Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
15 hours ago, Akulkarni said:

Yes CC date Nov 1st and Interview date Jan 17th 2019.

I had filed for 130 way back in July 2017. It took a while due to no name on birth certificate.

I also sent an email enquiry to NVC , and after a week I got an email with the interview date. Actually NVC had not sent the file to Mumbai consulate till last week(as per an email from Mumbai consulate).So not really sure what priority date they use.

Thanks

AKulkarni

Thanks @Akulkarni. That is helpful. I think they use the CC date, but who knows what they use in reality. We filed I-130 back in Sep 2017 as well, so our PD is from Sep-2017. CC is 14-Nov. Waiting for interview date, hopefully in Jan :) Good luck on your next steps. Keep us updated. 

On 12/9/2018 at 3:21 PM, Akulkarni said:

Yes CC date Nov 1st and Interview date Jan 17th 2019.

I had filed for 130 way back in July 2017. It took a while due to no name on birth certificate.

I also sent an email enquiry to NVC , and after a week I got an email with the interview date. Actually NVC had not sent the file to Mumbai consulate till last week(as per an email from Mumbai consulate).So not really sure what priority date they use.

Thanks

AKulkarni

Great news! It is clear that the priority date is indeed factored in scheduling. 

On 12/16/2018 at 12:55 PM, Akulkarni said:

HI,

Quick question regarding the paperwork for interview. Do we need to send the whole set again, like 1-864, bank statements, citizenship certificate etc?

Thanks

Akulkarni

All originals and a copy of what you sent to NVC is needed at the Consulate as a baseline. You may need to add a few more docs to support your case as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 11:27 AM, Lane O said:

Update guys! 

For all the parents that undergo sputum in the Philippines,  after at least two weeks of arrival in the US,  the public health nurse will visit your place and will schedule your parent/s for a checkup in a clinic, it is free of charge. 

They did another X-ray and compared to the X-ray conducted in the Philippines, it the same result so my mom had to do sputum test for 3 again. Today was the last day. 

They also did blood work, they told us we will know the result of the blood work within a week and if the blood work is ok then they will close the case. 

Hello @Lane O - Don't know if you are still active on this forum, but if you are, will appreciate an update as we are likely to be in similar situation. Did your mom's blood work come out OK? What was the process - was your mom seen by a physician in addition to the tests? Also, did your mom have a history of old TB? Sorry for lots of questions, but this just adds anxiety to an already stressful process.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, willcrack said:

Great news! It is clear that the priority date is indeed factored in scheduling. 

My Mons Interview was successful , Her Green Card was approved. We have to wait for the passport now,it will take around 5days.

When she went for medical they gave her one more sealed copy that needs to be given in US at the port of entry.

Thanks

Akulkarni

5 minutes ago, Akulkarni said:

My Mons Interview was successful , Her Green Card was approved. We have to wait for the passport now,it will take around 5days.

When she went for medical they gave her one more sealed copy that needs to be given in US at the port of entry.

Thanks

Akulkarni

Congrats! 

On 1/9/2019 at 5:00 PM, adar24 said:

Hello @Lane O - Don't know if you are still active on this forum, but if you are, will appreciate an update as we are likely to be in similar situation. Did your mom's blood work come out OK? What was the process - was your mom seen by a physician in addition to the tests? Also, did your mom have a history of old TB? Sorry for lots of questions, but this just adds anxiety to an already stressful process.

I just read this now. 

My mom doesn't have a TB history. 

They just did a sputum test, for 3 days every morning. 

Actually, I haven't heard from them since last year.

No news is good news. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 11:30 AM, Lane O said:

All you need is the A-number and the DOS case number to pay. 

I just received an update that they already mailed my mom GC today. :)

Hello LaneO - which site I can use to track my mom GC if it's on process now?

Thank you!

On 1/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, Lane O said:

I just read this now. 

My mom doesn't have a TB history. 

They just did a sputum test, for 3 days every morning. 

Actually, I haven't heard from them since last year.

No news is good news. 

Indeed. No news is good news. Thanks for responding to my question. I really appreciate it. 

On 1/20/2019 at 7:05 PM, Cherry & Mama said:

Hello LaneO - which site I can use to track my mom GC if it's on process now?

Thank you!

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

Just enter your receipt number. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, Akulkarni said:

Thanks

Akulkarni

congrats!!! do you know what questions they asked in the interview 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Lane O @Cherry & Mama

hello! My mom’s interview will be this Friday 2/8. Manila US Embassy. Does she need to pay something? I know there’s an immigration fee that I can pay when she gets here. Im wondering if there will be more fee that she need to pay at the Embassy during the interview?

Thank you!

I30 Petition for my Mother Timeline

SVC: Texas Service Center

03/01/2018- Sent Petition to USCIS via USPS

03/05/2018- USCIS received petition PRIORITY DATE

03/08/2018- NOA1

08/31/2018- USCIS Approved Petition

09/03/2018- NOA2

09/10/2018- Case sent to NVC

09/18/2018- NVC received case

10/12/2018- received email from NVC with the case # ( CEAC processing )

10/16/2018- Paid Fees AOS and Visa Fee

10/19/2018- Submitted Documents. Civil Documents/AOS and completed DS260

10/30/2018- received email from NVC. checked my CEAC acct rejected AOS, Police Clearance and Birth Certificate

Reason: some part is cut off and not clear. Resubmitted the same day.

11/08/2018- Received an email from NVC that all the required documents are approved. Its documentarily qualified and they will schedule the interview.

11/19/2018- Received an email that interview is scheduled for December 17

11/22/2018- First day medical

11/23/2018- Second day medical saw abnormality on the xray need to go back for sputum culture.

1/31/2019-Back to St.Lukes. Medical approved. Scheduled Interview 

2/08/2019-INTERVIEW PASSED

2/13/2019-Visa Issued Status

On 1/22/2019 at 7:33 AM, adar24 said:

Indeed. No news is good news. Thanks for responding to my question. I really appreciate it. 

@adar24

We got my mom result and she passed. They gave us a letter and they say if we ever have a problem in immigration just show the letter.  Basically, the letter is just saying my mom doesn't have TB.

8 minutes ago, EandJ said:

@Lane O @Cherry & Mama

hello! My mom’s interview will be this Friday 2/8. Manila US Embassy. Does she need to pay something? I know there’s an immigration fee that I can pay when she gets here. Im wondering if there will be more fee that she need to pay at the Embassy during the interview?

Thank you!

Hi! No fee to pay in the Manila US embassy. Just a 220 USD for the green card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.