Lane O

July 2017 Filers of I-130 for Parents of U.S Citizens

521 posts in this topic

mcangel75, we also filed mid-July and got NOA1 on 7/27. We're also still in the "Case Was Received" stage - no updates or anything since NOA1. I'm expecting a long and slow wait based on what I've read from others who filed earlier in the year... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

AOS from Marriage on B2 ~ Full & Detailed Timeline in My Profile

• Married in Las Vegas - 5.11.11
  • Greencard received - 11.18.11
  • Removing of Conditions - package mailed 10.9.13
  • Greencard received - 1.23.14
  • Naturalization - package mailed 4.26.16
  • Oath ceremony - 3.28.17
  • Petition Alien Relative (Father Abroad) - package mailed 7.14.17
  • Check cashed - 7.21.17
  • NOA1 (I-797C receipt dated 7.18) received - 7.27.17
  • NOA2 (approval, dated 1.31) received - 2.5.18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We (parents USC) filed concurrent forms I-130, I-485, I-765 on 1, June, 2017 and got NOA-1 on 7, June, 2017.

Biometrics done date: 26, June, 2017

USCIS office: National Benefit Center 

We don't have an updates in our cases since 7, June, 2017

18 hours ago, Maranda said:

mcangel75, we also filed mid-July and got NOA1 on 7/27. We're also still in the "Case Was Received" stage - no updates or anything since NOA1. I'm expecting a long and slow wait based on what I've read from others who filed earlier in the year... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

oh ok.. so we both in the same page... let's keep each other updated so we have ideas what is going on,if that's alright with u? waiting is a bit frustrating..lol hope everything is good though and no problems on documents.. thanks for respond

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, Annvee said:

My petition was received on august 15th so I guess I can join u too. Looks like I can't check online. My service center is Nebraska too😩😢😒 

let's keep each other updated and our 🤞🏾 

Welcome to the club. My PD is July 19th but I still can't check my status online today. I was first told to wait for 45 days before calling again. 45 days passed and I was told that it may take more than 45 days before my case status can be checked online. I'm kinda resigned to the fact that it will remain that way until my case is finally approved just what happened to some people. Each time I called, I was assured that everything is okay. It's still frustrating though. Not that being able to check through their website will  in any way reduce the waiting time but still, that's something. Hope yours will be up in no time.

Hi there, im not July filer or anything :P,but my moms PD is June 2nd.. I see that end of April filers have been getting NOA 2's so hopefully they hurry it up with May-June-July right;)

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey I am applying soon for my parents. Do you guys have any idea how much salary should be to get approval I have right now 3 family members without my parents included.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 7:13 PM, julieascott said:

Hi,

I started a thread for July 2017 I 130 filers but if you don't mind, I'd like to join here too. Sent my application July 17th but didn't get NOA1 until 26th. Anyways, my PD is July 19th. It's been 45days but my receipt number isn't recognized by the USCIS website so I still couldn't check the status online. I already called like three times and was told that there's nothing wrong. It's just a technical glitch in their system that cannot be easily resolved. My case was forwarded to Nebraska Service Center which doesn't have that good of a reputation when it comes to efficiency in processing cases but I am still praying and hoping that it won't take them so long. And when I say so long, I mean probably 8 or 9 months without justifiable RFEs or something.

They received mine July 17, PD is also July 17 I was hoping to get an update last month cause it was the 5th month but so far no news...This 17th of January will be the 6 months. 

Edited by Lane O

On 10/15/2017 at 7:32 PM, julieascott said:

Welcome to the club. My PD is July 19th but I still can't check my status online today. I was first told to wait for 45 days before calling again. 45 days passed and I was told that it may take more than 45 days before my case status can be checked online. I'm kinda resigned to the fact that it will remain that way until my case is finally approved just what happened to some people. Each time I called, I was assured that everything is okay. It's still frustrating though. Not that being able to check through their website will  in any way reduce the waiting time but still, that's something. Hope yours will be up in no time.

If haven't heard anything from them after the 17th of this month I will call them. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline

My PD is May 24th 2017. (The processing time was between 4 and 5 months then). My son called USCIS early December and was told “if you haven’t heard anything by the end of March 2018 call back”. ☹️ 

15 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

My PD is May 24th 2017. (The processing time was between 4 and 5 months then). My son called USCIS early December and was told “if you haven’t heard anything by the end of March 2018 call back”. ☹️ 

I am so sorry to hear this. -_- I keep telling myself "any day now!" as we're also coming up on the 6-month mark, but I know it's probably going to be quite a lot longer. Keeping my father-in-law's spirit up is the hard part (the beneficiary). He has no family and nothing left there, just ticking away the days...

AOS from Marriage on B2 ~ Full & Detailed Timeline in My Profile

• Married in Las Vegas - 5.11.11
  • Greencard received - 11.18.11
  • Removing of Conditions - package mailed 10.9.13
  • Greencard received - 1.23.14
  • Naturalization - package mailed 4.26.16
  • Oath ceremony - 3.28.17
  • Petition Alien Relative (Father Abroad) - package mailed 7.14.17
  • Check cashed - 7.21.17
  • NOA1 (I-797C receipt dated 7.18) received - 7.27.17
  • NOA2 (approval, dated 1.31) received - 2.5.18

Timeline
On 1/8/2018 at 12:02 PM, Lane O said:

If haven't heard anything from them after the 17th of this month I will call them. 

I did call and was just told pretty much the same thing they told me before. That I might not hear anything until March, and that is a big maybe. It's taking roughly 9 months in average in Nebraska. But of course, I'm still praying for a miracle.

14 hours ago, julieascott said:

I did call and was just told pretty much the same thing they told me before. That I might not hear anything until March, and that is a big maybe. It's taking roughly 9 months in average in Nebraska. But of course, I'm still praying for a miracle.

I tried to submit and E-request but it says that the case is still in normal processing time. What is your service center? Mine is Texas Service Center. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lane O said:

I tried to submit and E-request but it says that the case is still in normal processing time. What is your service center? Mine is Texas Service Center. 

Nebraska.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

My brother filed I-130 in somewhere June 2017 for my parents. He received the receipt within 10 days with priority date July 13 2017 for both. Processing center was assigned to Potomac Service center (YSC). 

So far we did not hear any news.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.