Smile_goongyi

IMB rfe

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

Geowrian is that okay no signed of OKC support?  that's the only documents that you've sent to uscis?  Thank you so much at least now we know what to do 😊

Geowrian I'm the beneficiary do I still need to write a separate letter as well just what lelle attached here?  acknowledging that I didn't use the service of a marriage broker to meet my fiancee and how much we love each other and be together forever. 

How bout you,  you're the only one who sent the documents and signed it?  Sorry I have lots of questions. 

11 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

Geowrian I'm the beneficiary do I still need to write a separate letter as well just what lelle attached here?  acknowledging that I didn't use the service of a marriage broker to meet my fiancee and how much we love each other and be together forever. 

How bout you,  you're the only one who sent the documents and signed it?  Sorry I have lots of questions. 

I am the petitioner, and I only sent the TOS plus the email to satisfy the RFE.

You can write something up as well, but honestly they are looking for verifiable evidence, not affidavits. It sounds like they believe you met through OKC fine...they just need proof OKC isn't actually an IMB. Your word that they aren't doesn't carry much sway.

Edit: If you still have access to your account(s), then you can also send a screenshot of your first messages to each other.

A letter of how much you love each other can be included as well, but has no impact on the RFE nor the I-129F adjudication process (USCIS doesn't assess the legitimacy of the relationship for the I-129F). It will be included with your packet that is sent to the embassy for the CO to (potentially) review. The CO will make a determination if the relationship is bona fide. You can (and should) provide more relationship evidence at the time of the interview as well.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
24 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I am the petitioner, and I only sent the TOS plus the email to satisfy the RFE.

You can write something up as well, but honestly they are looking for verifiable evidence, not affidavits. It sounds like they believe you met through OKC fine...they just need proof OKC isn't actually an IMB. Your word that they aren't doesn't carry much sway.

Edit: If you still have access to your account(s), then you can also send a screenshot of your first messages to each other.

A letter of how much you love each other can be included as well, but has no impact on the RFE nor the I-129F adjudication process (USCIS doesn't assess the legitimacy of the relationship for the I-129F). It will be included with your packet that is sent to the embassy for the CO to (potentially) review. The CO will make a determination if the relationship is bona fide. You can (and should) provide more relationship evidence at the time of the interview as well.

Thank you geowrian now we're really enlighten up, no more worries. 😊 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I am so glad I came across this thread. That is where Ehan and I met, we chatted there for 3 days if that as well. We are going to get the support staff to send us an email as well to dodge a possible RFE hopefully. Thank you everyone!

• 6 months later...

If you didn't provide evidence that FilipinoCupid is not an IMB, then maybe. The IO may or may not want this documentation for records.

If you did provide this evidence, then you shouldn't get an RFE for this item.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 hours ago, DonMc said:

I met my fiance on Filipino Cupid.    Will I get an RFE for that?  I have already filed the K 1.   I told them I met on Filipino Cupid and then went to skype email and finally met face to face.

Does  everyone that meets on Filipino Cupid get an RFE?  There are thousands of people that meet there

Hello better to show a document saying that you did not met in an international marriage broker.  That was my rfe last Sept 2017 it took a long month for us to received our noa2 because me and my fiancé met in okcupid. What I did was I submit information from the website where it shows it is a website to meet other people or friendship or love, I have read some people have contacted the admin of the dating site and have them write an email saying they are not an IMBRA. (which I've followed as well then thanks God around November my fiancé got our noa2).

Better to have some documents as a proof that Filipino Cupid is not an imbra rather than taking a risk. ;)

Godbless 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiancé and I met on Meetme.com and in our letters describing our meeting in person we both described our relationship and both her and my letters started with "I met... on a dating site". So I'm sure we will be receiving an RFE :(. However we both closed our accounts and don't have any of our correspondence from there because we only spoke shortly before moving on to facebook. We didn't start dating until months of being friends via Facebook/Whatsapp. If we get an RFE what should I do to respond. Are the TOS for Meetme enough? Should I use Facebooks TOS? Should I give notarized personal letter saying we did not meet on an imb? Any advice would help. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
39 minutes ago, CharlieAndFernand said:

My fiancé and I met on Meetme.com and in our letters describing our meeting in person we both described our relationship and both her and my letters started with "I met... on a dating site". So I'm sure we will be receiving an RFE :(. However we both closed our accounts and don't have any of our correspondence from there because we only spoke shortly before moving on to facebook. We didn't start dating until months of being friends via Facebook/Whatsapp. If we get an RFE what should I do to respond. Are the TOS for Meetme enough? Should I use Facebooks TOS? Should I give notarized personal letter saying we did not meet on an imb? Any advice would help. Thanks.

Facebook TOS won’t work because you said you met on a dating site and Facebook is not a dating site

YMMV

Timeline
On 6/13/2018 at 3:55 PM, CharlieAndFernand said:

Sorry for late reply my Gmail accnt is not updating my email.  What we did was we submit information from the website where it shows it is a website to meet other people or friendship or love ( meaning the TOS of that dating site saying those things).  Then my fiancé contacted the admin of the dating site by sending email asking to have them write an email saying they are not an IMBRA.  Then when the admin of that dating site reply we've attached their email to our rfe documents as well.  Then we also attached our chat conversation the time we met and when was the time we've exchange line apps and wattsup because we've plan to not used the site after 2 Days.

Goodluck. :) and Godbless 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.