IAMX

Sarsour Caught Exploiting Hurricane Harvey. Then She Calls Critics 'White Supremacists Obsessed With Smearing Women Of Color'

29 posts in this topic

Timeline

After she was caught exploiting Hurricane Harvey to fund a leftist political group this week and was blistered by those who recognized the scam, leftist icon Linda Sarsour doubled down on Thursday, accusing those who criticized her of being “white supremacists obsessed with smearing women of color.”

sarsour.jpg

Even before that, Sarsour accused her critics of being members of the alt-right:

"Alt-right" must have sent out an email blast. My mentions are on steroids.

— Linda Sarsour (@lsarsour) August 30, 2017

So the fact that Sarsour wanted to funnel donations to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, whose parent group is the Texas Organizing Project, an outgrowth of the leftist corrupt group ACORN, shouldn’t have been an issue because Sarsour didn’t create the leftist group, only advertising it as disaster relief? And anyone criticizing her had to be a white supremacist?

Sarsour’s doubling down elicited justifiable contempt:

Gets caught lying and plays the race card. Whether or not PAC was yours is irrelevant, it's the fact that you did it in the first place.

— Justen (@blanco_basura) August 31, 2017

You stole money from #Harvey victims. Not sure you have the high ground here.

— EducatédHillbilly™ (@RobProvince) September 1, 2017

The fact is it's a PAC and not a relief organization. Why do you deflect and call people names ("white supremacists") when you get caught?

— silent echo7 (@SilentEchoSeven) August 31, 2017

Typical. Backed into a corner. Make yourself the victim.

— Sherry Hewitt (@SherryHewitt5) August 31, 2017

I'm a Turkish American. A country with a 97% Muslim majority.

I think what you did is absolutely disgraceful. Am I a white supremacist?

— Cate Doge (@realCateDoge) August 31, 2017

"I'm busted, what do I do?? Oh yeah, RACISM!"

— Rusty Whitten (@pystryker) September 1, 2017

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20513/sarsour-caught-exploiting-hurricane-harvey-then-hank-berrien

- Funnels money from Harvey relief

- Pretends to be victim

Pretty typical. :rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

looks like her tweet is dead on.

go to the daily caller version of this article for less pop ups..

How so?  The fact that she linked to a political action committee attempting to raise funds for who knows what, or that she immediately attacked those criticizing her as racist?  

:bonk:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just now, Bill & Katya said:

How so?  The fact that she linked to a political action committee attempting to raise funds for who knows what, or that she immediately attacked those criticizing her as racist?  

:bonk:

run of the mill smear, we all know how the daily caller *cough* daily wire feel about muslims. and women 'leftists'. it's nonsense.

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

run of the mill smear, we all know how the daily caller *cough* daily wire feel about muslims. and women 'leftists'. it's nonsense.

So she follows that up with a "Basket of Deplorables" attack?  Kind of the same tactic Trump uses.  I thought that was bad?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Sarsour is just a victim of white supremacy. We need more Antifa.

Yes, the world needs more fascists!

:jest:

3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So she follows that up with a "Basket of Deplorables" attack?  Kind of the same tactic Trump uses.  I thought that was bad?

funny that you call that an attack. do you think she hurt someone's feelings? sad.

and she was exactly right, the alt right did put out an attack, gobble gobble.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Lovely person:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/anti-trump-resistance-hero-linda-sarsour-steers-harvey-relief-funds-to-political-activist-group/article/2632988

Anti-Trump 'resistance' hero Linda Sarsour steers Harvey relief funds to political activist group

You never want a serious crisis to go to waste, apparently.

Progressive activist and Women's March co-organizer Linda Sarsour is under fire this week for sharing a misleading pitch for Hurricane Harvey relief funds. This particular controversy begins with a tweet.

The Palestinian-American left-wing activist published the following message early Tuesday morning: "Donate to the #Harvey Hurricane Relief Fund."

Her note links to a fundraising webpage maintained by the Texas Organizing Project Education Fund. This organization is not exactly in the disaster relief business. Rather, the TOP is an activist organization, whose chief focus is advancing political goals through elections.

The group uses "community organizing, and civic and electoral engagement" and it "conducts direct action organizing, grassroots lobbying and electoral organizing," according to its webpage. "With every campaign we run, every issue we fight for and every neighborhood we organize, we focus on creating effective ways to ensure that voices of low income and minority communities are not only heard, but that they have sufficient power to advance their issues."

Now as to their hurricane relief fund webpage, which is sponsored by multiple left-wing and labor groups, including the Service Employees International Union, the Communication Workers of America, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid and the Workers Defense Project: The TOP promises that donations will be used to organize and raise awareness and legal aid for displaced Houstonians.

"Together we will organize and advocate for our devastated communities, shining a spotlight on inequalities that emerge in the restoration of lives, livelihoods, and homes, amplifying the needs of hard-hit communities, and providing legal assistance for residents wrongfully denied government support," reads the Texas Organizing Project Education Fund's hurricane relief page, which allows user to donate anywhere between $20 and $10,000.

"Your donation is vital to ensuring that we have the resources we need to organize and fight for Texans devastated by Hurricane Harvey!" the page added.

Many have characterized Sarsour's relief fund tweet as a form of bait-and-switch. Who can blame them? If someone tweets, "Donate to the #Harvey Hurricane Relief Fund," you're not crazy for assuming they are asking you to help pay for immediate humanitarian aid, not to pay activists to organize or raise awareness.

