108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Teddy B said:

Not to get off topic, but hurricanes is what makes me think twice about purchasing property in Florida and any of the gulf coast states in general. Wife and I are seriously thinking of changing our retirement plans from heading south to staying right here in New England, maybe Maine or New Hampshire and then just visiting Florida for a few months in the winter. The worst thing we have to worry about up here is a few feet of snow from time to time.

I've been thinking about what I will do in retirement.  Stay in FL?  Maybe move up north and drive SLOW in the left lane!

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

28 minutes ago, Neonred said:

I've been thinking about what I will do in retirement.  Stay in FL?  Maybe move up north and drive SLOW in the left lane!

You'd need to throw some studded snows on that prowler during the winter for sure.

Not sure where your place in the Keys is, but are you familiar with the Netflix series "Bloodline" that was filmed on the Keys? Wife and I are coming to the end of season 3, which is the final season. It's a pretty good show and some of the places they show in the Keys are amazingly beautiful.

14 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

You'd need to throw some studded snows on that prowler during the winter for sure.

Not sure where your place in the Keys is, but are you familiar with the Netflix series "Bloodline" that was filmed on the Keys? Wife and I are coming to the end of season 3, which is the final season. It's a pretty good show and some of the places they show in the Keys are amazingly beautiful.

Loved that show , but the end of season 3 is dumb and I think they got lazy.  I won't spoil it but let me know what you think.

6 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Loved that show , but the end of season 3 is dumb and I think they got lazy.  I won't spoil it but let me know what you think.

I will NB. We're starting episode #5 of season 3 tonight and should be done with it by the weekend. I can see how the story line has taken a bit of a dip in season 3, but it's still pretty good. I just hope that weasel brother Kevin gets what's coming to him, lol.

4 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

I will NB. We're starting episode #5 of season 3 tonight and should be done with it by the weekend. I can see how the story line has taken a bit of a dip in season 3, but it's still pretty good. I just hope that weasel brother Kevin gets what's coming to him, lol.

Check out animal kingdom on tnt. Best new show in years 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

Yes, have seen all of Bloodline.  Know all of those places that they filmed in.  My place is a bit further on down in Big Pine, a great island that is far enough down that most of the Miami day trippers don't go there.  Also only about 28 miles from Key West in case we or our friends want that experience.

I too was wondering ####### happened at the end of season 3.  Guess they just decided since the job was ending anything was good enough.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Teddy B said:

Do they make studded snow tires in that size? LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Neonred said:

It's hot, it's humid, most of the gas stations are out of gas, and people are in an unnecessary panic from watching too much weather channel.  About half of my patients have cancelled and left the area. 

I still need to go out and find gas for the generator.  Maybe tonight at midnight the lines won't be so long at the stations that have fuel.

Fingers-crossed you are OK.

wow, look at this!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/island-barbuda-literally-water-hurricane-irma-article-1.3475281

miami-dade mayor has ordered a mandatory evacuation for 150k residents who live on the barrier islands and some coastal areas of biscayne bay.

UN says Irma could affect 37M people.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Fingers-crossed you are OK.

wow, look at this!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/island-barbuda-literally-water-hurricane-irma-article-1.3475281

miami-dade mayor has ordered a mandatory evacuation for 150k residents who live on the barrier islands and some coastal areas of biscayne bay.

UN says Irma could affect 37M people.

If Miami takes a direct hit it will be awful.  A lot of hi rise buildings underconstruction with cranes on top.  No time to remove them.  Have you seen Hard Rock Stadium, once known as Joe Robbie Stadium?  Was there last week to see Coldplay and wondered what would happen to that place in a hurricane.  Towers with cables holding up cantilevered semi roof. 

Some good news.  Using Gasbuddy's emergency response tool I was able to track down gasoline near me.  Enough gas to keep the generator running for a few days.

Severe weather wont hit here until late Friday or early Saturday.  I've got work to do yet.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Neonred said:

If Miami takes a direct hit it will be awful.  A lot of hi rise buildings underconstruction with cranes on top.  No time to remove them.  Have you seen Hard Rock Stadium, once known as Joe Robbie Stadium?  Was there last week to see Coldplay and wondered what would happen to that place in a hurricane.  Towers with cables holding up cantilevered semi roof. 

Some good news.  Using Gasbuddy's emergency response tool I was able to track down gasoline near me.  Enough gas to keep the generator running for a few days.

Severe weather wont hit here until late Friday or early Saturday.  I've got work to do yet.

Ah, that's good news about the gasoline.

correction to my former post: Biscayne park not included.

mandatory evacuation effective from Thurs 7am for mobile homes, residents of zone A and the Barrier islands, per Miami-Dade county.

MIAMI (September 06, 2017) — 

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez has issued a mandatory evacuation order for mobile homes, residents of Zone A, and the Barrier Islands, which include: Bal Harbour, Bay Harbour Islands, Golden Beach, Indian Creek Village, Miami Beach, North Bay Village, Sunny Isles Beach and Surfside.

This order is effective as of 7 a.m., Thursday, September 7, 2017.

All residents are advised to remain calm and to stay tuned to radio and television broadcasts for further advisories. Evacuees should move as soon as possible to the homes of friends or family who live outside of evacuation areas.

Today, at 5 p.m. four shelters opened, and tomorrow at 9 a.m., an additional four shelters will be open.

Facility Name

Address

City/Neighborhood

Zip Code

North Miami Beach Senior

1247 NW 167 St.

North Miami Beach

South Miami Senior

6856 SW 53 St

South Miami

Felix Varela Senior

15255 SW 96 St

West Kendall

Pet Friendly Shelter

10901 Coral Way

Miami

All residents not located in an evacuation area should complete actions to protect their homes and seek safe shelter. 

Miami-Dade County residents needing weather and storm information should monitor radio and television stations.

Editor’s note: Biscayne Park was inadvertently included in the Mayor’s remarks but it is not part of the evacuation order.

Timeline

I am about 100 miles due west of Ft Lauderdale.  Hoping Irma stays to the east and off the coast.  West side of the storm is always less intense.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Neonred said:

I am about 100 miles due west of Ft Lauderdale.  Hoping Irma stays to the east and off the coast.  West side of the storm is always less intense.

👍

no, I don't know the Hard Rock Stadium. What's your favourite Coldplay song?