Filed: Other Timeline

Your sister should speak to an expert atty in that field

seem as if all documentation was in , and a sister

co-sponsered there maybe loop-holes that can be 

looked into by an attorney..not DIY. Cant fool yourself

but neither can you give up give up hope due to forum

naysayers

7 hours ago, AMAKA said:

Nicole my case is silmular to yours. My dad filled in 2009. He died in 2014. One year before the visa is available. We did humanitarian in 2015. Made many inquiries and finally they wrote us a letter saying the humanitarian was denied based on them not having all the information we sent to them. Tried using the state representative. Just got general information. I know how frustrating.

My sis already ask help to senator and they say they will check our case in USCIS. And we will wait for their answer.

By the way, how's ur case goin' on Amaka? Do you continue your case or just leave it? 

4 hours ago, Shiobhan said:

Your sister should speak to an expert atty in that field

seem as if all documentation was in , and a sister

co-sponsered there maybe loop-holes that can be 

looked into by an attorney..not DIY. Cant fool yourself

but neither can you give up give up hope due to forum

naysayers

Thank you for your suggestion. Were all frustated on our case and we dont know if we will for it or leave it.

7 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

Sibling visas for Philippines is about 20+ years.

Point is you still have a chance. There are people in the world who want to immigrate to the US that never will step foot in America in their lives. 

Maybe if we will wait for another 20+yrs were on 60's that time. 

Anyway..appreciate your reply. 

God bless! 

4 hours ago, JFH said:

So what's your question? The answer is quite clear. At least you still have a shot with your sister filing a petition. 

My question is? Why immigration told my sister to wait again to review our case since they already informed that our case was rejected? What do they mean? Keep waiting for nothing? What is the sense of humanitarian reinstated if they will only reject our papers. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, NICOLE_MRY said:

My sis already ask help to senator and they say they will check our case in USCIS. And we will wait for their answer.

By the way, how's ur case goin' on Amaka? Do you continue your case or just leave it? 

The state representative stated we have 30 Day to appeal the decision. My lawyer sent the appeal. We have never heard from them. My lawyer suggested we leave it because of Trump presidentency, there has not been favorable outcome in such matters.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
8 hours ago, Hypnos said:

Hypnos gave you this link which details the situation where relief is available for surviving relatives.

The first question is does it apply?

The most common situations I have seen is where someone who is a beneficiary has been in the US on a Work visa or as a Student.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

30 minutes ago, AMAKA said:

The state representative stated we have 30 Day to appeal the decision. My lawyer sent the appeal. We have never heard from them. My lawyer suggested we leave it because of Trump presidentency, there has not been favorable outcome in such matters.

Maybe they should remove the "humanitarian reinstated law" if they're not favorable in such case for like us. What is the use of it? They only give us false hope but in the end they will reject it.

But im still hoping for the good outcome of our case since its still for review.

thanks Amaka. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NICOLE_MRY said:

Maybe they should remove the "humanitarian reinstated law" if they're not favorable in such case for like us. What is the use of it? They only give us false hope but in the end they will reject it.

But im still hoping for the good outcome of our case since its still for review.

thanks Amaka. 

The option applies in certain specific circumstances, I assume you have read it, but not knowing your circumstances makes it difficult to comment further.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Hypnos gave you this link which details the situation where relief is available for surviving relatives.

The first question is does it apply?

The most common situations I have seen is where someone who is a beneficiary has been in the US on a Work visa or as a Student.

That link followed my sis as per immigration told her. She submitted all documents needed and we think she reach the said percentage requirement including her husband documents as co-substitute sponsor. 

My question is why they have a humanitarian reinstated law if they will only reject our case? What is the use of it for have same case like us? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, NICOLE_MRY said:

That link followed my sis as per immigration told her. She submitted all documents needed and we think she reach the said percentage requirement including her husband documents as co-substitute sponsor. 

My question is why they have a humanitarian reinstated law if they will only reject our case? What is the use of it for have same case like us? 

I do not know the details of your case so can not comment.

Some people do benefit, I have seen them post here, can not tell if you qualify in the first place. They say it is discretionary, all the case I have come across which qualified were approved. Not sure of that means much as I have seen very few.

The biggest trip-up to obtaining relief through 204(l) is, as @Boiler said, needing to be resident in the US at the time your petitioning relative died.

Without either the principal applicant or at least one derivative beneficiary being resident in the US at that time, you aren't eligible for 204(l) relief no matter how strong you think your case is.

If you don't qualify under 204(l) then you can apply for humanitarian reinstatement: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/humanitarian-reinstatement. It sounds as if this is what you already tried and it was denied. I don't believe such a denial can be appealed.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

Not sure I remember seeing one, I have seen ot discussed on here:

Evidence that a favorable exercise of discretion is warranted, which may include, but is not limited to:

Impact on family living in the United States (especially U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or others lawfully present);

Advanced age or health concerns;

Lawful residence in the United States for a lengthy period;

Ties or lack thereof to your home country;

Other factors, such as unusually lengthy government processing delays; and

Any and all other factors you believe weigh in favor of reinstatement, with supporting documentation.

Knowing nothing about your situation I have no idea if any of this applies.

Strikes me that if there is a case to made needs in most cases a Lawyer to put a positive spin on it, feels a bot like a waiver.

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

I do not know the details of your case so can not comment.

Some people do benefit, I have seen them post here, can not tell if you qualify in the first place. They say it is discretionary, all the case I have come across which qualified were approved. Not sure of that means much as I have seen very few.

Thank you Boiler. I will rely on some post who was qualified and were approved. Hoping our case will do same. 

I'll keep VS posted. 

6 hours ago, Hypnos said:

The biggest trip-up to obtaining relief through 204(l) is, as @Boiler said, needing to be resident in the US at the time your petitioning relative died.

Without either the principal applicant or at least one derivative beneficiary being resident in the US at that time, you aren't eligible for 204(l) relief no matter how strong you think your case is.

If you don't qualify under 204(l) then you can apply for humanitarian reinstatement: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/humanitarian-reinstatement. It sounds as if this is what you already tried and it was denied. I don't believe such a denial can be appealed.

Appreciate your additional information. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.