September AOS filers

60 posts in this topic

August 28: package sent

August 29: package delivered

September 14: Package returned - Missing biometrics fee

September 14: Package sent again

September 15: Package delivered 

September 24: All 4 NOAs receipts received on the mail

September 29: Received Biometric appointment letter. Scheduled for 10/12.

October 12: Fingerprinting done for I485 and I765.

December 9: received notice of approval for AP and EAD via mail. Online status didn’t change. 

December 9: received notice of approval for AP and EADvia mail. Online status didn’t change. 

December 13: Received combo card (EAD & AP) Online status still didn’t change. 

16 hours ago, BbviFL said:

December 9: received notice of approval for AP and EADvia mail. Online status didn’t change. 

December 13: Received combo card (EAD & AP) Online status still didn’t change. 

Congrats! I filed exactly one month after you so hopefully I can get by combo card in January

09/28/2017: Package delivered to USCIS

10/04/2017: Priority Date

10/05/2017: SMS/Email Confirmation at 11:34pm CST

10/10/2017: 4 NOA's received in Mail

10/16/2017: Received biometrics appointment letter

?/?/2017: Received letter asking for I-693

10/26/2017: Biometrics appointment

11/01/2017: I-485 case status 'Ready to be scheduled for an interview'

12/28/2017: Inquiry for EAD (via attorney)

01/08/2018: EAD/AP status 'Case was approved' (102 Days)

01/12/2018: EAD/AP Card & approval notice received in mail

09/17/2018: Case status changed to 'Interview Scheduled' (354 days)

11/05/2018: Interview, not approved on-site

11/09/2018: I-485 case status 'New card is being produced' (407 days)

11/13/2018: both I-485 and I-130 case status showing 'Case was approved'

11/16/2018: I-485 case status 'Card was Mailed' with tracking number

11/17/2018: Green card delivered. I-485 case status 'Card was delivered' (415 days)

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2017 at 4:31 PM, denvercoder said:

Just an update on my case, if anyone is in a similar boat:

I got my AP on Saturday. It was approved on the 17th of November and got it in the mail on the 25th. I both requested an expedite with USCIS (over the phone, faxed over documents) and also asked my congressman to inquire on my behalf. The reason for expediting may have helped: I have an academic conference I'm presenting a paper at in Chile, which was the basis for requesting the advanced parole. 

I'm not sure what pushed it through, but the fact of the matter is that the congressman sent the inquiry in on the 16th and on the 17th they approved it, could be coincidence but I think that had something to do with it.

Interestingly, I just got the AP, no EAD yet (I only requested to expedite the AP). All I can say is if you have some pressing reason to expedite your AP, use all the tools available to you and it may just happen. I also did an infopass appointment hoping they'd give me the AP on the spot but no chance of that.

Hi denvercoder! So I'm in exactly the same boat as you were, and they rejected my request to expedite my AP. How far in advance of your conference did you apply for the expedite? I also got the same RFIE as you did, so your posts on here have been super helpful!!

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/3/2018 at 10:09 PM, Hamilton said:

Hi denvercoder! So I'm in exactly the same boat as you were, and they rejected my request to expedite my AP. How far in advance of your conference did you apply for the expedite? I also got the same RFIE as you did, so your posts on here have been super helpful!!

Hi Hamilton!

Sorry to hear they rejected your expedite AP request, did you ask for help from your representative or just called USCIS and asked to expedite?

The conference was on December 10th, and I called to request to expedite on November 6th. The reason for expediting was financial loss to employer/institution, as the university had already paid for my tickets/registration and would lose that if I did not go. 

So far no updates on the RFIE I got, and no EAD yet, hopefully I hear something this month.

Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Eruthos said:

Did anyone get an invitation for interview yet? I have not, but hope to hear something soon!!

Not yet. My local office is taking about 13-14 months on average to process applications so I don’t expect to get an interview notice until September, October:(

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I did get my interview notice. it is going to be on March 27th. I wasn't expecting it at all since my field office appears to be really backed up. we'll see how it goes. hopefully they would approve us in the spot. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 9:23 PM, Lina M. Rodriguez said:

I did get my interview notice. it is going to be on March 27th. I wasn't expecting it at all since my field office appears to be really backed up. we'll see how it goes. hopefully they would approve us in the spot. 

How was your interview?? 

• 5 months later...

AOS accepted as of 9/5/2018. To anyone who has applied this year, whats the time frame for work authorization, Advance parole and AOS approval? 

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, martin bk said:

Well last Christmas I got my EAD, this Christmas  my interview. 

12/26/2018. Will let you know how it goes. 

That's great. 

My office processing time is up to 25 months. =/

Waiting for my EAD and parole renewal. 

Let us know how it goes! 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 10:15 PM, martin bk said:

Well my GC is being produced. 

Got the notification yesterday.  So glad that the waiting is over. 

Your interview was in December and your Green Card is just now being produced? Did you have any issues in the interview? 

I’m still waiting for them to schedule mine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 7:44 AM, BbviFL said:

Your interview was in December and your Green Card is just now being produced? Did you have any issues in the interview? 

I’m still waiting for them to schedule mine.

Well originally I started the cr1 but came to visit and my husband asked me to stay so we did AOS- the delay came because USCIS couldn’t give an answer until all the documents had been received and my original application was stuck at the nvc - it was requested in October 2017 and the field office in Salt Lake still didn’t have it at the time of my interview even though it had been requested again in May 2018. So I had to wait for them to send the file or report it lost before I got the official answer and green card - I waited roughly an extra 7 weeks but once I got the notification it was being produced it got it about a week later. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.