Steeleballz

A Major New Study Shows That Political Polarization Is Mainly A Right-Wing Phenomenon

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

I think RT.com often has American or European articles on the main page of their English language site. The Russian language site has mostly Russian related news. I'm not sure how many Russians actually use RT.com as a news source though. 

Speaker Paul Ryan is pictured. | Getty Images

“Pro-Trump trolls forced Speaker Ryan to bend the knee,” the Twitter provocateur known as Microchip told POLITICO after the statement from Ryan's office was published. | Mark Wilson/Getty Images

Pro-Trump tweeters take credit for pressuring Ryan

Using fake quotes, the president's social-media backers sent out memes suggesting the House speaker supported 'antifa' anarchists. 

By SHAWN MUSGRAVE

08/31/2017 03:07 PM EDT

Pro-Trump Twitter trolls are taking credit for forcing House Speaker Paul Ryan’s office to deliver a sharply worded statement denouncing anti-fascist “antifa” anarchists as “left-wing thugs.”

The Trump supporters on Twitter, who were infuriated by Ryan’s failure to endorse Trump’s view that “both sides” at the Charlottesville rally were to blame for violence, spread a meme with a fabricated quote indicating that Ryan sided with the loose collection of anarchists, who have become a favored punching bag for the right.

“Pro-Trump trolls forced Speaker Ryan to bend the knee,” the Twitter provocateur known as Microchip told POLITICO after the statement from Ryan's office was published.

On Monday, a spoof antifa Twitter account — @CambridgeAntifa — tweeted a collage of rioters and flag-burners dressed in all-black and masks. Superimposed, alongside an unblinking Paul Ryan, was a quote attributed to the speaker: “Do I agree with all of Antifa’s tactics? No. Of course not. But I agree with their core values. Antifa stands for the greater global good. And so do I.”

The endorsement was not real, of course, and fact-checkers quickly debunked the meme. But it took off on social media, particularly after actor James Woods, a loud-and-proud Trump supporter, tweeted it out.

His post was retweeted more than 9,000 times, particularly by members of the pro-Trump “rooms” mapped by POLITICO. Paul Nehlen, who seeks to challenge Ryan for his seat, shared Woods’ post to the tune of 200 retweets. The meme splintered into variants that made their way onto far-right blogs, reddit and 4chan.

Edited by Jacque67

8 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Using fake quotes, the president's social-media backers sent out memes suggesting the House speaker supported 'antifa' anarchists. 

As to the why, obviously fake news is a source of consternation for some, while others have learned to embrace it.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

As to the why, obviously fake news is a source of consternation for some, while others have learned to embrace it.

Indeed. You probably know about this incident, but as a classmate of Gorka's and a Trump U MCL, I must resort to this. Propaganda is a fascinating topic, and I'm learning how to "heel"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleiwitz_incident

1 hour ago, Jacque67 said:

Indeed. You probably know about this incident, but as a classmate of Gorka's and a Trump U MCL, I must resort to this. Propaganda is a fascinating topic, and I'm learning how to "heel"

Well we have seen a lot of examples of the far right going back to the old playbook already. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jacque67 said:

Propaganda can be run from each side.  To sit here and suggest propaganda is only coming from one side is just blantantly false and would put someone in the same pathological lying category as a well known DNC presidential candidate.  I realize that propaganda that agrees with one's political bent is usually overlooked, but it is out right wrong to think that the Left and the Right both don't partake.  Heck the whole Russian hacking/colluding narrative has been thoroughly debunked, but the mainstream media is getting what they wished for, a new Cold War with Russia.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Well we have seen a lot of examples of the far right going back to the old playbook already. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of it. 

Yes, and the far left never used that tactic.  Historical examples would include Lenin, Stalin, Mao, and more recent examples would be Maduro, Kim, the Castro brothers and Antifa.

3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Propaganda can be run from each side.  To sit here and suggest propaganda is only coming from one side is just blantantly false and would put someone in the same pathological lying category as a well known DNC presidential candidate.  

Yet it is done here on a daily basis. And constantly by some. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline
9 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

Yet it is done here on a daily basis. And constantly by some. 

Don't I know it.

:devil:

26 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Yes, and the far left never used that tactic.  Historical examples would include Lenin, Stalin, Mao, and more recent examples would be Maduro, Kim, the Castro brothers and Antifa.

Of course it has been used by both sides of the spectrum. The point of the study is in this particular country, it's a tactic being used more widely and effectively by the far right at the moment. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Of course it has been used by both sides of the spectrum. The point of the study is in this particular country, it's a tactic being used more widely and effectively by the far right at the moment. 

Word!

1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

Propaganda can be run from each side.  To sit here and suggest propaganda is only coming from one side is just blantantly false and would put someone in the same pathological lying category as a well known DNC presidential candidate.   

The mania surrounding the far right's coverage of Hillary was by design. Things like pizzagate are taken straight out of Goebbels playbook. From the CJR study:

This pro-Trump media sphere appears to have not only successfully set the agenda for the conservative media sphere, but also strongly influenced the broader media agenda, in particular coverage of Hillary Clinton.

https://www.cjr.org/analysis/breitbart-media-trump-harvard-study.php

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The mania surrounding the far right's coverage of Hillary was by design. Things like pizzagate are taken straight out of Goebbels playbook. From the CJR study:

https://www.cjr.org/analysis/breitbart-media-trump-harvard-study.php

Bloody-mindedness over Consulate in Frisco: Washington estab./Hillary’s last laugh? Let them own America, but why not own up to the mess?

(Russian Embassy UK tweet 45 mins ago)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

Ha! I did not say there were not loonies on both sides. Nice distraction, and if you think the DailyCaller and Circa are great, good for you! Also, are you a Twitter denier? Oh, well, back in the day, some probably said the Internet was a lot of rubbish.

LOL Jacques on "Twitter Denier" Did you just make that up?

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg