?

You need the PSA birth certificate, not the birth certificate from the local registry 

Thought it was the original and 4 copies  .. requirements are listed in the links I gave you way back at the beginning.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Ok for ROM and Passport renewal, we're gonna need the PSA BC form and not the one we had at birth is that correct? From the link, it looks like I have to register online, pay the fee, have it either sent to our address in Philippines and then mailed here or mailed here directly.

1. It looks like it's gonna take a while for them documents to get here? Our trip to LA is Oct. 3-6 only. Will it make it before our trip?

2. Other people have said, all you need is a valid BC and the one you had at birth counts as well. Is that a true statement? I don't like taking a gamble with these stuff.

3. We will make copies of our Marriage certificate and bring original as well.

2 minutes ago, Jeric Barredo said:

Ok for ROM and Passport renewal, we're gonna need the PSA BC form and not the one we had at birth is that correct? From the link, it looks like I have to register online, pay the fee, have it either sent to our address in Philippines and then mailed here or mailed here directly.

1. It looks like it's gonna take a while for them documents to get here? Our trip to LA is Oct. 3-6 only. Will it make it before our trip?

2. Other people have said, all you need is a valid BC and the one you had at birth counts as well. Is that a true statement? I don't like taking a gamble with these stuff.

3. We will make copies of our Marriage certificate and bring original as well.

If you guys have a birth certificate then I say use that one. My wife and I used the one she has had FOREVER and it literally looks like ancient artifact but they took it. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

If you guys have a birth certificate then I say use that one. My wife and I used the one she has had FOREVER and it literally looks like ancient artifact but they took it. 

If the older that dirt BC was issued by NSO then it was good.

Here are the instructions from the LA consulate, do take note of the link for applying for the Philippines BC  (it goes here: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/default.aspx )

A. Personal Appearance at the Consulate or Consular Outreach

1. Personal Appearance of both Husband and Wife is required
  2. Four (4) original duly accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, signed by both husband and wife in front of the consular officer. Wives should indicate their maiden name as the last name. [ Click Here for the Blank Form Click herefor sample of Filled up Form
  3. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned).
  4. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Birth Certificate of the husband and the wife. [Apply for your Philippine Birth Certificate here].
  5. Four (4) photocopies of a government-issued identification card or passport of both husband and wife
  6. Processing fee of $25.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash, when personally applying or postal money order or cashier’s check made payable to the Philippine Consulate General. Personal check and credit cards are not accepted.
  7. Whether in person or during outreach, bring your own or use the USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (or Box if you have really thick documents)  that is self-addressed and postage prepaid as the return envelope when you want the documents mailed. Check the USPS webpage about priority mail here: USPS PRIORITY MAIL WEBPAGE 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

okay guys thank you so much for all the help and the patience :P with me. I think we will just go there with the BC we had at birth and we'll go with that. we'll bring copies and original marriage certificate forms and we will make sure we get all paperwork done before we get  there. thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.