34 posts in this topic

USCIS tell us that our paper was already rejected cause our petitioner died .. do we have a chance to revive this case and please can anyone help my my question because we are very hopeless thankyou ! 

Who was the petitioner in relation to you?

The decision is pretty self explanatory. Family based visas are for family reunification. If the petitioner is no longer alive how do you justify the reunification?

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

Who was the petitioner in relation to you?

The decision is pretty self explanatory. Family visas are for family reunification. If the petitioner is no longer alive how do you justify the reunification?

thank you for your quick response.

my father is our petitioner. Since he died last 2010 our petition was approved last 2009. Our PD is on 14 Mar 2006. my sister is one who our substitute sponsor. After 9 months of waiting USCIS informed my sister that our case was already rejected. If theres still hope on our case or should we need a lawyer to revive our case? 

9 minutes ago, mimolicious said:

No, without a petitioner there is no visa.

What do you mean? Though we already applied for humanitarian reinstated. 

Thanking you in advance.

Have your sister start a new petition.

You already tried reviving your father's petition and It was denied. At this point it would be going around in circles if you try again.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

Have your sister start a new petition.

You already tried reviving your father's petition and It was denied. At this point it would be going around in circles if you try again.

No.she applied for humanitarian reinstated as per immigration told her to do it. when everytime she follow up our papers they said its for review. But lately they informed my sister that our petition was rejected.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NICOLE_MRY said:

No.she applied for humanitarian reinstated as per immigration told her to do it. when everytime she follow up our papers they said its for review. But lately they informed my sister that our petition was rejected.

Perhaps it was rejected for another reason, not due to the death?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

8 minutes ago, Going through said:

Perhaps it was rejected for another reason, not due to the death?

What reason? Because immigration told her that the petitioner died so they will not give us visa. 

Well, anyway thank you for ur reply.

Which is the reason why I say that particular petition is likely officially done. No point in continuing to try to revive it. 

Best option is to have sister apply for you. Will take some time but at least you have that option.

Is sis a USC?

4 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Which is the reason why I say that particular petition is likely officially done. No point in continuing to try to revive it. 

Best option is to have sister apply for you. Will take some time but at least you have that option.

Is sis a USC?

4 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Is sis a USC?

We waited for 11yrs on that petition and I think another years again if my sister will apply for it. 

Yeah, She's USC. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nicole my case is silmular to yours. My dad filled in 2009. He died in 2014. One year before the visa is available. We did humanitarian in 2015. Made many inquiries and finally they wrote us a letter saying the humanitarian was denied based on them not having all the information we sent to them. Tried using the state representative. Just got general information. I know how frustrating.

Sibling visas for Philippines is about 20+ years.

Point is you still have a chance. There are people in the world who want to immigrate to the US that never will step foot in America in their lives. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

3 hours ago, NICOLE_MRY said:

Because immigration told her that the petitioner died so they will not give us visa. 

So what's your question? The answer is quite clear. At least you still have a shot with your sister filing a petition. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.