dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2017

641 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

They will have the same email they had for USCIS. Once they receive your case I believe you can call and give both the beneficiary's and petitioner's email addresses so you both get notifications. Are you going to be your own agent?

Yes, I am going to be the agent. How do I know when they have received my case from USCIS, before they send me the notification. Do I need to call and speak to someone and ask or is there an automated number I can call to find out if they have it? If so, what do I use for them to search for my case, my USCIS receipt number?

9 minutes ago, isittimeyet said:

Yes, I am going to be the agent. How do I know when they have received my case from USCIS, before they send me the notification. Do I need to call and speak to someone and ask or is there an automated number I can call to find out if they have it? If so, what do I use for them to search for my case, my USCIS receipt number?

You can call them after 10 days I would say to see if they have your case # and invoice #. If they do, you can get started on the ceac website before they send you the welcome email.

Yes, you use the USCIS case number until you get your NVC case number. Their number is (603) 334-0700. They work 7 am to midnight weekdays. Calling 7-8 am and after 10 pm have shorter wait times.

Hi Everyone.... I'm reaching out to you for an answer, or guidance.  I have Paid my Visa Fees Aug 9, however the Ceac webiste is showing "IN PROCESS", I was able to confirm with an agent that my fees have been processed and there is a problem with their webiste.  I have sent an email with a snip it of the withdrawel from the bank.  I have  called to see if they are going to have it updated soon so that I can file my AOS and DS260. I'm only being told they are working on it....  Anyone else having trouble with this?  I'm going insane waiting to be able to file documentation!

Thanks

Edited by Monctontm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Oushady said:

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for CR1 visa, today I checked the status of the application and it's saying "At NVC". My scan date is August 2nd. Does that mean that I have a CC ? I also checked the status of AOS fees but it says "paid" and didn't disappear as it should when you have a CC. I'm confused, I don't know if I'm having a CC or not ? 

Yes it mean cc , u can call Nvc to

confirm , congrats 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Segun1988 said:

Yes it mean cc , u can call Nvc to

confirm , congrats 

Thank you so much !!! I hope it's a CC. I guess I have to wait until Tuesday to call them since Monday is labor day in USA.

It's hard for me to believe that we got a CC in only 4 weeks !

I hope it's true.

2 hours ago, Leah09 said:

You can call them after 10 days I would say to see if they have your case # and invoice #. If they do, you can get started on the ceac website before they send you the welcome email.

Yes, you use the USCIS case number until you get your NVC case number. Their number is (603) 334-0700. They work 7 am to midnight weekdays. Calling 7-8 am and after 10 pm have shorter wait times.

Thank you for all your help. Was it really that quick from I130 approval to sending all the documents to NVC for you, 24 days?

5 minutes ago, isittimeyet said:

Thank you for all your help. Was it really that quick from I130 approval to sending all the documents to NVC for you, 24 days?

You welcome! Yes, I was approved on August 1st and NVC received it on the 16th (I called on the 17th). Then on the 18th I got the welcome letter and I completed everything in a week, although I even had problems with the payment portal but every step was processed in a day or 2 so I was able to move quickly.

23 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

You welcome! Yes, I was approved on August 1st and NVC received it on the 16th (I called on the 17th). Then on the 18th I got the welcome letter and I completed everything in a week, although I even had problems with the payment portal but every step was processed in a day or 2 so I was able to move quickly.

That's awesome, are you the American citizen or are you the alien?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all,

New poster here, but I have been reading some of the articles and following this thread for a while.

September is my third month at NVC. I completed DS-260 in mid June, and my sponsor had all the documents sent in late June, but we have received neither a checklist, nor an CC from NVC.

My category is F1 and on the portal it simply says "at NVC."

I guess i am just beginning to wonder what the hold up is, but i also know there isn't much i can do in the way of fast tracking the immigration process. I simply must wait my turn. Calling is not an option for me.

So here i am introducing myself and joining the other would be immigrants just for moral support if not for anything else.

Thanks for the very useful information on the site by the way. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all!

My case was approved 8/22. Just waiting now for my case and invoice numbers so I can get the ball rolling. I will be calling NVC next week to check the status. My plan is to call twice a week, beginning and end. Just glad to finally be out of Nebraska after 8.5 months of waiting. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
10 hours ago, mstein said:

We got our Welcome email yesterday (September 1st), and we already paid both fees. So nice to see some movement after being stuck in Nebraska for so long. Quick question: everything I read prepared me to start by filling out the agent choice form (DS261), but it was skipped in our case. We were able to pay the fees right away. Is this common? Im just hoping it isn't a glitch. 

That happened to me, i filed the I-130 with an attorney and they put him as agent, i went straight to the payments too, i did not have to wait a week to make the payments.  

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
2 hours ago, Oushady said:

Thank you so much !!! I hope it's a CC. I guess I have to wait until Tuesday to call them since Monday is labor day in USA.

I hope it's true.

Waaooo, Congratulations!!!

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

6 hours ago, Segun1988 said:

I'm in Nigeria and my wife is in USA so we submitted in th US,I got a checklist for police report certificate after I submitted th document, my wife called Nvc and th rep told her it will take 11 weeks and she asked to speak to supervisor because we already waited 11 so we can't wait for another 11 weeks . So it happens in a miracleous way 

My mother in law called NVC and asked to talk to a supervisor but the supervisor told her we have to wait the 11 weeks. My husband is going back to the States today so hopefully when he gets there he can start calling and get things moving. Thanks for replying to my comment, I hope your whole process ends soon :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Oushady said:

I hope it's true.

I got cc in 7 days after my second scan date my status changes to " at NVC " I called and they confirmed it's cc 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.