Suprano

Is this a false checklist ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

So on july 29th 2017  my mother gets a checklist to send 2016 taxes and it says

"Do not send the corrected form and documents to NVC. Instead, give all requested
documents to the visa applicant, who should present them to the consular officer during the
visa interview."

One week Later,  on  02-AUG-17

i, the beneficiary gets a letter that says this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.  The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.....

Do you guys think this is a false checklist ?

How lond do you think i will get my interview ?

Thank you sooo much guys

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Sounds like a "real" checklist which instructs the applicant to bring the requested items to the interview rather than the petitioner sending them by mail to NVC.  Getting an interview can take a few days, a few weeks, or a few months.

Congratulations!!!  Time to prepare for the interview.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There are two types of checklist, and neither of them is a "false" checklist.

The dreaded version is one that requires that additional documents be submitted to the NVC for review. This checklist is usually for deficiencies in the main documents, such as birth certificate, police certificate, I-864, etc.

The other version (the one that you got) is just a request that additional documents be provided at the time of the interview. This checklist is usually for more minor issues. I got one similar to yours where it asked for additional W-2's for 2016 to help show the sources of my various income since I filed jointly with my spouse and my W-2 did not cover the entire income claimed on the return. Like the one you recieved, my checklist only requested that they be provided at the interview and did not need to be submitted to the NVC.

Edited by EG&XY

Relationship:     First met 2015, Married since Oct 2016

Spoiler

2015 Apr - First met and started chatting online (he was in the US on a J-1 visa)

2015 Sep - J-1 visa expires (2 year home stay requirement)

2016 Feb - First trip to China (10 days): met friends and family, celebrated Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), lots of sightseeing (including seeing pandas), and lots of food

2016 Feb 06 - Purchase matching jade necklaces to mark engagement

2016 Jun/Jul - Second trip to China (10 days): lots more sightseeing, food, and time with friends/family

2016 Sep/Oct - Third trip to China (10 days) this time with my parents so that my parents could meet him and his mom, along with lots of sightseeing and food (i'm sure you've picked up on a trend by now :D)

2016 Oct - At the end of the time in China my parents, myself, and Xuan all traveled to Canada (7 days) so that we could get married, but unfortunately his mom couldn't come along with us.

2016 Oct 08 - Wedding day on top of Mount Washington on Vancouver Island, and it had just snowed the night before. (L)(L)

2017 Jan - Fourth trip to China (7 days), you guessed it: food, family, friends, spring festival, ...

The CR-1 Process:    NOA1 - PD 27 Dec 2016 (TSC)

Spoiler

2016 Dec 21 - Sent I-130 packet (along with G-1145 for e-notification) by USPS priority mail express (1-day), but missed the pick-up so it won't actually leave till the next day

2016 Dec 23 - Delivery confirmed by USPS

2017 Jan 03 - Payment drawn from bank account

2017 Jan 04 - Text and email confirming USCIS receipt of petition, assignment to Texas Service Center for processing and SRC case number

2017 Jan 09 - Received I-797c notice of action by mail (NOA1) with assigned priority date of 27 Dec 2016

2017 ??? ......... just waiting patiently for NOA2 (hopefully by April/May if they ever stop transferring cases from Nebraska)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EG&XY said:

There are two types of checklist, and neither of them is a "false" checklist.

The dreaded version is one that requires that additional documents be submitted to the NVC for review. This checklist is usually for deficiencies in the main documents, such as birth certificate, police certificate, I-864, etc.

The other version (the one that you got) is just a request that additional documents be provided at the time of the interview. This checklist is usually for more minor issues. I got one similar to yours where it asked for additional W-2's for 2016 to help show the sources of my various income since I filed jointly with my spouse and my W-2 did not cover the entire income claimed on the return. My the checklist only requested that they be provided at the interview and did not need to be submitted to the NVC.

Okey thank you soo much

Timeline

Hello guys, i woould like to repport that i got the INTERVIEW notice early today and it's in October 7.

The National Visa Center (NVC) is pleased to inform you that we scheduled your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Thank you so much guys, i will get my stuffs together

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.