dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2017

641 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Confused89 said:

Can i get a few people to tell me what month of cr2 visa's the NvC is working on? Also recently i have been seeing people getting case completes in less then 6 weeks is this true? Is the delay times dropping? My scan date is august 22,2017 im hoping i get a CC by the end of september from what i see! 

My scan date was June 28th and I got CC on August 31 so most likely they are working on beginning of July scan dates right now. I waited 10 weeks and recieved a checklist then waited 9 weeks and 1 day to receive CC. Good luck!! 

Edited by Adreamer

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 minute ago, Adreamer said:

My scan date was June 28th and I got CC on August 31 so most likely they are working on beginning of July scan dates right now. I waited 10 weeks and recieved a checklist then waited 9 weeks and 1 day to receive CC. Good luck!! 

Was june 28 your second scan date?

Timeline
Just now, Adreamer said:

Yes. April 3rd was my first and I received checklist on June 10th then my second scan date was June 28th

Im guessing you arent using a attorney. Do you know your interview date yet? Congratulations on your CC. I have a scan date of august 22 and cant wait to be done already i hope i dont get a check list

Timeline
Just now, Confused89 said:

Im guessing you arent using a attorney. Do you know your interview date yet? Congratulations on your CC. I have a scan date of august 22 and cant wait to be done already i hope i dont get a check list

I am using a attorney. The problem was miscommunication with family getting documents and they didn't get the right type of document that nvc requires. Nvc had recently changed the type of documents they are excepting for our country. Then it took 2 weeks to request and receive the different type. No interview date yet.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Adreamer said:

I am using a attorney. The problem was miscommunication with family getting documents and they didn't get the right type of document that nvc requires. Nvc had recently changed the type of documents they are excepting for our country. Then it took 2 weeks to request and receive the different type. No interview date yet.

Oh im sorry to hear that! I would be pissed! Which country is this?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Confused89 said:

Honduras. Funny thing is I have a friend that was about a month ahead of us in nvc and they accepted her document which was the same one we sent but denied ours. Yea it was a set back but in our case/ personal life it kind of worked out for the best.

Edited by Adreamer

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Confused89 said:

It also depends on the country when it comes to how long it takes. Ours has been taking the same amount of time to process for a couple months now. I don't see anyone from your country on the spreadsheet but you can use the portal tab and try to find timelines from your country to estimate the time. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

It also depends on the country when it comes to how long it takes. Ours has been taking the same amount of time to process for a couple months now. I don't see anyone from your country on the spreadsheet but you can use the portal tab and try to find timelines from your country to estimate the time. 

Thats interesting then mine should go QUICKLY! Because im at the Budapest Hungary embassy and there is like no one ever there for cr1's

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Confused89 said:

What do you mean the ckecklist closed in 4 weeks? When was your scan date? And CC?

First scan date 5/24

Got checklist on 7/24

Second scan date 7/30

Case closed 8/28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Confused89 said:

Thats interesting then mine should go QUICKLY! Because im at the Budapest Hungary embassy and there is like no one ever there for cr1's

hopefully, but there's no telling on how they actually determine whats getting processed when besides priority date.

I'm assuming high fraud risk countries take longer.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, Confused89 said:

Unless there is a legal that requires one, why is an attorney necessary?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Unless there is a legal that requires one, why is an attorney necessary?

Everyone is different, some people don't have the time and patience, some just aren't very organized or easily confused, and its better for them to have someone handle it for them. Although using one of those services is probably cheaper and more more trustworthy than an attorney.

CR-1 Visa

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, MrHanky said:

Everyone is different, some people don't have the time and patience, some just aren't very organized or easily confused, and its better for them to have someone handle it for them. Although using one of those services is probably cheaper and more more trustworthy than an attorney.

I have seen so many people get RFEs despite using an attorney. Why pay someone if they are not doing things the right way?

Also, patience is key in this process. An attorney will not expedite the process.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jakelake said:

I have seen so many people get RFEs despite using an attorney. Why pay someone if they are not doing things the right way?

Also, patience is key in this process. An attorney will not expedite the process.

Well, same answer as above.

As far as expedite, some people have the impression that it will, either cause the attorney told them or by their own fault.

CR-1 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.