MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, mohamadmashta said:

mine was yesterday too. at least this is a good sign that our cases are being processed ..... lets keep our fingers crossed

That's usually a good sign :) 

When was your interview and when did you send DS-5535?

~~~

Timeline
Just now, mimo11 said:

I received it by email one day after my interview.

Oh wow! There is hope then for us too then! :D 

What type of visa are you applying for?

~~~

I am from Egypt and applied for it at the consulate in Munich, Germany. My visa type is B2 Visa (tourist).

3 minutes ago, SaRy said:

Oh wow! There is hope then for us too then! :D 

What type of visa are you applying for?

1 minute ago, USvisa5535 said:

Awesome congratulations. At least now I know someone who have to fill DS 5535 and ends up getting visa. BTW where did you apply for visa ??

Timeline
5 hours ago, mohamadmashta said:

mine was yesterday too. at least this is a good sign that our cases are being processed ..... lets keep our fingers crossed

When was your interview?

~~~

Timeline

Every who haven't filled out their Timelines yet, please do so so we know the type of visa you've applied for, the Embassy/Consulate where you had your interview and your interview date. This will help get a better idea of how long the entire process takes.

Thanks and good luck to everyone! :) 

3 minutes ago, mohamadmashta said:

Interview was on 27th of July

Alright, thanks and please keep us updated :) 

~~~

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Congratulations to all who got their visa!

and I hope every person who is waiting his/her visa gets good news very soon!

I am in the same situation I am a Syrian student my interview was on August 7, I applied for F1 student visa in the American embassy in Beirut Lebanon,  they sent me the form on the same day and I filled it out and sent immediately.

on the CEAC the last update was August 9.

I'm worried because my classes will start on August 19. 

Edited by Gaeth

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
1 hour ago, USvisa5535 said:

Mohammed have you recieved your visa as well ?? 

Not yet .... Case was last updated yesterday 15th Aug but still shows AP

I will keep you guys updated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, mimo11 said:

The case of a friend of mine, who applied for H1B visa in June and filled this form, was also updated last Monday but is still in AP. There are some good signs :) 

Congratulations on your visa. 

our case was updated on Aug,4,7,11,and 14th. still on AP so hoping for the best. 

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I'm a student from South Korea and I initially got my visa interview waived and submitted my student visa renewal application on June 28th via dropbox. (I have been studying outside of my home country since 2001. Received all my education in the U.S. and Canada). My case was created on June 29th and was asked to fill out DS 5535 via email on July 3rd. I filled out the form and sent it back immediately and it's been undergoing AP since then. I have submitted all of valid documents including official transcript (GPA a little below 4.0), valid I-20 (through 2022) and DS 160. I'm currently on full scholarship pursuing my doctoral degree. I don't see any date updated on CEAC, but the emails I've been receiving from them says "your case has been updated, please log back into your account to view the details.", but still in AP and the date indicates the same, July 3rd. Does this still mean that it's somewhat being processed?? I hope so...? I have my apartment, my car, my jobs, literally all of my belongings in Houston. Also, it irritates me how every person I speak to provides me with false information. For instance, a lady that has been responding to my emails decided to give me a call and she said she's not supposed to call the applicants but she was calling because I seemed so desperate in my emails and wanted to let me know that my case was sent directly to the U.S. for approval and that they're actually waiting for a response from them. I waited for 2 weeks and then called the embassy again, someone else picked up the phone, informed me that my case was NEVER updated since July 3rd and that it's nonsense that my case was sent to the U.S.......hmm....first of all, I've been in contact with her since July 3rd and someone else from the visa department says that they don't see any email threads or updates for my case since July 3rd...Was she lying to me...?? I'm so confused why she did that to me.

Anyways, my school begins on August 21st..I'm already late unless some miracle happens and I hear back from them tomorrow for my passport's resubmission. It's not like I applied for visa renewal last minute. I have been waiting for almost 2 months now. If I'm unable to make it back in time, school will withdraw my SEVIS record...then what is the point of waiting for this visa...? Any continuing students experiencing this? Lastly, we're all aware of what this DS 5535 is all about...This is such a torture waiting for this without a specific timeframe. I know it says some cases take longer than 60 days, but this better resolve within 60 days...Please feel free to share your thoughts on this. Thank you for taking your time to read in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.