That said, it's worth mentioning that the TOP has a record of assisting hurricane victims in low-income and minority communities, as noted by the Weekly Standard's Andrew Egger.

"After Hurricane Ike hit Houston in 2008, the group lobbied the government to ensure that federal reconstruction funds would go toward helping repair the homes of low-income residents," he wrote.

Sarsour, for her part, maintained Wednesday that she did not mislead anyone, explaining that she was merely sharing a list of "dozens of [organizations] to support" that had been provided to her by other activists, some of whom explicitly oppose the Red Cross' relief efforts.

"Long term support/advocacy needed too," she added on social media. "TOP is one of many organizations on this list you can choose to support. Grassroots orgs on ground. Long term needed."

Her explanation is a clear admission that she's aware that the fund to which she directed her followers doesn't provide immediate humanitarian relief to the hurricane's victims, and that the supposed "relief funds" will come in the form of community organizing and possible future legal aid.

She should have provided that information to her 230,000-plus followers from the get-go, and there's no good reason for why she didn't. It's almost as if she wanted to mislead well-intentioned people. But no one would be that ghoulish, right?

Sarsour did not respond to the Washington Examiner's request for comment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Lovely person:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/anti-trump-resistance-hero-linda-sarsour-steers-harvey-relief-funds-to-political-activist-group/article/2632988

Anti-Trump 'resistance' hero Linda Sarsour steers Harvey relief funds to political activist group

You never want a serious crisis to go to waste, apparently.

Progressive activist and Women's March co-organizer Linda Sarsour is under fire this week for sharing a misleading pitch for Hurricane Harvey relief funds. This particular controversy begins with a tweet.

The Palestinian-American left-wing activist published the following message early Tuesday morning: "Donate to the #Harvey Hurricane Relief Fund."

Her note links to a fundraising webpage maintained by the Texas Organizing Project Education Fund. This organization is not exactly in the disaster relief business. Rather, the TOP is an activist organization, whose chief focus is advancing political goals through elections.

The group uses "community organizing, and civic and electoral engagement" and it "conducts direct action organizing, grassroots lobbying and electoral organizing," according to its webpage. "With every campaign we run, every issue we fight for and every neighborhood we organize, we focus on creating effective ways to ensure that voices of low income and minority communities are not only heard, but that they have sufficient power to advance their issues."

Now as to their hurricane relief fund webpage, which is sponsored by multiple left-wing and labor groups, including the Service Employees International Union, the Communication Workers of America, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid and the Workers Defense Project: The TOP promises that donations will be used to organize and raise awareness and legal aid for displaced Houstonians.

"Together we will organize and advocate for our devastated communities, shining a spotlight on inequalities that emerge in the restoration of lives, livelihoods, and homes, amplifying the needs of hard-hit communities, and providing legal assistance for residents wrongfully denied government support," reads the Texas Organizing Project Education Fund's hurricane relief page, which allows user to donate anywhere between $20 and $10,000.

"Your donation is vital to ensuring that we have the resources we need to organize and fight for Texans devastated by Hurricane Harvey!" the page added.

Many have characterized Sarsour's relief fund tweet as a form of bait-and-switch. Who can blame them? If someone tweets, "Donate to the #Harvey Hurricane Relief Fund," you're not crazy for assuming they are asking you to help pay for immediate humanitarian aid, not to pay activists to organize or raise awareness.

That said, it's worth mentioning that the TOP has a record of assisting hurricane victims in low-income and minority communities, as noted by the Weekly Standard's Andrew Egger.

"After Hurricane Ike hit Houston in 2008, the group lobbied the government to ensure that federal reconstruction funds would go toward helping repair the homes of low-income residents," he wrote.

Sarsour, for her part, maintained Wednesday that she did not mislead anyone, explaining that she was merely sharing a list of "dozens of [organizations] to support" that had been provided to her by other activists, some of whom explicitly oppose the Red Cross' relief efforts.

"Long term support/advocacy needed too," she added on social media. "TOP is one of many organizations on this list you can choose to support. Grassroots orgs on ground. Long term needed."

Her explanation is a clear admission that she's aware that the fund to which she directed her followers doesn't provide immediate humanitarian relief to the hurricane's victims, and that the supposed "relief funds" will come in the form of community organizing and possible future legal aid.

She should have provided that information to her 230,000-plus followers from the get-go, and there's no good reason for why she didn't. It's almost as if she wanted to mislead well-intentioned people. But no one would be that ghoulish, right?

Sarsour did not respond to the Washington Examiner's request for comment.

Friend of the Democrats, friend of nutty lefties. Bernie gave her a platform during his rallies.

Edited by IAMX

Timeline
1 minute ago, IAMX said:

Friend of the Democrats, friend of nutty lefties. Bernie gave her a platform during his rallies.

But, but

Trump excuses all.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sarsour, for her part, maintained Wednesday that she did not mislead anyone, explaining that she was merely sharing a list of "dozens of [organizations] to support" that had been provided to her by other activists, some of whom explicitly oppose the Red Cross' relief efforts.

Ping-Institute-Much-ado-about-Nothing-34

Timeline
25 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Even robbing victims of aid. 

Anything for social justice.

Trump excuses all.