Jeric Barredo

Tips on Philippine passport renewal in Los Angeles and ROM

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys, if possible, can you please give a list of things to have before I buy 2 flight tickets from texas to LA so that my wife can renew her Philippine passport and we can do ROM as well. I know the things to do I am just confused on some of the things to bring to the embassy. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the Philippines regional forum -- participants in the latter forum might have experience in these country-specific matters.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Jeric Barredo said:

Guys, if possible, can you please give a list of things to have before I buy 2 flight tickets from texas to LA so that my wife can renew her Philippine passport and we can do ROM as well. I know the things to do I am just confused on some of the things to bring to the embassy. Thanks!

Are you in dire need of the passport?   I ask because if you can wait for an outreach event to come to Texas it may save you some traveling.    http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/about-the-consulate/consular-outreach-schedule

ROM can be done by mail, if you just want to get that done.

Anyway here are the links with lists of what is required:

ROM   http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/civil-registry-2/report-of-marriage-of-a-filipino-abroad

Passport renewal   http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/passport/applicant-for-renewal    (in married name? scroll down about half way)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I have read all of this, what I wanted, if possible, are like tips on renewing her passport and ROM? I will read about it later and be more specific like what does PSA birth certificate means and some other clarifications.

4 hours ago, Jeric Barredo said:

I have read all of this, what I wanted, if possible, are like tips on renewing her passport and ROM? I will read about it later and be more specific like what does PSA birth certificate means and some other clarifications.

Where are you looking at to get that information? I am looking at the Los Angeles consulate and it does not have anything about a psa(Philippines Statistics Administration) on there. It does have a original and true copy of the birth certificate. Also if your wife is going there that means you have to go as well. 

Please read the requirements on the consular website listed below:

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/civil-registry-2/report-of-marriage-of-a-filipino-abroad

Edited by cyberfx1024

Timeline

it's on the renewal of passport and yes I will be there with her whenever we go to L.A. We are coming from Texas so I want to make sure that I have everything I need to have before I buy them plane tickets

6 minutes ago, Jeric Barredo said:

it's on the renewal of passport and yes I will be there with her whenever we go to L.A. We are coming from Texas so I want to make sure that I have everything I need to have before I buy them plane tickets

Then make sure you go by the checklist on their website and bring everything on it.

Timeline

I am not sure on the PSA birth certificate, is that like what you have on your birth certificate or it has to be processed again to be PSA perse

1 hour ago, Jeric Barredo said:

I am not sure on the PSA birth certificate, is that like what you have on your birth certificate or it has to be processed again to be PSA perse

No, use the birth certificate that she has with her. My wife had a OLD BC and they still took it. It just has to be a birth certificate.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jeric Barredo said:

Philippines Statics Authority..  PSA  (was NSO)

Can order a BC online  https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

so whatever birth certificate we had at birth in the Philippines, that should be good to go? Also, on the ROM, our wedding certificate just needs to be photocopied 5x correct?

2 hours ago, Jeric Barredo said:

so whatever birth certificate we had at birth in the Philippines, that should be good to go? Also, on the ROM, our wedding certificate just needs to be photocopied 5x correct?

Yes sir to both 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Jeric Barredo said:

You have two choices how to submit the marriage certificate, both require additional copies.  

1) you send the ORIGINAL marriage certificate.

2) you take your original marriage certificate to the county recorder, have it recorded and get a CERTIFIED copy to send instead of the original.

BC must be a PSA (NSO) document.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

If I send original marriage certificate, will it be returned to me? Also, if I do it in person, can I just like make 5 copies and hand it to them? And what does in mean PSA/NSO? is it not the one we have at birth? does that not count?

3 hours ago, Jeric Barredo said:

If I send original marriage certificate, will it be returned to me? Also, if I do it in person, can I just like make 5 copies and hand it to them? And what does in mean PSA/NSO? is it not the one we have at birth? does that not count?

Yes the original marriage certificate will be handed back to you. I thought we already went over the NSO BC didn't we? The PSA/NSO birth certificate is the one she used in the Philippines Embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.